IGNORED

NFL: It's not soccer, it's not rugby, it's not Australian football, it's just amazing. Let's talk NFL

jerrygarcia

3 hours ago, JustL said:

I want the Tampa Bay Bucs to better than the really are...smh

Their field goal kicker next week most likely will have a new name on the back of his jersey.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

13 hours ago, JustL said:

I want the Tampa Bay Bucs to better than the really are...smh

Unfortunately they don't get to play against a Mike Glennon led Chicago Bears again. Well, in my Bears fan point of view that would really mean fortunately.

41 minutes ago, great mooglie said:

Unfortunately they don't get to play against a Mike Glennon led Chicago Bears again. Well, in my Bears fan point of view that would really mean fortunately.

I feel bad for poor Mitch Trubisky who I think starts for the first time this week. The Bears have set him up for failure with no skill players around him and and an offensive line that is suspect at best. 

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

1 hour ago, JustL said:

I feel bad for poor Mitch Trubisky who I think starts for the first time this week. The Bears have set him up for failure with no skill players around him and and an offensive line that is suspect at best. 

Exactly.  I feel we're going to get him injured.  I'm not too worried about his confidence getting rattled, just about him taking big hits. 

His official nickname given to him by his teammates is the "Pretty Boy Assassin".  Love it

I do like the Bears running back(Thomas Howard) and I have him on one of my fantasy teams but after that they have no one and I mean no one for the "Pretty Boy Assassin" to get the ball to make plays. The team that has intrigued me so far this year is the Rams. Is Todd Gurley better than Ezekiel Elliot but Zeke gets more pub because he is in Dallas? Can Jared Goff keep making good decisions with the football? Is the Rams defense sneaky good? 

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

Is there any place that plays NCAA football?  With the 12 hour time difference not sure if that's possible but if so would like to have a beer and watch a few games while in Patts

On 9/28/2017 at 21:26, Skalliwag said:

Could give a shit about kneeling or standing....love the NFL.

Go Packers.

I played Rugby League,Group 3 up until 19,and it's a great sport.

The Aussies that don't understand the NFL are clueless and you expect them to think that "their " code is the best.

Well,until you've stood next to these guys and seen up close how fast they are,and how they hit,you will never know.

It shows you how Jarrod Hayne came over to try and have a run and couldn't get a look in.

Its winter,the fire is on,and the NFL has started.Im in heaven.

I'm with you on the kneeling.  Blown way out of proportion.  Mostly cause Trump opened his mouth.  On the game, I get a kick out of those who've never been close to one talking smack about pads and the like.  They have no clue. LOLs.

As for Kareem Hunt, wow.  Just wow.  Speed, explosiveness, elusiveness, a true game changer.  But last weeks game my TE (Kelce) beat him in fantasy points and I beat my nephew in fantasy football.  Na na na na naaaaa na.  

4 hours ago, JustL said:

I do like the Bears running back(Thomas Howard) and I have him on one of my fantasy teams but after that they have no one and I mean no one for the "Pretty Boy Assassin" to get the ball to make plays. The team that has intrigued me so far this year is the Rams. Is Todd Gurley better than Ezekiel Elliot but Zeke gets more pub because he is in Dallas? Can Jared Goff keep making good decisions with the football? Is the Rams defense sneaky good? 

Tarik Cohen is actually a pretty darned good player too.  But their WR core sucks.

On 10/6/2017 at 18:04, fatjack1 said:

Tarik Cohen is actually a pretty darned good player too.  But their WR core sucks.

Their WRs were not great when the year started, but losing the guys who were supposed to be 2 of their top guys (Cameron Meredith and Kevin White) was a tough break. 

It's a mystery to me why they paid a lot of money for Markus Wheaton.

White looks like one of those guys who will never be able to get (let alone STAY!) on the field.

I think they made a good move going with Trubisky now.  Let him take some lumps and learn on the job.  Hopefully it pays off for them in a few years.  Peyton Manning was 3-13 his rookie year; Troy Aikman was 0-11 in games he started as a rookie.  Hopefully he doesn't become David Carr, who got sacked a bazillion times in Houston as a rookie and never recovered from it.

Q. who is this year's more fortunate qb, osweiler or glennon?

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

I can watch any sports, or at least most. Enjoy NFL but like most "non Americans" the constant breaks and adverts turn me off it unless its a big game. 

Only one i can't watch is the basketball; bores me to tears, I would rather watch darts lol.

Had quite a few chats with American buddies and the train of thought that is most often repeated is that they find football (as in soccer) boring because too little scoring. Europeans, South Americans etc tend to see it the other way round; too frequent scoring makes it less of an event. My stock answer re the "soccer" thing in these discussions is that 70% of the world can't be wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Their WRs were not great when the year started, but losing the guys who were supposed to be 2 of their top guys (Cameron Meredith and Kevin White) was a tough break. 

It's a mystery to me why they paid a lot of money for Markus Wheaton.

White looks like one of those guys who will never be able to get (let alone STAY!) on the field.

I think they made a good move going with Trubisky now.  Let him take some lumps and learn on the job.  Hopefully it pays off for them in a few years.  Peyton Manning was 3-13 his rookie year; Troy Aikman was 0-11 in games he started as a rookie.  Hopefully he doesn't become David Carr, who got sacked a bazillion times in Houston as a rookie and never recovered from it.

Yeah.  Bad luck with WR injuries is a fact.  I think it's alright to ease Trubisky in so long as they don't try to make him a pocket passer and take a beating.  Keep him on the move and short quick release passes for now.  Cohen will help a lot and as a fantasy player I think he benefits the most from Trubisky starting.  Any time they can isolate Cohen with a linebacker it's a mismatch.  

16 hours ago, The Sculptor said:

Q. who is this year's more fortunate qb, osweiler or glennon?

Osweiler by a mile. Anytime anyone let alone a NFL team(Browns) pays you 16 million to go away and you still get picked back up by your original(Broncos) team your fortunate.....555

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

Good game today Cowboys and Packers.  Dallas learned you don't wanna leave Aaron Rodgers with 1:13 on the clock.  Marched right down the field and perfect pass for the TD.  That guy's so good.

2 hours ago, Red Arrow said:

Good game today Cowboys and Packers.  Dallas learned you don't wanna leave Aaron Rodgers with 1:13 on the clock.  Marched right down the field and perfect pass for the TD.  That guy's so good.

Indeed he is... Love watching a guy like him, plays with emotion but he's methodical enough to steady the ship. Consummate professional, for sure.

KC keeps rolling on, lucky against Washington, but this week was much better against a good team. next 3 weeks will be tough as well.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Weather has been so nice up here,I can't sit inside and watch any games ATM.

Bad day for Miami Dolphins offensive line coach.  Besides the fact that they have to block for Jay Cutler, he sent a video of himself doing lines of coke to stripper and she posted it.  At the end he says, "I wish was I was licking this off your pussy"  Guys an idiot for sending it obviously but sucks that his career is ruined cuz he's like party. 

Just an update of the Dolphins coach story.  He is one of the highest paid assistant coaches in the NFL.  He has a salary of between $2.5 to $3 million.  Because of the video he has resigned.  Wow, one idiotic decision to post a video and guy may never work again.  Damn strippers :o

Edited by Jman .

15 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Jerry it's a great sport ruined by all the commercials

The commercials give you time to get popcorn,pizza,beer and to talk about the game,make wings or ribs.

Its a sport that is best watched in a man Cave,with table tennis,pool and darts going.Its an event.Its an afternoon with buddies,kids can run around outside.

Its to the Yanks,what cricket is to the Aussies.Its a lifestyle.

The commercials give you a break from the action to talk about stuff.Mens stuff.

And,here ain't no fucking diving,rolling around on the ground.

I would gladly trade some commercial airtime for that rubbish.

And I love Football,huge Newcastle supporter here,but would prefer to watch NFL any day.

Edited by Skalliwag

I understand the issues people have with the long delays between plays and the commercials. 

I have been hooked on "NFL RedZone channel" the past few years - no commercials, constantly switches from game to game when teams get in the red zone (inside 20 yard line).  You still get some delays between plays, but it is much faster.

That said, it's almost mentally exhausting to someone (like me) who grew up with the delays between plays and commercials between possessions.

Random NFL thoughts from this week's games:

KC looks to be for real.  I'm curious as to Kelce's status (concussion protocol?), but they are so explosive that it is absurd.  Add the lack of turnovers (NONE since Hunt fumbled on his very first carry), and you have a great formula to win a lot of games.

Aaron Rodgers is a freak.  One thing that confused me during the game was when Aikman said Green Bay "isn't really built to come from behind."  Huh?!?  I think that's EXACTLY what they're "built for" -- a great QB in a passing offense that spreads the ball around and can move it quickly.  In my opinion, they're not really "built" to grind out the clock when they have a big lead.

Anybody listen to Romo work a game yet?  I liked him as a player (thought he got overly criticized), so maybe I am biased, but I LOVE him as a broadcaster.  He's calling plays before they happen based on defensive and offensive sets.

Lots of injuries yesterday -- 2 of the game's biggest stars (Beckham Jr and JJ Watt) gone for the year.