IGNORED

NFL: It's not soccer, it's not rugby, it's not Australian football, it's just amazing. Let's talk NFL

jerrygarcia

12 minutes ago, Evilfriar said:

Here's somewhere you'll recognise, Ma and Pa at the corner of the club house

59cd8465a57f2_MaandPa.thumb.jpg.ef62409e802f554013111a8b009ce68b.jpg

Will send this through to Mum.

If she played ladies day...chances are they know each other.

Just now, Luv2Phuket said:

To the OP, Hunt is amazing.  He and Aaron Rodgers are keeping my fantasy team alive, despite the fact that I was one of the MANY unlucky individuals who drafted David Johnson.

I just hope he can keep this amazing pace up!

I had to make a decision between Hunt and RB Jordan Howard from Da Bears. I am envious of those who picked hunt. He is having an amazing rookie year! 

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

How you like that throw to Jordie to win it.

Only two guys in the world can thread that thing in there.

Go Packers.

Hmmmm,so just over the bridge,near the old race course I'm guessing?

Old George Windross owned the place on the right just before the bridge,before he died.

Fuck,I know exactly where your chunk was.Just can't picture it.Lolol.

Get the old boy over there,he would love it.

Who knew an American football thread would bring a few Aussies together.

Good for something I suppose.:Bravo1:

mid 80's was when I was there.

I went to school with the Mobbs boy from the Chainsaw place.Good mate of mine.

I hope the Packers get their asses kicked over the next 3 or so hours. 

That said I did not realize I booked my next trip to LOS during the Super Bowl. I hope the Packers are not in it. 

Signed

A Bears fan

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, great mooglie said:

That said I did not realize I booked my next trip to LOS during the Super Bowl. I hope the Packers are not in it. 

Signed

A Bears fan

Oomph.A Bears fan.Sorry.

gotta take my boy to Karate but should catch the last 1/4.

Edited by Skalliwag
  • Like 1

When I was a kid I met Ray Nitschke at a local grocery store.  He was a class guy and very generous with giving his time and autographs, especially to kids as he had it rough when he was a kid. Go Packers.

Retired

3 hours ago, great mooglie said:

Signed

A Bears fan

Not looking good for your Bears tonight mate......I was in Patts for the last season's SB watched it on my Tablet (international gamepass)in my room with a TG giving me a massage

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skalliwag said:

Oomph.A Bears fan.Sorry.

gotta take my boy to Karate but should catch the last 1/4.

Well, I did not get what I hoped for.  I did get the shit show from a Bears perspective I have come to expect.

To be honest when people say they dont `like` a particular sport its because they don know the rules properly,if a person had an understanding of the rules then they might appreciate it a little bit more!Americans might not like cricket cos its too slow,but cricket is a game of attrition,not only are you battling an opponent you`re battling the weather too,and that can have a bearing on the outcome!Us Brits might think theres too many stoppages in NFL and its not flowing enough,to Americans though they cant see the problem and love the sport,certain sports are engrained in a countries culture and will stay so,although some sports are making inroads in other countries!

5 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

cricket is a game of attrition,not only are you battling an opponent you`re battling the weather too,and that can have a bearing on the outcome!

There may be more people nowadays who think cricket is a 20+20 over game, over in a few hours, than think of it as a 4 or 5 day game in which attrition and the weather come into play.

3 minutes ago, DrBig said:

There may be more people nowadays who think cricket is a 20+20 over game, over in a few hours, than think of it as a 4 or 5 day game in which attrition and the weather come into play.

Yes you`re right it is popular,but to cricket lovers its just a slogathon for those with little attention span,It might be more exiting to watch though!

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

Yes you`re right it is popular,but to cricket lovers its just a slogathon for those with little attention span,It might be more exiting to watch though!

I myself agree with you, and I prefer the longer forms of cricket.  But there'll be many people who'd think of themselves as "cricket lovers" who prefer T20.

When are NFL games broadcast in Pattaya?  It appears that there would be much more Premier League airing in bars.  Who would have NFL games.

I know there is no chance for NHL Hockey.

D

Retox has the games, both NFL and NCAA.  Just ask the manager and he'll tune one of the sets other for you.  Retox is on Soi Lengkee and is open 24 hours so you can catch all your games live.  Maybe even your hockey.

Edited by forqalso

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

13 hours ago, great mooglie said:

Well, I did not get what I hoped for.  I did get the shit show from a Bears perspective I have come to expect.

After watching the highlites today,as I didn't see the first half,I think you guys did everything possible to throw that game away.

Im not a Bears hater,I don't mind them,but you have some real problems over there ATM.

Gotta get your mojo back.

pirate bay cafe jomtien has all the NFL, and NHL games on, all of them, he is into it big time.  when having a spare tv and no US games, soccer and the like will be shown

11 hours ago, Livengood said:

Is that your last trip? I'll meet you at the bar.

Pattaya yes.

Thailand no.

On 9/28/2017 at 16:24, Evilfriar said:

Here's somewhere you'll recognise, Ma and Pa at the corner of the club house

59cd8465a57f2_MaandPa.thumb.jpg.ef62409e802f554013111a8b009ce68b.jpg

Olly and me Mum played a ton of golf together.lolol.

thats funny as shit.Too good.

20 hours ago, just hanging said:

pirate bay cafe Jomtien has all the NFL, and NHL games on, all of them, he is into it big time.  when having a spare tv and no US games, soccer and the like will be shown

Number one daughter is a huge, and I mean huge, fan of NHL... she has been to The Staples Centre ( I think ) to watch a few games. That puck moves too quickly for these old eyes, but it is good to watch, I gotta say..

On 9/29/2017 at 17:16, forqalso said:

Retox has the games, both NFL and NCAA.  Just ask the manager and he'll tune one of the sets other for you.  Retox is on Soi Lengkee and is open 24 hours so you can catch all your games live.  Maybe even your hockey.

Retox is close to where I am staying.  What time is kickoff in Pattaya?  Is it reasonable?

D

Retox is close to where I am staying.  What time is kickoff in Pattaya?  Is it reasonable?
D

I don’t know. I’m back in the States. Espn shows kickoff times for the local time zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

On 9/29/2017 at 21:18, Skalliwag said:

After watching the highlites today,as I didn't see the first half,I think you guys did everything possible to throw that game away.

Im not a Bears hater,I don't mind them,but you have some real problems over there ATM.

Gotta get your mojo back.

I do hate the Packers, but it's good natured hate:D.  At least the Bears benched the giraffe who was holding the spot at QB until the rookie was supposedly ready.  They'll still suck, but at least hopefully there will be something to watch now.

Jerrygarcia,  thanks for the thread. I use to run a fantasy league from about '84 thru '93. I also had season tickets from '82 thru '09 for the UofW Huskies. I saw undefeated national championship season and winless seasons. Yes, I am a football fan. One of my good friends in Thailand grew up in Wisconsin; needless to say, we have some spirited discussions when the Packers play the Seahawks. 

I don't short other sports. If someone is a professional athlete, irregardless of the sport, I admire their skills. 

• Like 2

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

On 10/3/2017 at 08:38, great mooglie said:

I do hate the Packers, but it's good natured hate:D.  At least the Bears benched the giraffe who was holding the spot at QB until the rookie was supposedly ready.  They'll still suck, but at least hopefully there will be something to watch now.

And as much as the Bears suck right now at least we don't have to watch Cutler anymore.  The Dolphins get to do that after they paid him $10 million to come out of retirement so they could know what the bears fans have known for years- he sucks. 

1 hour ago, Red Arrow said:

And as much as the Bears suck right now at least we don't have to watch Cutler anymore.  The Dolphins get to do that after they paid him $10 million to come out of retirement so they could know what the bears fans have known for years- he sucks. 

I'm sure Dolphin fans are excited with how intense Cutler is when split out in the wildcat.

• Haha 1