Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

whitespider

If you book through Agoda please read.

whitespider

Hi Guys

This is ONLY aimed at the BMs who like to use Agoda, if you do not its all cool - no need to go off tack. Non relevant posts will be removed or it will turn into a mess.

Sadly, it has come to our attention that Agoda MAY be skimming our bookings made through PA, or possibly the links are just not working properly - so

If you DO book a hotel via Agoda, and I am not suggesting you should not, could you let me know either in this thread or ideally by PM. Your help will be HUGELY appreciated.

Many thanks for your help.

skorp

i allways use Agoda.com .    i never use anyone else.

how does that affect pattayaaddicts.com

Agoda prices fall well below booking.com or tripadvisor.com

Edited by skorp

nampla69

Use them all the time and get rewards these days.

Not sure I understand the concept of skimming but hope this helps. 

whitespider

A big thank you to those who have sent PMs it has really helped.

@skorp and @nampla69 I am sending you PMs - thanks for info

If anyone has booked using Agoda VIA a link on PA in the last 3 months please do keep the PMs coming it is proving very useful.

greyvlegz

i am about to book on Agoda for my upcoming trip in 2nd week of october!

3putter

Agoda, great service always when booking thru them.

Mr_Happy

Agoda is great, I like using the map tool to recon the area I stay usually LK Metro area.

Sylver

A bit late but I used it last November and plan to soon for my next excursion 

HappyHour1973

I book through Agoda, do you mean using some kind of affiliate link from this site rather than just going to Agoda's site directly?

gshine

They should be thankful. Really. I hope it comes to a good conclusion 

jcemariner

Interesting note about Agoda, thanks for the heads up. I've been using them since 2015 and have only ever had one complaint, when they overbooked me in a hotel in Luang Prabang. Hope the site isn't screwing over PA and it's members. 

whitespider
2 minutes ago, jcemariner said:

Interesting note about Agoda, thanks for the heads up. I've been using them since 2015 and have only ever had one complaint, when they overbooked me in a hotel in Luang Prabang. Hope the site isn't screwing over PA and it's members. 

No they are not. The thread is a request to members not a complaint about Agoda who have simply (we now know) moved in line with all the others and introduced a 1 day cookie. To explain this is what happens.

member clicks Agoda link and books - we get paid.

member clicks Agoda link then goes back on Agoda 23 hours later and books - we get paid.

member clicks Agoda link then goes back 25 hours later - we dont get paid.

So what we ask is that people click our link AGAIN just prior to booking.

i hope that clears it up and thank you for your previous support.

whitespider
On 31 October 2017 at 13:36, HappyHour1973 said:

I book through Agoda, do you mean using some kind of affiliate link from this site rather than just going to Agoda's site directly?

Yes if you click any Agoda link on the forum and book within 24 hours we get paid a commission. If you book at any later than 24 hours we dont get paid - unless you click a link again prior to actually making the booking.

We know that many guys book on Agoda and IF you are happy for us to get a commission we just ask people to do that.

the cookie used to be 30 days but they reduced to 1 days the same as all the other online bookers. 

The total commission paid remains exactly the same but after 24 hours Agoda keep the lot rather than share it with us. Sharp practise? Perhaps! But it is in line with the whole industry really.

Pattaya Undercover
On 11/5/2017 at 21:39, whitespider said:

No they are not. The thread is a request to members not a complaint about Agoda who have simply (we now know) moved in line with all the others and introduced a 1 day cookie. To explain this is what happens.

member clicks Agoda link and books - we get paid.

member clicks Agoda link then goes back on Agoda 23 hours later and books - we get paid.

member clicks Agoda link then goes back 25 hours later - we dont get paid.

So what we ask is that people click our link AGAIN just prior to booking.

i hope that clears it up and thank you for your previous support.

That info as to how Agoda operates is extremely beneficial. it helps you understand a better way of dealing with them. you know how we get if their is suspicion of  bad business. this post has saved Agoda an earful i'm sure

Captain Courageous
On 9/25/2017 at 13:27, whitespider said:

A big thank you to those who have sent PMs it has really helped.

@skorp and @nampla69 I am sending you PMs - thanks for info

If anyone has booked using Agoda VIA a link on PA in the last 3 months please do keep the PMs coming it is proving very useful.

I always book through Agoda

whitespider
1 hour ago, Captain Courageous said:

I always book through Agoda

Thanks you - hopefully by clicking one of our links each time :)

Hotlanta

Be sure to add ~17% to that Agoda quote

Edited by Hotlanta

pedrorriar

Ive booked via the links here. Listings on Agoda are generally good, reliable, accurate and priced less than expedia, priceline etc..

Tony Thai
On 06/11/2017 at 01:47, whitespider said:

Yes if you click any Agoda link on the forum and book within 24 hours we get paid a commission. If you book at any later than 24 hours we dont get paid - unless you click a link again prior to actually making the booking.

We know that many guys book on Agoda and IF you are happy for us to get a commission we just ask people to do that.

the cookie used to be 30 days but they reduced to 1 days the same as all the other online bookers. 

The total commission paid remains exactly the same but after 24 hours Agoda keep the lot rather than share it with us. Sharp practise? Perhaps! But it is in line with the whole industry really.

Im booking a trip for bangkok and Pattaya in May this year ( cant wait) and Always use Agoda as i Pay with Pay Pal and is good for me. is it cheaper to book through PA? or is it only you get a commission....which is good and fine 

whitespider
6 minutes ago, Tony Thai said:

Im booking a trip for bangkok and Pattaya in May this year ( cant wait) and Always use Agoda as i Pay with Pay Pal and is good for me. is it cheaper to book through PA? or is it only you get a commission....which is good and fine 

Its no cheaper mate we just get a small commission providing you click the link at the time of booking.

forcebwithu
2 hours ago, whitespider said:

Its no cheaper mate we just get a small commission providing you click the link at the time of booking.

It's possible the rate quote will be cheaper. Noticed this on a recent booking I made. Example:
ScreenShot003.jpg

Before clicking on PA Agoda link:
ScreenShot001.jpg

And after:
ScreenShot002.jpg

whitespider
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

It's possible the rate quote will be cheaper. Noticed this on a recent booking I made. Example:
ScreenShot003.jpg

Before clicking on PA Agoda link:
ScreenShot001.jpg

And after:
ScreenShot002.jpg

Thanks bro but that's because Agoda sells capacity and its rates fluctuate quite a lot as that capacity changes. Its sister site booking.com sells fixed rates.

I have used this example a few times, and its a bit extreme but will tell it again.

In November 2016 I booked April Suites for one night for $11

I called my mates who were also staying just the one night. They went on an hour later and the same room was $69 (I think, it was certainly a LOT higher)

It is kinda frustrating when people say "Agoda isnt cheapest" as they usually only look once and as a capacity seller it can change from day to day or even hour. It might well be half the price if you check back - then again it could have doubled.

We also get people saying "I use the app' as its cheaper". In reality it again varies - one minute the app' will be cheaper, the next the website is cheaper. In general they are more often than not the same, or very close. You have to have a search around. We get paid for both if people go via one of the links.

The secret with Agoda is to keep checking back, especially to see if one of their frequent "Flash Deals" is on as they do those frequently but they last a very very short time - until said capacity is gone.

All that said I HUGELY appreciate your post.

forcebwithu
9 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Thanks bro but that's because Agoda sells capacity and its rates fluctuate quite a lot as that capacity changes. Its sister site booking.com sells fixed rates.

Same as airlines sell seats. But in the case of my post the two screen shots were only a minute apart, the only difference being clicking on the PA Agoda link between the two screenshots. That was using Chrome.

To double check this I just used IE to check prices and the 2% doesn't come up as the cookie for the Agoda link is specific to Chrome. I then logged into PA on IE, clicked the Agoda link, looked up the same hotel and the discounted price comes up. Although this time it was only 1%.

whitespider
1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Same as airlines sell seats. But in the case of my post the two screen shots were only a minute apart, the only difference being clicking on the PA Agoda link between the two screenshots. That was using Chrome.

To double check this I just used IE to check prices and the 2% doesn't come up as the cookie for the Agoda link is specific to Chrome. I then logged into PA on IE, clicked the Agoda link, looked up the same hotel and the discounted price comes up. Although this time it was only 1%.

Well that's interesting to know. They have been telling us we were going to get a discount, albeit knocked off our commission, (which is fine) but they never told me it had started. I will check it out. Our commission was approx 5.5% of booking value (5 after fees etc) so we may well be down to 4 now - but that's fine by me IF you guys get something off also.

Thanks again for the post and especially for the investigation work :)

juice777

I got a condo so I don't need it in Pattaya but if I go through your link and book a room outside Pattaya dose Pattaya Addicts get there commission or whatever it is.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk