jmooney

What's the worst thing that's ever happened you in Pattaya or Thailand in general?

Jes_92

Last trip when I went to an ATM on my first day there I couldn't withdraw any money. I checked online and my card was blocked (basically they said I got a new card in the mail, so the old one that I had with me was blocked, but I never received one as far as I know). I started panicking a lot. Even thinking that I might have to borrow some money and go back already on the first day. Then I remembered I always take another card with me for emergencies. Thank god it worked. So I went from major panic to a huge relief in about an hour. I needed some time to calm down after that and I got a very relaxing massage.

Edit: At the end of the trip I also forgot to take my passport out of the room safe. Luckily I was only 10 min. away in the Taxi from Pattaya to the airport, so we were able to turn around and go back to the hotel and then to the airport in time. The taxi driver had a laugh about it fortunately. I felt like an idiot though. I made sure multiple times that I got everything from my room, but somehow completely forgot about the safe. The hotel apologised, because room service should have noticed but I only blame myself.

Edited by Jes_92

Santana187
18 hours ago, chher said:

Haha, I had to go all the way down to the cafe at the very end on the right hand side pass the large Indian restaurant. The cashier was trying to tell me customer only but I couldn’t hold it any longer. Barely made it. The cops at end also laugh at me on my way back because I had told them I had to take a shit when I went into the darkness looking to just shit in an alley. I now realize I think there is a paid restroom somewhere around the middle of WS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not just go in a random bar/gogo/whatever and ask for the toilet? It's WS of all places :Oops1:Someone blasting the porcelain is the least nasty thing going on :D

Santana187
14 minutes ago, Jes_92 said:

Last trip when I went to an ATM on my first day there I couldn't withdraw any money. I checked online and my card was blocked (basically they said I got a new card in the mail, so the old one that I had with me was blocked, but I never received one as far as I know). I started panicking a lot. Even thinking that I might have to borrow some money and go back already on the first day. Then I remembered I always take another card with me for emergencies. Thank god it worked. So I went from major panic to a huge relief in about an hour. I needed some time to calm down after that and I got a very relaxing massage.

Edit: At the end of the trip I also forgot to take my passport out of the room safe. Luckily I was only 10 min. away in the Taxi from Pattaya to the airport, so we were able to turn around and go back to the hotel and then to the airport in time. The taxi driver had a laugh about it fortunately. I felt like an idiot though. I made sure multiple times that I got everything from my room, but somehow completely forgot about the safe. The hotel apologised, because room service should have noticed but I only blame myself.

Lol, halfway through my last trip around last Songkran in Khao San Road area I forget to grab my card from the ATM after I received the money, as you may know, here in Holland you'll get the card first, then the money. Got enough money for the upcoming few days, but not enough for the rest of the trip. Started to think, should I wait and call tomorrow to see if they can retrieve it, or just call my bank and block it just to make sure. Did the last thing, in case they rigged the thing with cams or anything lol. Had to call the bank (ING), but ofcourse not enough minutes on my Thai tourist sim so got disconnected really quick. Tried the online chat (luckily it was still during working hours there) and after all the necessary info to confirm it was really me I accidentally clicked on 'back' button on my phone so got disconnected. But hey, I have a double sim phone, so let's just switch to my Dutch sim and call them again. Finally got it blocked, sweating bullets, and finally able to party again with my hardly earned money.

..until I had to use Western Union a few days later to send money to myself. During registration it literally said 'second name (optional)', so (partly my fault) I just put my first and last name, not my second and third. Went to retrieve the money with my passport, and got denied. I want to send money from myself to myself, but I can't prove I'mreally  the one retrieving it. :Crazy1: Never having used Western Union before, the woman (what a bitch by the way in the one in Central Festival) didn't really helped either. I was so upset I wrote a Google review, that'll teach her! I'll just put it here: 

Most cold, unfriendly and uncooperative service lady I've ever met in my entire life. Wanted to send money to myself due to a swallowed card in an ATM, and on the website they state that your second name for sender/receiver is optional, but it's not, you need your full first name. Ok, partly my bad, but she only says "can not, call your bank", but what can they do if I already transfered my money to Western Union to pick it up myself. Edited my name both on the website and in their app, but it still wouldn't update in their system. Went to another (friendly) office and they kindly suggested to call the customer service which I did (the lady could've suggested this to me, mind you I've never used Western Union before), and luckily they were very helpful and sorted it out. Went back to the first location to try again (the second one was already closed by now) and she was still not satisfied. After a lot of talking I finally received my money and after I explained the fix was made by their own customer service, her last words were "why you not help yourself". Uh, that's what I tried on the website and in the app, but your system didn't update it? I honestly feel sorry for people who work/live with her.

Jes_92
1 hour ago, Santana187 said:

Lol, halfway through my last trip around last Songkran in Khao San Road area I forget to grab my card from the ATM after I received the money, as you may know, here in Holland you'll get the card first, then the money. Got enough money for the upcoming few days, but not enough for the rest of the trip. Started to think, should I wait and call tomorrow to see if they can retrieve it, or just call my bank and block it just to make sure. Did the last thing, in case they rigged the thing with cams or anything lol. Had to call the bank (ING), but ofcourse not enough minutes on my Thai tourist sim so got disconnected really quick. Tried the online chat (luckily it was still during working hours there) and after all the necessary info to confirm it was really me I accidentally clicked on 'back' button on my phone so got disconnected. But hey, I have a double sim phone, so let's just switch to my Dutch sim and call them again. Finally got it blocked, sweating bullets, and finally able to party again with my hardly earned money.

..until I had to use Western Union a few days later to send money to myself. During registration it literally said 'second name (optional)', so (partly my fault) I just put my first and last name, not my second and third. Went to retrieve the money with my passport, and got denied. I want to send money from myself to myself, but I can't prove I'mreally  the one retrieving it. :Crazy1: Never having used Western Union before, the woman (what a bitch by the way in the one in Central Festival) didn't really helped either. I was so upset I wrote a Google review, that'll teach her! I'll just put it here: 

Damn, that's a lot of bad luck and stress on your trip. Hope the rest of your holiday was nice though.

abholen
1 hour ago, Santana187 said:

I did the same thing on my first night in Pattaya. I rarely use the ATM back home since I use credit card instead of cash for just about everything. Lucky for me, the woman that I barfined told me that I can go to the bank and retrieve my card on Monday. They gave the card back to me after I provided proof with my passport.

chher

Haha. The men’s stalls in these places barely have doors much less toilet paper. But still better than shitting in my pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plee587

I went into a go go bar. Had a drink and a ladies drink. Got my bill, 320b. Gave the waitress a 1k b bill (I know it was 1k cause I keep the 1k b bills in a separate part of my wallet from my smaller bills). She came back with change for a 500b. I told them I gave her 1000b bill. We went back and forth. Manager got involved. Thirty mins later, still wouldn't give me change for my 1000b bill. I wasn't drunk as I don't drink and I had soda water. Not the money but the principle. Never going back to that bar. Grrrr. 

Edited by plee587

Santana187
2 hours ago, abholen said:

I did the same thing on my first night in Pattaya. I rarely use the ATM back home since I use credit card instead of cash for just about everything. Lucky for me, the woman that I barfined told me that I can go to the bank and retrieve my card on Monday. They gave the card back to me after I provided proof with my passport.

Maybe I forgot to add that I walked away after stashing away my money, so I wasn't 100% sure if the ATM itself or somebody else after me took my card. That's why I blocked it in my paranoia lol.

Rumbleg

I was rideing on a baht bus with a lovely looking Thai girl sitting across from me. I kept thinking over and over " please don't get an erection. Please don't get an erection"...But alas, she did.