Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Honey Inn or H. Boutique?


SureShot

Recommended Posts

I have my next trip coming up at the end of Nov.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't book a room right away at the  Baybreeze, which I really like, and all the deluxe with balcony's are now gone.

I like the street, so want to stay on soi honey.... has anybody stayed at both the honey inn and H Boutique? Which one do you prefer?  Is there a pool in one of these?  For some reason, I thought one of these places had a pool, and you were able to use it, regardless of what hotel you were in... maybe I'm thinking of another place.

I'm also open to any other suggestions right around that exact area.  LK Metro \ Soi Buakhao would be fine .. but I'd ideally like to be closer to 2nd road.  in the 10\11\12 area.

For what it's worth, I'm looking for something with the following:

- around the same price point (1000-1500baht)

- Decent size room with a balcony (table\chairs preferably)

- In room safe  

- Swimming pool (if possible, not a dealbreaker, as I'd probably rarely use it)

- Obviously, Girl Friendly

 

If you have any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated! thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've stayed at the Bay Breeze and found it to just ok. Moved out to go to Maytera  just around the corner on Second Rd. Liked this place a lot better except for wifi.  The 247 was pretty nice and just a few more dollars per night than Honey or H Boutique.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, burgher said:

I've stayed at the Bay Breeze and found it to just ok. Moved out to go to Maytera  just around the corner on Second Rd. Liked this place a lot better except for wifi.  The 247 was pretty nice and just a few more dollars per night than Honey or H Boutique.

ya, I don't need anything fancy. Bay Breeze was perfect for what I'm looking for, though the bed's were ridiculously hard.

247, I wouldn't mind staying at, but the balcony's don't even have room for a table or chair. :(

 I'll take a look at Maytara!

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, burgher said:

I've stayed at the Bay Breeze and found it to just ok. Moved out to go to Maytera  just around the corner on Second Rd. Liked this place a lot better except for wifi.  The 247 was pretty nice and just a few more dollars per night than Honey or H Boutique.

Maytara looks pretty good actually. 

I'm assuming it's girl friendly? no joiners fee?

I see one that says deluxe w/ balcony and one that says deluxe with pool access.

Any idea if that just means pool view? I'd assume everybody that stays has access to the pool....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the pool access room , they are pretty nice as you just slide your door and the pool is right there just a few feet from the room. The balcony rooms are 2nd. floor and up. The pool is long but not real wide and it gets sun most of the day. Yes of course it was girl friendly and had a decent restaurant in front. I liked the location as it's more or less across the 2nd rd. from soi honey and soi Diana and I quiet side soi going towards beach rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jay_613 said:

Maytara looks pretty good actually. 

I'm assuming it's girl friendly? no joiners fee?

I see one that says deluxe w/ balcony and one that says deluxe with pool access.

Any idea if that just means pool view? I'd assume everybody that stays has access to the pool....

I was so excited to have a pool access room at the Maytara but when I got there I found there were two pools one of which was a paddling pool depth for children. Guess which pool my room led out to? 

Was very impressed with the room though. No breakfast included and wouldn't recommend the western breakfast from the restaurant at the front of the hotel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, burgher said:

I had the pool access room , they are pretty nice as you just slide your door and the pool is right there just a few feet from the room. The balcony rooms are 2nd. floor and up. The pool is long but not real wide and it gets sun most of the day. Yes of course it was girl friendly and had a decent restaurant in front. I liked the location as it's more or less across the 2nd rd. from soi honey and soi Diana and I quiet side soi going towards beach rd.

good location for sure, pretty much what I'm looking for.  I'm going with a buddy this time, and he's on a tighter budget than me, so he's trying to save every dollar he can, but I'm gonna run it by him. it's not much more than the others I was looking at.   thanks for the suggestion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@LOTTELLEE WINNA has stayed at both so far as I know, and has also written reviews on them. I tried to stay at Honey Inn last trip, but there was some sort of damage to the room so they moved me over to 247 for the week. They offered H.Boutique but I didn't want to walk down each morning for the breakfast. :-) 

The trip coming up I'll be staying at the 247 again, but this time in the Suite room, rather than the standard room. The standards have no balcony to speak of but the Suite, at least in the photos, has enough room for two chairs and a table out there. Of the three properties, the restaurant is in Honey Inn, the pool/exercise is at 247, and I'm not sure if H.Boutique has anything other than rooms and a lobby. 

I've stayed at Bay Breeze before on the top floor, one floor up from where the elevators stop. Even with needing to walk up the last flight of stairs, I thought the room was awesome. Big, with a good bed, and very quiet. No drunks coming back in the middle of the night stumbling down the hallway. 555 :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

I was so excited to have a pool access room at the Maytara but when I got there I found there were two pools one of which was a paddling pool depth for children. Guess which pool my room led out to? 

hahaha. that sucks!  the pool was okay though? I read a few reviews about the pool being overchloronated. 

either way, I prob wouldn't do pool access. I prefer to be on higher floors due to usually less bugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jay_613 said:

hahaha. that sucks!  the pool was okay though? I read a few reviews about the pool being overchloronated. 

either way, I prob wouldn't do pool access. I prefer to be on higher floors due to usually less bugs.

Certainly not Olympic size but long enough to swim up and down. 

The other delight of having a paddling pool access room was arriving on a Friday, getting mortal drunk and having the sound of joyous children splashing outside at 8am the next morning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Garzan said:

@LOTTELLEE WINNA has stayed at both so far as I know, and has also written reviews on them. I tried to stay at Honey Inn last trip, but there was some sort of damage to the room so they moved me over to 247 for the week. They offered H.Boutique but I didn't want to walk down each morning for the breakfast. :-) 

The trip coming up I'll be staying at the 247 again, but this time in the Suite room, rather than the standard room. The standards have no balcony to speak of but the Suite, at least in the photos, has enough room for two chairs and a table out there. Of the three properties, the restaurant is in Honey Inn, the pool/exercise is at 247, and I'm not sure if H.Boutique has anything other than rooms and a lobby. 

I've stayed at Bay Breeze before on the top floor, one floor up from where the elevators stop. Even with needing to walk up the last flight of stairs, I thought the room was awesome. Big, with a good bed, and very quiet. No drunks coming back in the middle of the night stumbling down the hallway. 555 :-) 

Thanks, i'll try to find some of his reviews.

ahh... okay, so it's the 247 that has shared pool, if I stay at one of the others?

at the baybreeze, is that the regular suite (ie - not jr) ?  I was looking at that, looked really nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thinkingallowed said:

Certainly not Olympic size but long enough to swim up and down. 

The other delight of having a paddling pool access room was arriving on a Friday, getting mortal drunk and having the sound of joyous children splashing outside at 8am the next morning. 

sorry - I meant that I read they put too much chlorine in the pool, which isn't a good thing.

you just talked me 100% out of pool access with the 8am children comment. hahahah. who the hell brings children to pattaya anyways :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jay_613 said:

Thanks, i'll try to find some of his reviews.

ahh... okay, so it's the 247 that has shared pool, if I stay at one of the others?

at the baybreeze, is that the regular suite (ie - not jr) ?  I was looking at that, looked really nice.

I'm not sure of the name of the room. When I booked it, I just called them and asked for the top floor room above the elevators. I have another boardmember friend who used to stay there almost exclusively, so I just went with his recommendation. He's since shifted over to staying at Boomerang Guest House, which is a bit further down Soi Buakhao, no pool, no exercise, only the big rooms have a balcony, but the beds are great and the price is good. :-)

For me, I always rent a scooter when I come to Pattaya, and 247 has off street bike parking, so that's a big part of it's appeal. If you're not renting a scooter, it's not a deciding factor though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Garzan said:

I'm not sure of the name of the room. When I booked it, I just called them and asked for the top floor room above the elevators. I have another boardmember friend who used to stay there almost exclusively, so I just went with his recommendation. He's since shifted over to staying at Boomerang Guest House, which is a bit further down Soi Buakhao, no pool, no exercise, only the big rooms have a balcony, but the beds are great and the price is good. :-)

For me, I always rent a scooter when I come to Pattaya, and 247 has off street bike parking, so that's a big part of it's appeal. If you're not renting a scooter, it's not a deciding factor though. 

good info! offhand, any idea how many baht the top level room was?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jay_613 said:

sorry - I meant that I read they put too much chlorine in the pool, which isn't a good thing.

you just talked me 100% out of pool access with the 8am children comment. hahahah. who the hell brings children to pattaya anyways :P

Didn't seem over chlorinated to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, thinkingallowed said:

Didn't seem over chlorinated to me. 

perfect.  was probably just a one off or something. or a picky reviewer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it was in the 1000-1200 range. I generally try to stay at less than 1500b at any location -- except for this next trip where I'm splurging on a whim and renting the suite.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Garzan said:

I think it was in the 1000-1200 range. I generally try to stay at less than 1500b at any location -- except for this next trip where I'm splurging on a whim and renting the suite.

 

whaaaaaat? think i'll be shooting them off an email in the morning. haha. awesome. thanks man!

nice, whens your trip?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, jay_613 said:

whaaaaaat? think i'll be shooting them off an email in the morning. haha. awesome. thanks man!

nice, whens your trip?

Early November. 

I think the Bay Breeze room was discounted since you couldn't get directly to it with the elevator. It's been several years though since I stayed there.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jay_613 said:

I have my next trip coming up at the end of Nov.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't book a room right away at the  Baybreeze, which I really like, and all the deluxe with balcony's are now gone.

I like the street, so want to stay on soi honey.... has anybody stayed at both the Honey Inn and H Boutique? Which one do you prefer?  Is there a pool in one of these?  For some reason, I thought one of these places had a pool, and you were able to use it, regardless of what hotel you were in... maybe I'm thinking of another place.

I'm also open to any other suggestions right around that exact area.  LK Metro \ Soi Buakhao would be fine .. but I'd ideally like to be closer to 2nd road.  in the 10\11\12 area.

For what it's worth, I'm looking for something with the following:

- around the same price point (1000-1500baht)

- Decent size room with a balcony (table\chairs preferably)

- In room safe  

- Swimming pool (if possible, not a dealbreaker, as I'd probably rarely use it)

- Obviously, girl friendly

 

If you have any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated! thanks!

OP - As BM Garzan  posts, I have stayed at both of these - check the search function for reviews.

They are both OK hotels and I enjoyed staying in them. I will say that the competition gets better every year, quality rises and prices drop a little - eg Travelodge and Centra Avenue are around 1,000THB low season - these are modern hotels with a pool. The best hotel in the soi is 24/7 (I have booked it previously for under 1,500THB)....would love to stay in one of their suites, but I'm not as rich as BM Garzan :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a bad experience at Honey Inn. When I got to my room, there were a few roaches (one was right on my pillow). I couldn't stay there. I had booked 3 days but I just took the loss.

I really like 247 across the street from Honey Inn. I was going to stay here again but I might try Centra Avenue. I'd rather be on that side of LK Metro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Garzan said:

Early November. 

I think the Bay Breeze room was discounted since you couldn't get directly to it with the elevator. It's been several years though since I stayed there.

 

 

I actually spoke with them directly, and it ends up that this is just a regular Standard Room. Likely discounted for the reason you stated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

About 30 mins ago, my buddy and I decided to splurge a bit more than we initially agreed on, and just booked Page 10. Heard a lot of good things about the place.

2 week millionairres this trip I guess. hah.

Thanks all for your suggestions, i'll keep them in mind for my next trip... likely in March.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

i stayed in the H. boutique hotel one week.

It is not allowed to take a girl inside, if she is not 20 years old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2017 at 23:44, jay_613 said:

sorry - I meant that I read they put too much chlorine in the pool, which isn't a good thing.

you just talked me 100% out of pool access with the 8am children comment. hahahah. who the hell brings children to pattaya anyways :P

don't u know that Patty is now considered family friendly:rolleyes:?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.