IGNORED

Steak and Company

Steak and Company has been on my "give it a try" list for quite some time. I looked for an old thread to add onto, but did not see one in the last 18 months.

Made it in the other night for the first time. Not bad IMO. Ruth Chris is not scared, but for Pattaya I thought it was pretty good. I had the Steak au Poivre (small version), onion rings, and a glass of red. If I remember correctly it came to about 1200 baht. I like it better than Beefeaters. That's just me.

It's on soi Lengkee next door to Smokin' Joes.

http://www.steakcopattaya.com/

Steak and Company Au Poivre.JPG

Maybe I should give this place another chance. My review was from January 2017 I think? Starters and sides as good as anywhere in Pattaya. Unfortunately, the steak was very disappointing and the House red dreadful - hopefully they’ve changed the wine!

I don’t eat steak that often in Pattaya so tend to stick to Patrick’s as I’ve always enjoyed it there. Easier to get to as well.

BTW I think autocorrect intervened in your post :)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

46 minutes ago, davidge said:

....... Unfortunately, the steak was very disappointing and the House red dreadful - hopefully they’ve changed the wine!

I don’t eat steak that often in Pattaya so tend to stick to Patrick’s as I’ve always enjoyed it there. Easier to get to as well.

The house red is still nothing to write home about. Might be a better place to go with a friend and split a bottle of something else.

I also seldom eat steak in Pattaya or back home for that matter. Patrick's is on my give it a try list as well.

The quality of meat, at least for the tenderloin, was good, but not great.

Not sure I am catching the autocorrect comment.

28 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

The house red is still nothing to write home about. Might be a better place to go with a friend and split a bottle of something else.

I also seldom eat steak in Pattaya or back home for that matter. Patrick's is on my give it a try list as well.

The quality of meat, at least for the tenderloin, was good, but not great.

Not sure I am catching the autocorrect comment.

“Ruth Chris is not scared”

I assumed this was autocorrect? If not, you’ve got me confused - which isn’t difficult nowadays 

:P

1 hour ago, davidge said:

“Ruth Chris is not scared”

I assumed this was autocorrect? If not, you’ve got me confused - which isn’t difficult nowadays 

:P

It's a famous brand steakhouse in the USA.

No, they are not scared. 

6 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

It's a famous brand steakhouse in the USA.

No, they are not scared. 

Ah, thanks.

Never heard of them.

Said it wasn’t difficult to confuse me :rolleyes:

On 10/3/2017 at 06:27, davidge said:

Ah, thanks.

Never heard of them.

Said it wasn’t difficult to confuse me :rolleyes:

Ruth Chris is one of the best chain steak places in the US. I am a fan, but dinner there for two can easily reach $200 USD, with cocktails and a bottle of wine.

Worth a try if you get over here to the land of the very confused some time. Make sure to order the thin cut fries as a side. 

I will be back to Jomtien in January for 4 months. Let me know if you will be around.

Just finished 24 hours of flights and am wondering why I left. :(

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Ruth Chris is one of the best chain steak places in the US. I am a fan, but dinner there for two can easily reach $200 USD, with cocktails and a bottle of wine.

Worth a try if you get over here to the land of the very confused some time. Make sure to order the thin cut fries as a side. 

I will be back to Jomtien in January for 4 months. Let me know if you will be around.

Just finished 24 hours of flights and am wondering why I left. :(

Don’t envy you the journey. I find it bad enough from here.

Earliest I’m likely to be back is next July - and that’s not certain. Things a bit complicated at the moment.

Hope you enjoyed your trip anyway. Not too long until you get back!

(BTW, I visited NY in about 1988?.. think that will be my one and only trip to the US)

On 03/10/2017 at 14:58, ChiFlyer said:

Steak and Company has been on my "give it a try" list for quite some time. I looked for an old thread to add onto, but did not see one in the last 18 months.

Made it in the other night for the first time. Not bad IMO. Ruth Chris is not scared, but for Pattaya I thought it was pretty good. I had the Steak au Poivre (small version), onion rings, and a glass of red. If I remember correctly it came to about 1200 baht. I like it better than Beefeaters. That's just me.

It's on soi Lengkee next door to Smokin' Joes.

http://www.steakcopattaya.com/

Steak and Company Au Poivre.JPG

Thanks for the review / feedback, the 200g Black Angus grain fed steak is 895 Baht plus the wine, I'm glad you enjoyed our beef more then Beefeater.

Personally I like to know what kinda of beef I'm eating: 

1) Grass fed vs Grain fed (how many days grain fed) 

2) The bred of cattle (Angus, Black Angus, Waygu, UDSA Prime / Choice, Hereford etc etc

3) Was it Chilled or Frozen 

4) Marble Score

So many restaurants sell 'Australian, Argentinian or N.Z Beef'  without taking anything else in to consideration, the price of Imported Beef goes from 600 Baht a kilo to 2,500 Baht a kilo based on the factors above and the cut of beef.

It's easy to sell 'Fillet Beef' because it sits under the spine and is the laziest muscle so it will always be tender, add pepper sauce and there's the flavour .... 

For me personally I like a little sauce on the side but the beef 'must have its own good flavor' without sauce and not stringy (often means frozen with fillet) .... I enjoy secondary cuts these days more then  prime cuts, such as hanger steaks, eye of rump and flank steak. 

On 03/10/2017 at 15:19, davidge said:

Maybe I should give this place another chance. My review was from January 2017 I think? Starters and sides as good as anywhere in Pattaya. Unfortunately, the steak was very disappointing and the House red dreadful - hopefully they’ve changed the wine!

I'll take a look at our house wine, we use Mar y sol which is a Chilean Red Merlot... it was the best could fine at the time Vs paste wines such as Mont Clair etc  

3 minutes ago, steak&co said:

Thanks for the review / feedback, the 200g Black Angus grain fed steak is 895 Baht plus the wine, I'm glad you enjoyed our beef more then Beefeater.

Personally I like to know what kinda of beef I'm eating: 

1) Grass fed vs Grain fed (how many days grain fed) 

2) The bred of cattle (Angus, Black Angus, Waygu, UDSA Prime / Choice, Hereford etc etc

3) Was it Chilled or Frozen 

4) Marble Score

So many restaurants sell 'Australian, Argentinian or N.Z Beef'  without taking anything else in to consideration, the price of Imported Beef goes from 600 Baht a kilo to 2,500 Baht a kilo based on the factors above and the cut of beef.

It's easy to sell 'Fillet Beef' because it sits under the spine and is the laziest muscle so it will always be tender, add pepper sauce and there's the flavour .... 

For me personally I like a little sauce on the side but the beef 'must have its own good flavor' without sauce and not stringy (often means frozen with fillet) .... I enjoy secondary cuts these days more then  prime cuts, such as hanger steaks, eye of rump and flank steak

Fair points but realistically how many people (in Pattaya) would share your concerns? I am not saying they don't exist but i would hazard a guess 99% are only concerned with the following regarding steak

Does it taste good?

Is it cooked as i asked it to be?

I am sure there are foodies who WOULD ask the same questions but the mass market probably would not. I am just an average Joe, i dont eat steak much TBH, but when i do i just want it to taste good and not be tough etc.

25 minutes ago, Thaifix said:

Fair points but realistically how many people (in Pattaya) would share your concerns? I am not saying they don't exist but i would hazard a guess 99% are only concerned with the following regarding steak

Does it taste good?

Is it cooked as i asked it to be?

I am sure there are foodies who WOULD ask the same questions but the mass market probably would not. I am just an average Joe, i dont eat steak much TBH, but when i do i just want it to taste good and not be tough etc.

Your 100% right, I'd say even more then 90% of customers simply want a tender steak (Fillet) and the taste can come from the sauce and not the steak. I sometimes question myself why I pay far more for beef then my competitors when I read Trip Adviser reviews and forums, but I'd still like to give 'steak lovers' a choice.

There is no where else in Pattaya with a wider choice of Steak cut (Sirloin, Rib Eye, Fillet, Porterhouse (and T-Bone), Rump, Flank, Skirt, Dry-Aged Sirloin and soon will bring back Prime Rib) and we only sell Black Angus Grain fed or Australian Wagyu Beef largely from Jack Creek the winner of World Best Steak Award. I have understand we will never be ask 'popular' as some of our competitors by following our business model but I'd like to think we offer an alternative, this low season when have offered several "Wagyu Beef Specials' and have seen a big increase in Asian clientele, our menu will shortly be available in Chinese, we have Japense Craft Beers available and shall shortly add Sake (chilled at first). 

WSCpic.jpg

5 minutes ago, steak&co said:

Your 100% right, I'd say even more then 90% of customers simply want a tender steak (Fillet) and the taste can come from the sauce and not the steak. I sometimes question myself why I pay far more for beef then my competitors when I read Trip Adviser reviews and forums, but I'd still like to give 'steak lovers' a choice.

There is no where else in Pattaya with a wider choice of steak cut (Sirloin, Rib Eye, Fillet, Porterhouse (and T-Bone), Rump, Flank, Skirt, Dry-Aged Sirloin and soon will bring back Prime Rib) and we only sell Black Angus Grain fed or Australian Wagyu Beef largely from Jack Creek the winner of World Best steak Award. I have understand we will never be ask 'popular' as some of our competitors by following our business model but I'd like to think we offer an alternative, this low season when have offered several "Wagyu Beef Specials' and have seen a big increase in Asian clientele, our menu will shortly be available in Chinese, we have Japense Craft Beers available and shall shortly add Sake (chilled at first). 

WSCpic.jpg

I understand you when put this way - my comment was really about your statement "personally i like to know what kinda beef i am eating". i doubt many are that concerned although i DO see your point as the owner of a steak restaurant.

I have been to your place just once, and it was great!

• 1 month later...

Just popped into Steak and Co then popped out again even quicker.

I went for the special nice Wagyu at 495 baht very nice steak and very good value for money.

I checked the board outside which normally shows the specials price and the normal price.

Re checked the internet and checked the full price in their menu.

Seems that the specials arn't that special anymore with a price increase of 200 baht the full price had gone up by 100 baht so was still a 200 baht discount.

Even at full price it is still a lovely meal and I wouldn't have a problem with paying it. However the way that they had done it more or less lets keep it the same just wack the prices up and no announcement on the boards or their FB pages, seems sneaky to me. Subjective opinion I am sure  and maybe I missed the new price increase announcements but I will be eating at a different steakhouse from now on.

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

20 minutes ago, GlennUK said:

Just popped into steak and Co then popped out again even quicker.

I went for the special nice Wagyu at 495 baht very nice steak and very good value for money.

I checked the board outside which normally shows the specials price and the normal price.

Seems that the specials arn't that special anymore with a price increase of 200 baht the full price had gone up by 100 baht so was still a 200 baht discount.

Even at full price it is still a lovely meal and I wouldn't have a problem with paying it. However the way that they had done it more or less lets keep it the same just wack the prices up and no announcement on the boards or their FB pages, seems sneaky to me. Subjective opinion I am sure  and maybe I missed the new price increase announcements but I will be eating at a different steakhouse from now on.

I guess thats the problem with knowing the historical price of something. Better not to know, sometimes.

49 minutes ago, GlennUK said:

Just popped into steak and Co then popped out again even quicker.

Daily Specials have gone up due to a combination of things, firstly we are already in high season and we decided to leave the 'All Day Specials' rather then reverting back to the original 'Early Bird Specials' of 12 noon til 17.00 or 18.00pm, secondly I noted neither Beefeater or Patricks have any particular 'Daily Specials' of note, thirdly cost's continue to rise both raw ingredients and standing costs such as rent & electric. Perhaps we could have done a better job of advertising our price changes on Facebook etc (our Website has no prices) but there is a 2 Metre sign outside and every table has a list of Daily Specials. I'm not sure your find a Australian Jack's Creek Wagyu Eye of Rump steak anywhere cheaper then 695 Baht ....We have also put up the prices of Specials at Smokin' Joe's BBQ in line to match the price increases at Lone Star Texas Grill, they too have seen cost increased and have responded accordingly, we do however now give 2 side dishes at Smokin' Joe's BBQ inline with Lone Star's offering, steak wise Lone Star use 'local Beef'. Sorry if you felt we have mislead you in anyway, it was not our intention, we are very busy arranging Thankgiving tomorrow and our new Breakfast menu coming to Smokin we may have missed something. 

External Sign Smokin' Joe's BBQ 100x200cm - nOVEMBER 2017.jpg

External Sign Steak & Co 100x200cm.jpg

IMG_7362.JPG

IMG_7363.JPG

I went once and didn't really rate it. 

I prefer Patrick's. The food, the drinks, the atmosphere is better 

I ate at Steak & Go on Sunday. I got the lobster bisque (which had more lobster than any I have ever had and was delicious).

I also had the Norwegian smoked Salmon, which was ok, but I didn't find it delicious. I had the Sunday special Waygu sirloin steak at the recommendation of the server, and it was delicious (medium rare with nicely seared). I didn't like the au graton potatoes that much, but that is just my preference. Overall, a great meal with good customer service from the servers. I will be back!

• 2 weeks later...

Its become a bit of a regular for me not all the time maybe a couple of times a trip , always been good and enjoyed the food .

4 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

Steak and eggs on the menu?

No steak and eggs yet, the breakfast menu is served at Smokin' Joe's BBQ not at Steak & Co. To avoid competing against ourselves we have never has steaks on the menu at the BBQ place BUT it could be something we introduce along with corned beef hash, I'll probably take off french toast, some kinda fried potatoes probably needs adding.

Breakfast - Dec 2017.jpg

50 minutes ago, steak&co said:

No steak and eggs yet, the breakfast menu is served at Smokin' Joe's BBQ not at steak & Co. To avoid competing against ourselves we have never has steaks on the menu at the BBQ place BUT it could be something we introduce along with corned beef hash, I'll probably take off french toast, some kinda fried potatoes probably needs adding.

Nice, I'll check it out next time I'm in town.

For myself personally even a ground sirloin steak would do for breakfast. 

Archived