IGNORED

April or August suites??

Clem Fandango

Hey troops, I normal stay in the D hotel on my past two trips and like it a lot. However this time I fancy a change, I mostly hang around Soi Diana,LK Metro,Soi 6 and MIT so was looking at the April hotel and August Suites as they are a short walk to bhat bus going North along Second road or south on Soi B or beach rd.

Is the August Suites worth the extra few pennies a night compared to the April hotel? It does look a bit better specifically the pool..

where exactly is the entrance I can't seem to find it on street view,is it directly across for the Aprils main doors?

Any thought or answers would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I Dont know the answer on your question bit mostly use googlemaps and streetview för the fun of it [emoji4]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

I have not stayed at either for a while although i did prefer April Suites albeit very slightly. I can however say that there have been many similar threads over the last couple of years and a fairly overwhelming consensus goes for August Suites.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

18 minutes ago, whitespider said:

I have not stayed at either for a while although i did prefer April Suites albeit very slightly. I can however say that there have been many similar threads over the last couple of years and a fairly overwhelming consensus goes for August Suites.

Cheers mate, August Suites seems a popular choice.

Just now, Joethescot said:

Cheers mate, August Suites seems a popular choice.

Seems so yes. It is pretty constantly in the most booked hotels data with only Areca Lodge and Page 10 regularly above it. 

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

42 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Seems so yes. It is pretty constantly in the most booked hotels data with only Areca Lodge and Page 10 regularly above it. 

Went in to the Areca Lodge on last trip for a look around. Apart from location I didn't get a great feeling about it,no idea why.

Never stayed April but stayed at August Suites twice,and why do you stay at a place again.......

Its in a great area convenient for most places,entrance is set back but theres a sign that hangs over the pavement!If you were to walk up Pattaya klang from beach rd,cross the road at the traffic lights and its on your left about a minute more away!

Because pictures are nice (these are from google street view) here's how you can find both hotels from street view:

April Suites:

From Central road and 2nd road crossing head about 122 m to north (that's about 1 football field and 1 school bus in case there's Americans reading this), and look for this nice looking hotel entrance:

59bbfc3edb601_notapril.thumb.JPG.957f877047019a5fe1d0cc45e39b1e20.JPG

That's not April Suites, but opposite side of the road, you can find this April Suites sign:

april1.thumb.JPG.e440389ca9b4b4c008ed4117581dcc87.JPG

That guides you to this nice alley:

april2.JPG.71df3f79c0f5656b4ecae770fdca7db9.JPGapril3.JPG.92480cb0c8e1a8b6039893df7bdef8ea.JPG

That leads you to April Suites at the end (red arrow):

april4.thumb.JPG.64ad8437434495b9c80058caa8b28de7.JPG

August Suites:

From the same central road and 2nd road crossing, head about 83 m (about 3/4 football fields) to east and look for these yellow/brown August Suites sign and alley decorations:

august.thumb.JPG.6ae96b7778b63d7155649ca1e2f5dace.JPG

And there you can find the hotel entrance:

august2.JPG.28d907ff2994c71fae232d9e19f8b6e6.JPG

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

I'm staying at March suites in November, how does that compare to April/August suites???

At either hotel you can not catch a baht-bus going along 2nd rd if your heading towards MIT/Soi Diana/LK....the traffic is only 1-way. Walking is an option unless you cross Pattaya Klang rd & catch a baht-bus along Soi Buakhao, OR go the longer route down towards Beach rd then walk up either Soi's 11/12...

Anyhow, I found that April Suites to be a nicer hotel although the location sucks big time! (IMHO) Plus the soi is like a shandy-town, not very appealing and a little scary walking back early mornings.

If your a Soi 6 lover then it's great location wise, a very short walk.....I found August Suites far more accessible to the other bars complex's your speaking about.

Currently at April, pool is out due to ongoing work up there. No specific timetable when it will be reopened.
Guests can use August or March hotel pool to have a dip.

Never stayed August, but I have stayed March. I think March has the better rooms as it's the newer hotel of the group, however some have bemoaned the location of the hotel. Wasn't an issue for me though.

I've stayed April 3-4 times now and will book it every time. However, I would have no issue if for whatever reason they moved me to March, as has happened to a few people.

On 9/20/2017 at 00:07, felix the cat said:

At either hotel you can not catch a baht-bus going along 2nd rd if your heading towards MIT/Soi Diana/LK....the traffic is only 1-way. Walking is an option unless you cross Pattaya Klang rd & catch a baht-bus along Soi Buakhao, OR go the longer route down towards Beach rd then walk up either Soi's 11/12...

Anyhow, I found that April Suites to be a nicer hotel although the location sucks big time! (IMHO) Plus the soi is like a shandy-town, not very appealing and a little scary walking back early mornings.

If your a Soi 6 lover then it's great location wise, a very short walk.....I found August Suites far more accessible to the other bars complex's your speaking about.

I don't recall anything shady or scary about that soi.  It's actually quite clean and empty, just narrow.

I've stayed at both, but it's been a few years.  August Suites rooms a a bit bigger, but April Suites is newer (or was when I stayed) and a tad bit cheaper.  You can access April Suites either via the small side soi or by walking through August Suites.  There will be a group of MB Taxi guys hanging out on the soi mentioned above, and that's the easiest way to get to Walking St or wherever you are going.

Can't recommend April Suites enough. They are reconstructing pool so will be noisy for the next month or so probably. Besides that love the hotel. And the alley isn't scary or dangerous at all.

ive stayed there twice. Close to Soi 6 is a bonus too

I just stayed at both hotels this month. 10 days in a Superior room at August Suites, 1 day in a Superior room at April Suites.

I like August Suites better. It has everything I need within walking distance: late late night and early morning (5 am) street foods are right in front of the hotel, laundry service and 7-11 are just a few steps away, legit massage (200 baht for oil massage) is a block or two away, a local indoor food court is a block away (my favorite fruit shake place is in there, 30 baht a shake), easier access to the baht bus that goes to LK Metro.

I like the bigger space and bigger bath room at August Suites. April Suites is a little crammed for me, and it's also further away from the places that I frequent on Central road.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kingfisher_111 said:

I have booked April Suites for November end. Hope the construction work is completed by then.

If it turns out to be an issue, you could ask them to move you to March hotel. (however, March has construction going on right behind it, so 50 percent of that hotel is potentially affected by noise).

I've just got back from a week at April Suites, my 4th stay there. The location is not an issue at all. As opposed to turning right out of the hotel entrance and down the alley. Take a left and immediate right so that you can enter August Suites through the rear entrance. It's literally a 2 minute walk if that from the April Suites entrance into the main lobby and entrance of the August Suites.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 2017-09-20 at 07:06, The Serpent said:

I'm staying at March suites in November, how does that compare to April/August suites???

Me and two friends are also staying at March hotel in November :) 

March is the newest hotel. The most modern. It has very soft beds and a very nice pool. I'd say is slightly nicer than April Suites. I might add that my friend definitely prefers March over April.The downside is the location. It's another 2 minutes of walking down a street full with indians until you reach central road. 

August Suites is the oldest, but most luxurious. Location is the best of the three. But I would not pay another 400-500 to stay there. Maybe if it was the same price. 

I've stayed in all 3, I think the March is the best, certainly the most modern; after that I'd go for April Suites because I think the August Suites rooms are in need of a refurb....Facilities in all 3 are much of a muchness with gym, sauna, pool and restaurant, suppose if you prefer a rooftop pool its April, garden style terrace pool its August and shaded pool its March.

August probably does have best location, but they're all within 5 minutes of each other and the Baht buses anyway; the road down to March certainly has become little India now, which might be of concern to some.

Another option might be the sister May hotel, which has been under construction for about 2 years behind the March hotel, it looks close to being ready now and might be in time for Christmas. Could be some soft opening rates to be had....also some patrons of the other 3 hotels might find themselves moved there as happened when MArch opened.

5 hours ago, PR1977 said:

I've stayed in all 3, I think the March is the best, certainly the most modern; after that I'd go for April Suites because I think the August Suites rooms are in need of a refurb....Facilities in all 3 are much of a muchness with gym, sauna, pool and restaurant, suppose if you prefer a rooftop pool its April, garden style terrace pool its August and shaded pool its March.

August probably does have best location, but they're all within 5 minutes of each other and the Baht buses anyway; the road down to March certainly has become little India now, which might be of concern to some.

Another option might be the sister May Hotel, which has been under construction for about 2 years behind the March Hotel, it looks close to being ready now and might be in time for Christmas. Could be some soft opening rates to be had....also some patrons of the other 3 hotels might find themselves moved there as happened when MArch opened.

I am a fan of March (as well as August Suites). The five minute walk from March is indeed the negative, but I think its more to do with the narrowness of the street than there being a lot of Indian restaurants around. It does get a bit annoying stopping and standing aside as a vehicle passes while you are walking.

I am booked in the August Suites for 8 days in December.  Looking forward to it.  I stayed at Opey de Place last year.  Opey was a great location, but it is a bit run down.

D

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at April Suites last month and absolutely loved it! No complaints whatsoever. The staff were truly amazing and I'd go back just for them. The fact that it's located in a back alley should not be a hindrance at all. It is completely safe and welcoming at all times.

Me and two friends are also staying at March Hotel in November
Thank you for visiting us!

Which days bababoboman???

12 hours ago, The Serpent said:

Which days bababoboman???

Sending PM :)

Archived