IGNORED

LPGA Thai Open 2018

Ah dinnae ken

For those interested

BANGKOK (September 28, 2017) – Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd., in partnership with IMG, is hosting the 12th annual Ladies Professional Golf Tournament, “Honda LPGA THAILAND 2018,” from 22 to 25 February 2018 at the Siam Country Club Pattaya, Old Course under the aspirational theme, “Dare to Dream.” Sixty of the top female players from the LPGA Tour including “Mo” Moriya Jutanugarn and “May” Ariya Jutanugarn are scheduled to join the tournament.

Mr. Pitak Pruittisarikorn, Chief Operating Officer of Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd. said, “The LPGA tournament in Thailand has become an exciting and important annual event that ignites passion for golf and encourage young golfers to pursue their dreams on green. As a company that strongly advocates the power of dreams, we would like to emphasize yet again the significance of self-confidence and motivation. We wanted to see an international golf tournament happen here in Thailand. Now we do. The women who are joining this tournament are perfect examples of individuals who never stop chasing their dreams and become successful. Spectators will witness a series of spectacular shots as well as the emergence of new faces with amazing playing skills during the upcoming competition.

“The Honda LPGA THAILAND 2018 prize purse is US$ 1.6 million, which is approximately 57 million baht. Our strong partnerships with IMG and LPGA will enable us to continue building the tournament as we continue use our tournament as a world-class platform to provide as many playing opportunities to the Thai players.  We have seen great results from twelve years ago where we have only one Thai player playing on the LPGA tour and now we have fourteen players playing on the best tour in the world.  In the beginning, we had to invite leading golfers to play on this tournament. Now, Honda LPGA Thailand becomes the ‘must go’ event for golfer. In 2016, nine out of 10 world’s best players joined us in this competition and 50% of the viewers were foreigners visiting Thailand just for this event. This is a great achievement and we want to continue to play our part in the development of golf, especially in bringing young golfers to play in international tournament. This is why Honda LPAGA Thailand always have places for young golfers to join.”

Next year marks the 12th anniversary of the LPGA THAILAND tournament, which started in 2006. Since then, the event has welcomed a number of high profile and rising female golfers from across the globe, and become one of the most highly regarded institutions of its kind. As part of the celebration, the “Dare to Dream” theme is meant to inspire pro golfers, golf enthusiasts, as well as juniors and promising amateurs from around the world who are working hard to achieve their goals.

In addition to promoting golfer development, the Honda LPGA Thailand has played an important role in putting Thailand on the world map as the golf destination and the country to visit. Friendly people, warm hospitality and comprehensive facilities make Thailand the dream destination for both golfers and tourists. Honda LPGA Thailand therefore significantly contributes to the country’s economic growth and tourism industry development, which also corresponds to the government policy to promote sports tourism.

The event will be telecast live for more than 200 hours, across more than 150 territories in major cities around the world reaching to more 550 million households. The tournament is aligning with MCOT, who will take over as the Official Host Broadcaster to televise the event and make it accessible to all Thais who want to catch the tournament on screen.  

Mr. Setthavut Janwowwam, Chief Content Officer, MCOT Public Company Limited said, “MCOT is glad to be the official host broadcaster, the only free TV company to own this right. During the tournament, viewers can watch this exciting sports event on 9 MCOT HD on Channel No. 30. This cooperation with Honda Automobile (Thailand) and IMG bring our commitment to delivering good sport content to live, which supports our new strategy to promote sports more. We believe that our comprehensive media channels, including television, radio and online, will provide viewers with greater convenience and equal access to Honda LPGA Thailand 2018. We hope to inspire the viewers by “Dare to Dream” concept of the sports event.”

Mr. Grant Slack, Senior Vice President, IMG Events said: Thanks to the long-term support of Honda, the Honda LPGA THAILAND has become the flagship LPGA tournament in Asia. Over the past 12 years, we have grown the tournament to attract top players to Thailand, while also nurturing the next generation of Thai golfers. With strong partners such as Honda and Siam Country Club, we were able to embark on multi-year improvements to the tournament, both on the golf course and off. The renowned Thai hospitality also makes this event a top golf event that golfers cannot afford to miss. Further, with MCOT’s support in TV broadcast nationwide in 2018, the Dare to Dream theme will be able to reach millions of households across Thailand, inspiring Thais to dream big and to chase their aspirations.”

With the tournament returning and firmly anchored at one of the best golf courses in Thailand, Siam Country Club Pattaya, Old Course remains as one of the favourite golf courses with the LPGA players.  

Fans and spectators can expect more on-course and off-course activities, with improved offerings such as plenty of catering options and interactive activities, which will create a better experience for the fans and families. 

Set to become one of the biggest events of the season, many expect that the Honda LPGA THAILAND 2018 event will help solidify Thailand’s position as one of the world’s most attractive golf destinations and position Honda LPGA THAILAND as a must-visit, world-class LPGA event.

Ariya “May” Jutanugarn and Moriya “Mo” Jutanugarn are the tournament’s local heroes whose fans will no doubt be watching closely and supporting. Ariya, who is currently ranked number five in the world, has participated in the Honda LPGA Thailand on nine occasions since 2007 when she was only an 11-year-old amateur player.

Ariya and her older sibling Moriya share the same dream and said in a joint statement, “It’s great to be back again at the Honda LPGA THAILAND. This place is home to us and the tournament has empowered so many female golfers in so many ways. We grew up with this event and have learned a lot about ourselves and our game of golf from the opportunities we were given at Honda LPGA THAILAND. We’re looking forward to playing against the best in the world again and receiving good support from Thai fans as always.”

Partners and sponsors are integral to the success of the tournament and include Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co., Ltd., Siam Country Club Pattaya, MCOT, Betagro, Siam Daikin Sales, Siam GS Sales, Aero Media Group, Pepsi-Cola (Thai) Trading, Diageo Moet Hennessy (Thailand), Boon Rawd Brewery, Under Armour (Thailand) and Thailand Ladies Golf Association

www.sugarcanemafia.com

• 3 months later...
On January 15, 2018 at 08:44, scubascuba3 said:

I think last year it was 600 baht at the gate, but not 100% on that

Close mate either 400 or 600 methinks 400 but as with you not 100 %  i know whatever the cost is reasonable amount for the quality of the field. If over 55 years old entry used to be free just show passport or driver license presume it will be the same this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Note = for over 60s, this event is free. You need to take ID obviously.I use my Thai driving license, but home country passport will do.

On February 13, 2018 at 16:01, CarolinaJames said:

Is the practice round on Wednesday free?

Tuesday is usually their practise round, not really much to see as they have different pin placements on the greens so they spend a lot of time with that.  Wednesday is pro am where they play 9 holes then swap the amateurs to another pro, can also get in the gate to watch that, very relaxed atmosphere was rained out last year so some of them didn't get a look at all the course.

Hope the weather clears for Thursday & not a repeat of last year. Horn blew on the practise round today & they where off the course at 12:30 hrs hopefully back soon.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Forecast looks poor Fri Sat Sun, lets hope its wrong, it often is

Yeah agreed last year was not good with a lot of them playing 30 holes in one day.

They got back on the course after about a 40 minute break today.

I was looking for it around 2:00pm on TV. Found the men's competition but not the ladies. I thought I was watching the golf channel???

I'd like to watch the finish tomorrow, can anyone give an idiot's guide as to where it is. I have one of footymadstreams TV box plus Thai TV channels. 

I was looking for it around 2:00pm on TV. Found the men's competition but not the ladies. I thought I was watching the golf channel???
I'd like to watch the finish tomorrow, can anyone give an idiot's guide as to where it is. I have one of footymadstreams TV box plus Thai TV channels. 
I found it on golf channel but not the one on the Thai TV (511 digital), instead i used Kodi to get the US Golf channel version. Strange i know but thats Thailand for you

1 hour ago, penboy said:

I watched it on the Golf Channel on the  Mobdro app on my box.

• 1 month later...

For those who haven't been, the LPGA Honda Classic is brilliant. I go most years, and this year I went with a mate from the UK and a fellow BM. A great 4 days. We mostly walked around with the young stunner Muni He. She had a bit of a nightmare, but behaved impeccably...also very generous of her time chatting with fans.

Related image

If you have a Thai drivers licence and are 60 or older you get in for nothing.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I went all four days, enjoyed it for 800 baht, watched Muni He for a little while, definitely is the hottest (which isn't difficult really) shame she played poorly

Anyone any idea when and where the 2019 Tournament is??
Probably the same venue, Siam Country Club Pattaya, in February 2019

On 22/04/2018 at 23:32, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

For those who haven't been, the LPGA Honda Classic is brilliant. I go most years, and this year I went with a mate from the UK and a fellow BM. A great 4 days. We mostly walked around with the young stunner Muni He. She had a bit of a nightmare, but behaved impeccably...also very generous of her time chatting with fans.

Related image

And that’s a very nice top she is wearing!

Archived