Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Translation please - จร้า

Ru4Real

Hi folks, can anyone translate จร้า for me please.

Online not helping much:

Facebook:            A.
Google (Thai):    Bright or brilliant or strong
etranslator:         Thread

Thanks

Try a different website: thai2english.com

จร้า jà-ráa (particle used at the end of sentences to make them sound more friendly or polite)

• 2 weeks later...

Checked a different website and they translated as "much"

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Thanks gents, yugot, sorry, missed your reply until wolfy just replied.

Still not making much sense really, was an answer to someone asking if a picture was a friends parents (although I have heard people just saying ka or khrap to answer yes so perhaps yugot is more correct). Tried a few other online translation sites ... and gave up 555

Well, you were right, it is used to answer “yes” just like krap or ka.

It’s just more informal and sounds more friendly. It’s mostly used with friends and family and women seem to use it more often than men.

I’ve only heard จร้า pronounced as jâa though, never as ja-râa like in the link from yugot. But I guess it’s possible...

You often hear it when girls are talking on the phone with a friend, they just go: ja, ja, ja, ja = yes, yes, yes... :D

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Thanks for the reply, and basically confirming what I had thought from the start ... just wish it was easier to find definitive translations :D

3 hours ago, slick67 said:

Well, you were right, it is used to answer “yes” just like krap or ka.

It’s just more informal and sounds more friendly. It’s mostly used with friends and family and women seem to use it more often than men.

I’ve only heard จร้า pronounced as jâa though, never as ja-râa like in the link from yugot. But I guess it’s possible...

You often hear it when girls are talking on the phone with a friend, they just go: ja, ja, ja, ja = yes, yes, yes... :D

It is pronounced jâa as you say. 

JR (จร) is a consonant cluster and combines as J. The R does neither produce an R, L or N sound, but is silent. You also have the cluster in jing lor, written JRING LOR.

จร้า is one of several spelling variants. If I understand it correctly, the different spellings gives minor change in pronunciation and thereby also in expression/feeling.

Archived