Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | NWG 2020 Charity Appeal | NEW PA website | Add your Text or Event here

makavelli

Motivation gone!

andy666
13 minutes ago, mcfish said:

How many guys can speak fluent thai? 5% the rest use basic thai phrases and think they are thai speakers yourself included.
That wasn't what I was talking about.

All the girls In my phone speak acceptable English.

Never been to a restaurant or bar in lower Sukhumvit or pattaya where the waitress can not speak English.

If you go upcountry or simply to places that are not so touristic the let’s say 200 words one knows can make a huge difference to the experience. 

mcfish
If you go upcountry or simply to places that are not so touristic the let’s say 200 words one knows can make a huge difference to the experience. 
Sure I already agreed with that scenario. You better damn well know thai if you hang out in the sticks.

jayjo
5 hours ago, mcfish said:

How many guys can speak fluent thai? 5% the rest use basic thai phrases and think they are thai speakers yourself included.
That wasn't what I was talking about.

All the girls In my phone speak acceptable English.

Never been to a restaurant or bar in lower Sukhumvit or pattaya where the waitress can not speak English.

Huh you ever heard me speaking thai he?

jayjo
On 10/11/2017 at 00:02, slick67 said:

ผิด :): without a tonemark it’s either a rising or a low tone...

Thats incorrect, i have learned the High consonant tonerules with this:

Hal = High consonant, aprupt = low tone

Her = High consonant, extensive = rising tone.

Like slick said, ผิด  the ด is aprupt ending (คำตาย)so the syllable is in lowtone.

I learned all tonerules with this system, and it makes it very easy because you only have to remember a few words.

makavelli

Now with the Corona Virus here in the UK and having to stay in doors it has opened plenty of time back up to try and pick up my Thai again.

I am just wondering if anyone has any good programmes that they can recommend? Either free or if you have to pay a subscription fee (either will do)

Main thing I want to do is improve my conversation and vocab

Cheers

Sandscorp

If you learn the language it may smash your rose tinted spectacles of the wonderful illusion that exists in this beautiful mongers paradise. 

You will hear what people really think of usmongers. If you are thick skinned then it's ok. If you are easily offended then what you don't know can't harm your dream:Dance1: