Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Retirement Visa

johnfb43

Why not just go to an agent - pay 26500 baht get a 15 month Retirement visa with multiple re-entry (or 22000 without) free 90 day reporting and be done with it - no proof of income, no letters no nothing

Maneerat - Soi Post Office - start to finish in under a month - renewal 15,000

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, socrates said:

Why not just go to an agent - pay 26500 baht get a 15 month Retirement Visa with multiple re-entry (or 22000 without) free 90 day reporting and be done with it - no proof of income, no letters no nothing

What do you mean by (free 90 day reporting ) do you mean there is no requirement to go with your passport and get a 90 stamp. Or that it is not needed ?.

if so this would be of concern to me as you will never know if the retirement stamp in your passport is legit.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I would certainly want to see the 90 day report slip in my passport so I would always go to Jomtien myself; or would that be a problem..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

14 hours ago, socrates said:

Why not just go to an agent - pay 26500 baht get a 15 month Retirement Visa with multiple re-entry (or 22000 without) 

Because it's fully illegal and if ever you get checked and caught you will really regret this bad choice !

BTW why pay 22'000 baht when it's so easy to get it in Jomtien for about 2-3'000 baht?

15 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

I would certainly want to see the 90 day report slip in my passport

so I would always go to Jomtien myself; or would that be a problem..

Why?

There is no requirement to have your 90-Days report slip on you or in your passport.

I made my last one online and didn't even print it. :)

9 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Why?

There is no requirement to have your 90-Days report slip on you or in your passport.

I made my last one online and didn't even print it. :)

The way I read billboy's post is he would want to see the 90 day report slip in his passport as proof it actually got done if hiring someone to go in his place.

Edited to add: Sure wish the online reporting was up and running again. I last used that method well over a year ago. 

The last two times i tried on-line reporting it did not work so i had to report in person and got the confirmation slip pinned to my passport.

Even if i did get a 'Retirement Visa' through an agent, i would still prefer to do the 90 day report myself , either on-line or in person.

PS: Online wasn't working on 16th October, i got a message to report to the Immigration Office and an officer confirmed it was not working..

12 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Because it's fully illegal and if ever you get checked and caught you will really regret this bad choice !

BTW why pay 22'000 baht when it's so easy to get it in Jomtien for about 2-3'000 baht?

For those who cannot comply the answer is that it may be their best/only option.

For those who can comply, I don't understand why anyone would take the risk with the Military in charge, especially at an extra 20k.
Jomtien already had their right to issue 90 day O Visa taken from them so the Military are well aware of these kitchen table jobs and could crack down on them at any time.
Just for one example, it would be so easy to check compliance with the financial requirements i.e. bank letter and/or embassy verification.
I'm surprised there hasn't already been a general crackdown, but there have been individuals caught out and I wouldn't want to be one of them.

1 minute ago, Oukiva said:

The webpage is active, and it will let you fill in the form. Unfortunately when you submit the completed form it comes back with this message:

ScreenShot001.jpg

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

The webpage is active, and it will let you fill in the form. Unfortunately when you submit the completed form it comes back with this message:

ScreenShot001.jpg

That is what i got on 16th October.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

ScreenShot001.jpg

If you get this, it's very probably that you are not in the 8-days period where you can make your report:

"within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification"

See the example on their website:

example.jpg

I made mine yesterday. No problem. Now waiting confirmation.

My Due date was 27 Oct and i applied on 16th Oct.

And i note it says "Keep in Passport" which i always do when i have approved online applications.

4 hours ago, Oukiva said:

If you get this, it's very probably that you are not in the 8-days period where you can make your report:

"within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification"

See the example on their website:

I made mine yesterday. No problem. Now waiting confirmation.

I'm familiar with the days before that you're allowed to use the online report. Like I said, worked in the past for me, but during the past year I've probably caught it during the innumerable times it's down.

My 90 days were due the 23 October, I applied on line the 9th.

It was approved the same day, but my next due date is now the 6 th. January 2018.

For my 1 month extension due on the 1st November - 1) I assume Immigration is open at Jomtien? 2) What do I need to bring with me? 3) How much is it? 4) Would it be better to go on the 30th October?

Thank you

My income will be approx 60,000bht pm how do I work out how much I need to lodge into an account. 

60000 x 12 = 720000

You need to have a total of 800000, so theoretically you should have 80000 on a bankaccount in Thailand.

Better to be save of course and have at least 100000.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 20:17, socrates said:

Why not just go to an agent - pay 26500 baht get a 15 month Retirement Visa with multiple re-entry (or 22000 without) free 90 day reporting and be done with it - no proof of income, no letters no nothing

For 22K I was able to go from a 30-day stamp to a 15 month multiple which I received in about 8 days.  All I needed was proof of 800K in my Thai bank account.  I went directly to Jomtien Immigration.  No agent needed.  But I had a legitimate reason for requesting help to get it done this way.  And maybe I was lucky to find an Immigration official willing to help me. 

But my point would be that someone willing to pay more to an agent might want to first check directly with Immigration if you are worried about whether or not your visa is legal when the rules are being bent.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

1 hour ago, timbota said:

For 22K I was able to go from a 30-day stamp to a 15 month multiple which I received in about 8 days.  All I needed was proof of 800K in my Thai bank account.  I went directly to Jomtien Immigration.  No agent needed.  But I had a legitimate reason for requesting help to get it done this way.  And maybe I was lucky to find an Immigration official willing to help me. 

But my point would be that someone willing to pay more to an agent might want to first check directly with Immigration if you are worried about whether or not your Visa is legal when the rules are being bent.

If you met all the criteria why did it cost 22k?

Jomtien can do the conversion to O visa for 1900, the Retirement Extension for 1900 (= 15 months) + Re-entry Permit if required.
Including getting the O visa authorised at Bangkok, it would take about 8 days, so probably legit'.

If the answer lies in 'legitimate reason for requesting help to get it done this way"  then fair enough, not my business....but expensive help nonetheless.

I got my retirement extension at Jomtien back in 2006 after arriving in LOS on the 30 day stamp.  2000 baht for the "O"  visa which was immediately stamped used.  Then to the retirement extension desk for another 1900 baht.  Back then my retirement extension started from the date that I entered LOS on the 30 day stamp so I only got about 11 months and 2 weeks that first year.  My TGF and I arrived mid morning and were told to come back in the afternoon to pick up the stamped passport so we went to the beach to relax and have lunch.  3900 baht spent and completely finished with 4 hours.  That "O" visa stamp was transferred to another passport back in 2007 and again this past August.  

I thought the process was easy but if others want to pay 22K to have it done that is their choice,  I prefer to use the funds for S/Ts.

29 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I got my retirement extension at Jomtien back in 2006 after arriving in LOS on the 30 day stamp.  2000 baht for the "O"  Visa which was immediately stamped used.  Then to the retirement extension desk for another 1900 baht.  Back then my retirement extension started from the date that I entered LOS on the 30 day stamp so I only got about 11 months and 2 weeks that first year.  My TGF and I arrived mid morning and were told to come back in the afternoon to pick up the stamped passport so we went to the beach to relax and have lunch.  3900 baht spent and completely finished with 4 hours.  That "O" Visa stamp was transferred to another passport back in 2007 and again this past August.  

I thought the process was easy but if others want to pay 22K to have it done that is their choice,  I prefer to use the funds for S/Ts.

So you did not have a letter from your  Thai bank confirming that you had 800,000Baht and that it was in your bank for at least 2 months, OR a letter from your Embassy confirming you had a Pension/Income of the equivalent of 65,00 baht per month..

1 minute ago, Billyboy294 said:

So you did not have a letter from your  Thai bank confirming that you had 800,000Baht and that it was in your bank for at least 2 months, OR a letter from your Embassy confirming you had a Pension/Income of the equivalent of 65,00 baht per month..

The first couple of years I paid the US Embassy $30 to notarized a pension, since then I've gone with the 800K in a Thai bank.  Also that first year I needed a medical statement, went to Dr Belem over near Soi 6 who took my blood pressure and asked me if I felt good.  Then gave me a piece of paper and took either 100 or 200 baht.  That was the last year a medical statement was required.

11 hours ago, Edge said:

If you met all the criteria why did it cost 22k?

Jomtien can do the conversion to O Visa for 1900, the Retirement Extension for 1900 (= 15 months) + Re-entry Permit if required.
Including getting the O Visa authorised at Bangkok, it would take about 8 days, so probably legit'.

If the answer lies in 'legitimate reason for requesting help to get it done this way"  then fair enough, not my business....but expensive help nonetheless.

They did not want to do the conversion to O until 3 weeks later at the end of my 30 days.  And wanted me to apply for the retirement (& multiple entry) at the end of 90 days.  I was leaving the country in 9 days.  And the 800K had only been in my bank for about 6 days.  22K isn't that much to me now.  Maybe someday when I retire, but probably not.  And I am lazy and impatient.  Getting my retirement extension & multiple entry this year was pretty straightforward and yes, much cheaper, but I still hated the process with a passion.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

Archived