Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Urgent! View Talay 5D studio for sale

Anth0ny

looks like a nice place to me, doent really know about the price but some of the places look horrid, this looks nice and clean with a nice kitchen.  cant see the bathroom but nice to live there and jomtien side would be a nice view I think

Jomtien side has the better views but is also the hotter side. The condo will get the sun for most of the day. It’s also the noisier side. Not only the regular music from Jomtien Complex (often live music there) but also a karaoke/live band for Thais that happens in/near the Complex on a regular basis - often goes on well past 2am. 

The asking price is more realistic now. It just shows how the market has changed. 3/4 years ago 2.5-2.7 would have been a standard price for 5C. Now condos are still not selling at close to 2 million. There’s always the odd buyer who buys without researching much and overpays, but the overall market has seen a significant fall.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 10/20/2017 at 13:43, Anth0ny said:

Price reduced to 2.150.00 THB
Transfer: 50/50

Is the 50/50 Transfer including 50 % of the The tax that the owner is liable for ( if not held for more than 5 years) ? or just the normal transfer  costs  between both parties.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 18/10/2017 at 11:48, Larssonn said:

wich ones have higher fees except the not so popular vt 5 and 8 due to low population buildings ? 

1-2-3-6-7 ?

i know for example center condo had about double maintence fees last year from  10 to 19 per sqm as an example but would be great with info wich vt buildings have a increased maintence fee from 500 per month per unit `?

and most of all wich unit have 300 / month ?

As I mentioned, it's the older ones that have the lower basic fee and a supplementary fee. This should not be confused with a fee increase which is permanent and would require a large majority vote from all co-owners to implement. A supplementary fee only requires a simple majority of those present at a second AGM (so in theory could be decided by a handful of people) and is only valid for a limited period and has to be voted on again regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 06:39, KittenKong said:

As I mentioned, it's the older ones that have the lower basic fee and a supplementary fee. This should not be confused with a fee increase which is permanent and would require a large majority vote from all co-owners to implement. A supplementary fee only requires a simple majority of those present at a second AGM (so in theory could be decided by a handful of people) and is only valid for a limited period and has to be voted on again regularly.

Altho you have stated a correct situation you have IMO not made it clear between the two charges.

You and I both know how it works 1st AGM second AGM Thai Mafia +++++.

JDM

11 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Altho you have stated a correct situation you have IMO not made it clear between the two charges.

I dont quite follow you.

The common fee is fixed when the building is new. It cant be increased without a large vote of all co-owners. This basically means that common fees are not increased in most buildings as they get older.

So to make up the shortfall in day-to-day running costs (which have increased substantially over the last 10-20-30 years or so, and which in many cases were never covered by the common fee even when the buildings were new) there is an annual vote to levy a special extra fee to cover the difference.

11 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

You and I both know how it works 1st AGM second AGM Thai Mafia +++++.

I dont see anything wrong with this as it is put to a vote and anyone who cares to attend or send a proxy can have his say about it. But regardless of whether people agree with it or not, in all older buildings I know of the extra fee is vital to cover daily expenses and without it the staff would not be paid and the lights would not stay on.

I stayed in Jomtien Complex Condo last trip and there were signs up in the lifts regarding annual fees. It was clear the committee had agreed an additional fee and the signs were comparing other buildings to persuade people the fee was justified. 

Given the age (and condition) of the building, it was clearly in need of extra money for maintenance!

I think they were quoting about 17000 baht for the year. The condos there are mostly 64 sq m.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, davidge said:

I stayed in Jomtien Complex Condo last trip and there were signs up in the lifts regarding annual fees. It was clear the committee had agreed an additional fee and the signs were comparing other buildings to persuade people the fee was justified. 

Technically the committee can only recommend and suggest the level of any extra special charge: they can never implement it. Co-owners at a GM (with a legal majority) are the only people who can actually decide whether to implement such an extra charge or not, but if they decide to do so then it is binding on all co-owners.

Regardless of what figures the committee suggest there is nothing stopping co-owners at the GM from suggesting an entirely different figure and voting to charge that amount, or indeed nothing at all (though that would be foolish). So it is indeed very likely that the notice you saw was intended to inform and persuade.

17 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Technically the committee can only recommend and suggest the level of any extra special charge: they can never implement it. Co-owners at a GM (with a legal majority) are the only people who can actually decide whether to implement such an extra charge or not, but if they decide to do so then it is binding on all co-owners.

Regardless of what figures the committee suggest there is nothing stopping co-owners at the GM from suggesting an entirely different figure and voting to charge that amount, or indeed nothing at all (though that would be foolish). So it is indeed very likely that the notice you saw was intended to inform and persuade.

Also an Extraordinary Meeting can be called prior to the AGM and done as you stated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 07:34, KittenKong said:

I dont quite follow you.

The common fee is fixed when the building is new. It cant be increased without a large vote of all co-owners. This basically means that common fees are not increased in most buildings as they get older.

So to make up the shortfall in day-to-day running costs (which have increased substantially over the last 10-20-30 years or so, and which in many cases were never covered by the common fee even when the buildings were new) there is an annual vote to levy a special extra fee to cover the difference.

I dont see anything wrong with this as it is put to a vote and anyone who cares to attend or send a proxy can have his say about it. But regardless of whether people agree with it or not, in all older buildings I know of the extra fee is vital to cover daily expenses and without it the staff would not be paid and the lights would not stay on.

Follow this ...Please.... be real ....you have given good advice so far as I can see in your posts on this forum  however you KNOW at the second agm the majority in attendance can vote a one off payment ( many payments ) what ever the amount and many Thai owners who are friends with the thai committee who attend (many farang) do not attend so its a gang fuck over the co-owners.

JDM

32 minutes ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Follow this ...Please.... be real ....you have given good advice so far as I can see in your posts on this forum  however you KNOW at the second agm the majority in attendance can vote a one off payment ( many payments ) what ever the amount and many Thai owners who are friends with the thai committee who attend (many farang) do not attend so its a gang fuck over the co-owners.

JDM

At our condo AGMs,  if no quorum (I believe 25% of square meters owners in attendance or proxies) then no meeting.  Then the committee calls a 2nd AGM within a specific time period and whatever percent attends/proxies you have a valid meeting to raise or lower CAM fees or impose a special assement.

5 hours ago, JAI DEE MAK said:

Sorry, I still dont see what you are getting at.

Yes, the law allows for far fewer co-owners to make decisions at a second meeting. The reason is that many people dont attend (as you rightly point out) and, like it or not, the decisions do need to be made. Especially when it comes to the supplementary fee and electing a committee etc. The buildings I know that impose a supplementary fee simply could not function for more than a few months without it. So it is not optional at all.

It really doesnt matter who attends and who votes because the money is needed and everyone, present or not, Thai or not, will pay their share (at least they will if management is doing its job).

And all co-owners always have the right (I consider it a duty) to attend all meetings or be represented at them by a proxy.

If you are saying that finances in many buildings are opaque, and that the accounts are wildly inaccurate, then I would certainly agree with you. Condo management here is largely the domain of thieves and idiots.

JDM is correct. Just ask any Art on the Hill owner how it went trying to get another managing agent in. Exactly as JDM describes.

2 hours ago, bobSL1 said:

JDM is correct. Just ask any Art on the Hill owner how it went trying to get another managing agent in. Exactly as JDM describes.

If the co-owners at AOTH bothered to attend their AGM, or to send a valid proxy, they could do what they want. If they dont bother to attend then they will just get what those who do attend want instead.

This is democracy.

Archived