Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Centra by Centara Avenue Hotel, anyone stayed there?


Bababoboman

Recommended Posts

It checks all my boxes:

- Good location (just off Soi Diana).

- Nice pool.

- Modern rooms.

- Can be had for just under 1000.

 

Rooms look a bit small though and apparently the hotel has no affiliation with Centara Group, so the name is kind of misleading. Any thoughts on this place?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent value for money at under 1000 baht. 

Quality of rooms is very good, breakfast was different but intriguing as there appears to be a synagogue going on in the room next door. 

There are reviews of the place on the forum if you search, think it was Tweedledee who started it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OP - I have stayed there on a number of occasions. It's good and is probably the best value at the moment - indeed, I am just about to book it again myself - the price oscillates between 1,000-2,000THB  - at 1k it offers good value and for 2k it's overpriced.. Use the search function, I did a review (below) a couple of years back. Good hotel with an excellent location.

I will add that it does have some affiliation with the Centara group. The Centara Azure guests use the Centra Avenue gym as their's isn't yet operational (or wasn't last Feb). 

Where are you getting under 1,000THB - that's a great price?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

Excellent value for money at under 1000 baht. 

Quality of rooms is very good, breakfast was different but intriguing as there appears to be a synagogue going on in the room next door. 

There are reviews of the place on the forum if you search, think it was Tweedledee who started it. 

Sorry wrong about Tweedledee, obviously it was Lottelee winner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I booked 10 nights for me and my friend in November. 980 a night for me (would have been less than 900 if I hadn't screwed up with the discount code) on Expedia and 935 for my friend on Agoda

Off Topic.... In May I paid 1300 a night for the suite at April Suites for the whole month. Now they want 2000 for that room. March hotel has also increased their prices a lot. Used to be 900, now 1450. I don't think they realize the reason people came there before was because it was great value for the price, not because those hotels are extraordinary good. I bet their rankings is gonna drop rapidly now with their new prices. Unknowing tourists that book it just because of the TripAdvisor ranking will find those room not worth the price tag in comparison to other hotels.

I hope Centra will replace April/March hotel to be my go-to hotel in Pattaya. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Bababoboman said:

Thanks guys. I booked 10 nights for me and my friend in November. 980 a night for me (would have been less than 900 if I hadn't screwed up with the discount code) on Expedia and 935 for my friend on Agoda

Off Topic.... In May I paid 1300 a night for the suite at April Suites for the whole month. Now they want 2000 for that room. March Hotel has also increased their prices a lot. Used to be 900, now 1450. I don't think they realize the reason people came there before was because it was great value for the price, not because those hotels are extraordinary good. I bet their rankings is gonna drop rapidly now with their new prices. Unknowing tourists that book it just because of the TripAdvisor ranking will find those room not worth the price tag in comparison to other hotels.

I hope Centra will replace April/March hotel to be my go-to hotel in Pattaya. 

Yes mate, it's a highly competitive market (outside Dec/Jan)...under 1,000THB pn, April/March hotels offer great value, but at 1,450, I too would be looking elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would you know if they charge for joiners? I emailed them but no response. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a TG i have known for years recently stayed there 2/3 nights with her uk boyfriend and complained about loud israelies to me. she did not know their nationality but mentioned the synagogue. after a trip elsewhere in thailand they stayed in soi honey on return 24/7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, striderman said:

a TG i have known for years recently stayed there 2/3 nights with her uk boyfriend and complained about loud israelies to me. she did not know their nationality but mentioned the synagogue. after a trip elsewhere in thailand they stayed in soi honey on return 24/7.

Thanks for information very helpful.  It's a shame I'll not be booking with them as I will not put up with synagogue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2017 at 18:24, tiger007 said:

Would you know if they charge for joiners? I emailed them but no response. 

No charge that I have ever heard of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loud and obnoxious groups of Israeli men huh.. Can anyone confirm? :o I know no one said obnoxious, but from experience I know that would be the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/09/2017 at 18:19, Bababoboman said:

Loud and obnoxious groups of Israeli men huh.. Can anyone confirm? :o I know no one said obnoxious, but from experience I know that would be the case.

Absolutely none of that during my stay. All places to stay will get other customers that will annoy some people at some point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On September 22, 2017 at 00:19, Bababoboman said:

Loud and obnoxious groups of Israeli men huh.. Can anyone confirm? :o I know no one said obnoxious, but from experience I know that would be the case.

I have stayed in this hotel 3 times, and have in fact got a further stay booked next week. I have never heard any noise from anyone inside the hotel. I have talked with a group of lads from the Israelli military, on a spot of R&R...nice, quiet and respectful guys.

At around 1,000thb, this offers outstanding value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2017 at 03:19, Bababoboman said:

Loud and obnoxious groups of Israeli men huh.. Can anyone confirm? :o I know no one said obnoxious, but from experience I know that would be the case.

And indian tour groups.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

 IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2017 at 15:24, tiger007 said:

Would you know if they charge for joiners? I emailed them but no response. 

I've just moved to this hotel today.

I've also just spoken to the overnight reception guy, and he says you can bring joiners back, with no joiner fees.

Happy days.

It is a great little 4-star hotel, and has cost me only 1000 baht/night inclusive of booking fees etc on Agoda.com

It is around 100 meters from LK Metro down a little alley, so a perfect location.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you hear the synagogue from the rooms where it affects the sleep if you don't wake up that early Crazypilot?? Seems like a deal killer for me if that is the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Z3n said:

Can you hear the synagogue from the rooms where it affects the sleep if you don't wake up that early Crazypilot?? Seems like a deal killer for me if that is the case.

No no noise from inside or outside at all. Quietest centrally located hotel I have ever stayed in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2017 at 11:11, talung66 said:

And indian tour groups.

Never seen any Indian tour groups on my visits. Only Euro/Aussie/US/Israelli single dudes + Korean couples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Z3n said:

Can you hear the synagogue from the rooms where it affects the sleep if you don't wake up that early Crazypilot?? Seems like a deal killer for me if that is the case.

I haven't heard anything from it.
The synagogue is on the 2nd floor, and I am on the 4th floor.

I spoke to the daytime reception staff today, and they confirmed that there are no joiner fees full stop, and that I can bring back two girls with nothing further to pay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Never seen any Indian tour groups on my visits. Only Euro/Aussie/US/Israelli single dudes + Korean couples.

We have been through this before. Next time you're there look at  the hotels 3 world time clocks   Looks like it's bieng (Fixed)replaced at the moment.Ask yourself why have they chosen Jerusalem Beijing and New Delhi. May be as that their main customer base. 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

 IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 30/09/2017 at 21:29, Z3n said:

Can you hear the synagogue from the rooms where it affects the sleep if you don't wake up that early Crazypilot?? Seems like a deal killer for me if that is the case.

You can't hear the synagogue in the breakfast room unless someone opens the door between them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, talung66 said:

We have been through this before. Next time you're there look at  the hotels 3 world time clocks   Looks like it's bieng (Fixed)replaced at the moment.Ask yourself why have they chosen Jerusalem Beijing and New Delhi. May be as that their main customer base. 

As it happens, I've just popped into centra avenue, my mate is staying there. I asked him if he had seen any Indians....he hadn't. The hotel is full of European,  Aussie and US single dudes + some Korean couples. Beginning to think you have a hang-up about Indians. Maybe if it's causing you so much grief you should avoid centra ave...easy since you don't stay there :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

As it happens, I've just popped into Centra avenue, my mate is staying there. I asked him if he had seen any Indians....he hadn't. The hotel is full of European,  Aussie and US single dudes + some Korean couples. Beginning to think you have a hang-up about Indians. Maybe if it's causing you so much grief you should avoid Centra ave...easy since you don't stay there :D

With your 12k posts you dont remember who and what you reply to. I live in the condos and yes lately like in the last 2 weeks there actually haven't been many in centara while centara azure still has the occasional group. As you mention before in a reply in your stay you haven't seen any but over a 6 month period i have seen many groups.you could also take a look at the breakfast buffet in Atlantis restaurant and look at the indian flag on the buffet for the indian food served to the indian tour groups for breakfast of curry and naan beard etc and the same world clock that actually are working ATM.I go there daily to use the gym.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

 IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, talung66 said:

With your 12k posts you dont remember who and what you reply to. I live in the condos and yes lately like in the last 2 weeks there actually haven't been many in centara while centara azure still has the occasional group. As you mention before in a reply in your stay you haven't seen any but over a 6 month period i have seen many groups.you could also take a look at the breakfast buffet in Atlantis restaurant and look at the indian flag on the buffet for the indian food served to the indian tour groups for breakfast of curry and naan beard etc and the same world clock that actually are working ATM.I go there daily to use the gym.

I remember who I reply to.

I don't like the breakfasts in the avenue, but the ones in the Azure are nice. I don't care whether there is an Indian flag anywhere...why would that bother me?

You live in the Azure, if Indian people staying at the hotel next door to you (who I have never seen), cause you such discomfort, why keep going to their gym. Lots of Gyms in Patts, the one at the nearby Avenue shopping complex is fantastic, complete with Muay Thai ring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.