Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Airport transfers Phuket

Memurtle

Hi,

I rarely visit Phuket but have to for a friends wedding.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced, safe airport transfer?

Thanks in advance.

Depends where you are staying.

Some resorts have airport transfers so you can check with your hotel but it might cost a little more

Most everything at Phuket is metered taxis right now.

Not a big deal as I have never had any issues with the taxis at the airport before.

If you happen to get a non metered taxi just agree to the price before getting in the vehicle.

They also have some share van type stuff which might be cheaper but could take longer to get to your hotel.

Again where you are staying might make a difference

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tickets for minivans are available from counters througout the Arrivals hall. These vehicles are among the most cost-effective methods of getting to your hotel. Ticket prices are very low and the journey is quicker than taking the bus and they will drop you right at your hotel.  Ticket prices per person are: Phuket Town: 120 baht Patong Beach: 180 baht Kata/Karon Beach: 200 baht.

Didnt notice this post was from sept 2017, anyway could help others looking for  cheap transfers from the airport.

Only negative ive found with the vans ,( the ones ive been on ) 

They stop at place for people to book tours , the chinese love it , can mean an extra 15 minutes sitting in the van 

Ok if that doesnt bother you 

Private transfer with Phuket src travel is already 650 baht. The van was a real nightmare. I had to wait more than one hour after a long flight until it was full. In high season is much better.

I arrived in Phuket 3 days ago. The Meter Taxi was 800 Baht which was reasonable for the hour plus drive to get to Patong if that's where you're going. You have to be sure to go to the Taxi Meter stand where you will pay in advance and be given a receipt and told to stand at a particular aisle i.e. 1,2,3 etc. Don't be swayed by the people trying to usher you into buses, mini vans or non metered taxies.

Whatever you choose, book in advance. I have both walked into a cab and witnessed a 2 hour queue. Have also been scammed. Don't pay a spruiker before you're in a seat.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

27 minutes ago, blake7373 said:

Whatever you choose, book in advance. I have both walked into a cab and witnessed a 2 hour queue. Have also been scammed. Don't pay a spruiker before you're in a seat.

Generally that's good advice but if you go to the official taxi meter stands you must pay in advance and get a receipt. The meter taxis will honor the receipt. From that point on you only need to pay a tip if you wish.

• 4 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 05:08, ginseng said:

I arrived in Phuket 3 days ago. The Meter Taxi was 800 Baht which was reasonable for the hour plus drive to get to Patong if that's where you're going. You have to be sure to go to the Taxi Meter stand where you will pay in advance and be given a receipt and told to stand at a particular aisle i.e. 1,2,3 etc. Don't be swayed by the people trying to usher you into buses, mini vans or non metered taxies.

Looks like the extra 200 Baht for metered taxi over van is the way to go.  Thanks for the updated info.

Don't be alarmed if the driver suddenly takes a road that is not a main road (single lane) and  seems to be going nowhere, through backstreets and quite villages.

There is a road that cuts across the middle of the island and depending on traffic, they sometimes take that cut through to Patong.

I was crapping myself the first time thinking I was going to be on the nightly news,  but checked up on google Maps and saw what he was up to....  

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 11 months later...

You have a lot of taxis and they cost less than 1000 baths! And if you want a cheaper transport you can take a bus also!

Archived