IGNORED

NFL: It's not soccer, it's not rugby, it's not Australian football, it's just amazing. Let's talk NFL

jerrygarcia

This thread is not intended to be an argument on which sport is better and all that.  I respect all athletes.  Do I enjoy watching soccer? A little bit.  Is cricket interesting for me? Yes, because it's so different.  Do I respect those sports?  Absolutely.  

Anyone clicking on this thread who isn't American I would like to introduce to you the greatest rookie talent I've seen since I started seriously watching this game, since 2000.  His name is Kareem Hunt.  5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) tall, 216 lb (98 kg).  Watch him shatter every record in his NFL debut.  3 TDs, 240+ yards.  We're on week 3 at the time of this posting and he is continuing his domination. 

Edited by jerrygarcia
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skalliwag

• Luv2Phuket

• Evilfriar

• The Sculptor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something a many could do by half time in any rugby code.

Could give a shit about kneeling or standing....love the NFL. Go Packers. I played Rugby League,Group 3 up until 19,and it's a great sport. The Aussies that don't understand the NFL are

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, WalterA said:

Yawn. I want to talk about something else ...pussy , bars, GoGos....

I wanna talk about the best soil  and nutrients to use for my tomato plants.  This is an NFL thread.  What is your point?

Edited by jerrygarcia

What game do their husbands play?

• Haha 1

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/319254-meet-jenny-everyone-must-read-it-all-please/

How great would it be to be watching American NFL Football at Hooters while eatting take out from McDonalds and having a nice refreshing Starbucks coffee drink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dohhh 1
1 minute ago, kash buc said:

How great would it be to be watching American NFL Football at Hooters while eatting take out from McDonalds and having a nice refreshing Starbucks coffee drink

No Buffalo Wild Wings?  Step up your game man.  Clearly you've never been to the US

• Like 2

I don't mind watching a highlights program but i went to a game in London once and that's 3 hours of my life i won't get back, way to many stoppages.  But then i grew up watching and playing football where its pretty much non stop.  I guess if I'd grown up watching NFL i'd appreciate the nuances of the game more.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, trevorjc said:

I don't mind watching a highlights program but i went to a game in London once and that's 3 hours of my life i won't get back, way to many stoppages.  But then i grew up watching and playing football where its pretty much non stop.  I guess if I'd grown up watching NFL i'd appreciate the nuances of the game more.

I feel the same about the other world sports.  If I grew up watching them they would be all I care about.  Cricket is way too slow for me and the players look like Joe down the street.  Not physical specimens at all.  Soccer is fake injury dives and low scoring games.  Rugby is my choice of the bunch. 

8 minutes ago, kash buc said:

What a nightmare ...you forgot Foxtell!

I'm an Aussie, and a rugby league fan... the other rugby I can take or leave.. But American Football?  Please...........spare me.  I kind of understand the RULES, but it just goes on and on and on and on... For my liking it is far too "stop start".

There are some massive men playing the game, and some of them are really fast... some of the collisions are pretty decent, but lose a lot with all the protective gear they wear. So for me, there are some good points.... if they could speed the game up, it would be great.  The way it is played, I couldn't imagine fatigue would be much of an issue, as it is with all other forms of football.

Edited by dave01
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, dave01 said:

I'm an Aussie, and a rugby league fan... the other rugby I can take or leave.. But American Football?  Please...........spare me.  I kind of understand the rules, but it just goes on and on and on and on... For my liking it is far too "stop start".

There are some massive men playing the game, and some of them are really fast... some of the collisions are pretty decent, but lose a lot with all the protective gear they wear. So for me, there are some good points.... if they could speed the game up, it would be great.  The way it is played, I couldn't imagine fatigue would be much of an issue, as it is with all other forms of football.

Appreciate your honest opinion of the game.  I agree, the game should be sped up a little.  But it is what it is.  It's chess with humans.  Coaches and gameplans are just as important as the best players on the field.  I can completely see how the game is start/stop boring for people that don't understand it.  The players aren't built for anything more than 10 second bursts of power at a time. 

People who don't understand the game will never accept or understand that players are built solely for this style of sport.

I don't enjoy cricket, but I understand why player's are built  like my high school math teacher.  It's just how the players adapt to the sport. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jerrygarcia said:

3 TDs, 240+ yards.  We're on week 3.

something a many could do by half time in any rugby code.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I appreciate the gameplay, but as with others, the stop-start nature of the game causes me to clock off, it's just too long. I much prefer to watch a highlight reel on SC.

I grew up playing rugby and rugby league, played basketball from my teens into my 20s, dabbled in soccer, played a bit of field hockey. Mother and sister's were gun netballers so played a bit of that too.

I appreciate all sports and their athletes, but whether they can hold my attention for an extended period or not is another matter.

51 minutes ago, dave01 said:

I'm an Aussie, and a rugby league fan... the other rugby I can take or leave.. But American Football?  Please...........spare me.  I kind of understand the rules, but it just goes on and on and on and on... For my liking it is far too "stop start".

I am a Rugby Union fan having played at a reasonably high level and used to like watching American Football. However I have not see too much for the past two season because of not have a channel or knowing when it would be on.

I watched most of a pre-season game and thought  "what a bore". Each play seemed to last about 5 seconds and then stop and line up again.

• Like 1

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

10 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

I am a Rugby Union fan having played at a reasonably high level and used to like watching American Football. However I have not see too much for the past two season because of not have a channel or knowing when it would be on.

I watched most of a pre-season game and thought  "what a bore". Each play seemed to last about 5 seconds and then stop and line up again.

If you used to like watching American football why is a bore all of a sudden?  The RULES and style of gameplay haven't changed in 60+ years.

I was hoping this thread would be about discussing this new season of NFL but like clockwork, everyone has to come in and talk about how boring american football is. 

List of pro sports leagues by revenue

1. NFL

2. MLB

3. NBA

4. English Premiere

5. NHL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

Edited by jerrygarcia

I know other countries play it and have minor leagues,but only one country seems to play it on a large scale,why is this?Football is played in virtually every country in the world,with rugby,cricket(the first ever international cricket match was between USA and Canada) played on every continent,to me that says a lot,they truly are `world` games,not dissing NFL,if i was American i`d probably be a fan too!

4 minutes ago, jerrygarcia said:

If you used to like watching American football why is a bore all of a sudden?  The rules and style of gameplay haven't changed in 60+ years.

I was hoping this thread would be about discussing this new season of NFL but like clockwork, everyone has to come in and talk about how boring american football is. 

To perfectly honest jerry i thought it would take this turn,i reckon you suspected it too!

1 hour ago, dave01 said:

The receivers in American football run much farther during a game than in any other sport. Just because isn’t thrown to them on a play doesn’t mean they don’t have to run their routes.

Could give a shit about kneeling or standing....love the NFL.

Go Packers.

I played Rugby League,Group 3 up until 19,and it's a great sport.

The Aussies that don't understand the NFL are clueless and you expect them to think that "their " code is the best.

Well,until you've stood next to these guys and seen up close how fast they are,and how they hit,you will never know.

It shows you how Jarrod Hayne came over to try and have a run and couldn't get a look in.

Its winter,the fire is on,and the NFL has started.Im in heaven.

If ifs and buts were crackers and nuts,it would be Christmas all year long.

gentleman.jack.darby
1 hour ago, jerrygarcia said:

If you used to like watching American football why is a bore all of a sudden?  The rules and style of gameplay haven't changed in 60+ years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

I've watched American football for 40+ years and there have been so many rule changes that have had major impact on the game that, in my opinion, the current game is not really comparable to the game I grew up with.

Just to name a few:

5-yard contact rule for defenders;

Instant replay;

The change in kickoffs that have led to a dramatic increase in touchbacks and, by extension, a decrease in action;

The change in the location of goalposts;

Changes in overtime play;

And, although I could go on and on, in my view the biggest and worst changes of all: all of the RULES changes designed to "protect" the quarterback and so-called "defenseless" receivers and shift the emphasis of the game to offense and scoring and minimize emphasis on defense.

To my taste, much less fun than in the days of the "Purple People Eaters" "No Name Defense", and the "Steel Curtain"

• Like 3

Verily the works and words of those gone before us have become instances and examples to men of our modern day, that folk may view what admonishing chances befel other folk and may therefrom take warning!

3 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

The receivers in American football run much farther during a game than in any other sport. Just because isn’t thrown to them on a play doesn’t mean they don’t have to run their routes.

Bullshit.  An average football player runs 10-12 km in the course of a Premier League game.  There's no way you'll convince me that any NFL player runs "much further" than that during a NFL game, and even if they did there's lots of sitting down during the game to recover.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, DrBig said:

Bullshit.  An average football player runs 10-12 km in the course of a Premier League game.  There's no way you'll convince me that any NFL player runs "much further" than that during a NFL game, and even if they did there's lots of sitting down during the game to recover.

Footie players do a lot of trotting, whereas NFL wide receivers do a lot of sprinting.