IGNORED

What's the worst thing that's ever happened you in Pattaya or Thailand in general?

jmooney

Went to Koh Samui on one of my first trips with a painted Pattaya lady and when we were out one night someone stole my boardies and her bikini that we left to dry on the terrace.

Blaming it on the low class twatpacker tourist types who infest Samui - that sort of outrage would never happen in Pattaya

Edited by PR1977

Couple of years ago I had something bad to eat at the LPGA held at Siam CC.

I had a terrible bout of the shits for about 1 hour then felt fine and walked the course for the rest of the day with no other issues.

Back to hotel and changed for the night out and felt a bit off around 12 so went home.

Woke up at 3am drenched in sweat and didn't make it out of bed as my ass unleashed a torrent of green shit.

Ran to the bathroom and knew that more was coming.

As I'm sat on the shitter screaming in pain I started to vomit and the only place I could do it was in the shower next to me as the sink was out of reach.

Spent the next few hours doing the same till there was nothing left to come out/up.

Couldn't keep water down for the next 2 days.

Changed my seat on the flight home so I was next to the shitter and packed 6 pairs of boxers in my hand luggage just in case.

Took 7 days till I felt human again.

35 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

Do you know what you had?

The meal I had at Siam was the cause.

Severe food poisoning was what my own doctors told me.

Every time I have chicken in Thailand now I cut it open before I eat it.

13 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

Had exactly your disaster, only once ever,  in 1976 - recruit school aussie navy - undercooked chicken - grrrr

So suggest anyone to chicken cook check ANYWHERE might be good advice...

• Like 3

I had a wound in the leg that i made with the plane’s seat. It didn’t hurt and didn’t look too serious. Fourth day in Pattaya was a big storm and Soi Buakhao got flooded. I walked into the water without realize that my wound was touching the filthy water. Of course, next day the wound was infected. No more foot massage, antibiotics and cream.

If this wasn’t enough i felt like the antibiotics were killing my libido and made me feel tired so i stopped taking them. 

Now, 15 days after and in home my wound in getting better but i had to take again antibiotics once i arrived home.

I picked up a sexy, young lady outside Nana Plaza. I take her back to my room. She’s on her knees ready to give me the most delicious blow job ever.

I take off my pants. She takes off her top. I asked her to take off her panties too. She refused. I think we all know why. :(

Now I always make it a point to inspect the genitals of my date before putting my genitals in her/his mouth.

If this wasn’t enough i felt like the antibiotics were killing my libido and made me feel tired so i stopped taking them.

Stupidest thing EVER you could have done. Do not ever stop antibiotics while you are in the middle of a regimen. That’s the best way to potentially kick your infection into higher, and more dangerous, gear. Look up the words “gangrene” and “amputation”, for extra fun.

Do not ever stop taking antibiotics, once you started.

2 hours ago, DaffyDuck said:

Stupidest thing EVER you could have done. Do not ever stop antibiotics while you are in the middle of a regimen. That’s the best way to potentially kick your infection into higher, and more dangerous, gear. Look up the words “gangrene” and “amputation”, for extra fun.

Tottaly agree. And bacteries get stronger and inmune to that antibiotic. I tought the wound wasn’t so serious to been taking antibiouics. After all it was a farmaceutic who gave me, not a medic.

Anyway, yes. It was stupid move. Thanks for you opinon!

5 hours ago, Jous said:

Tottaly agree. And bacteries get stronger and inmune to that antibiotic. I tought the wound wasn’t so serious to been taking antibiouics. After all it was a farmaceutic who gave me, not a medic.

I have placed a small container of Betadine in my first aid kit.  ANY cut, no matter how small, gets cleaned and coated with the Betadine anitiseptic Liquid.  (Betadine is the type used by the medical profession where I come from)  In my experience, this routine has always healed the wounds promptly negating the need for antibiotics.  Another issue with antibiotics is they can become ineffective if one drinks alcohol, which I do a LOT...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Another issue with antibiotics is they can become ineffective if one drinks alcohol, which I do a LOT...

Key word is "can" - not all antibiotics are negated by alcohol: ask the doctor. 

Sometime in the last century I had to take a cocktail of antibiotics, 3 types, 2 x daily for 20 months.  As the months rolled by, the dosage was gradually reduced and when down to one antibiotic only, I remarked to the teaching hospital consultant treating me that I was looking forward to a drink.  At that point he told me that had the drugs he prescribed been alcohol-unfriendly, (a) he would have told me (b) they would have been so labelled.    

I left

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I judge you unfortunate because you have never been unfortunate; you have passed through life without an antagonist; no one will know what you can do, – not even yourself.†For if a man is to know himself, he must be tested; no one finds out what be can do except by trying. and so some men have presented themselves voluntarily to laggard misfortune, and have sought an opportunity to blazon forth their worth when it was but to pass into obscurity." -Seneca

On 07/10/2018 at 03:31, kansuwan said:

Key word is "can" - not all antibiotics are negated by alcohol: ask the doctor. 

Sometime in the last century I had to take a cocktail of antibiotics, 3 types, 2 x daily for 20 months.  As the months rolled by, the dosage was gradually reduced and when down to one antibiotic only, I remarked to the teaching hospital consultant treating me that I was looking forward to a drink.  At that point he told me that had the drugs he prescribed been alcohol-unfriendly, (a) he would have told me (b) they would have been so labelled.    

It would have inadvertently done you good!:P

On 06/10/2018 at 14:33, flyingscotsman said:

What did you do that night? , swallow it whole

On 10/6/2018 at 13:08, Jous said:

Not just an opinion. It's accepted medical fact and safe practice. 

On 10/6/2018 at 11:05, DaffyDuck said:

I got moderate skin rash and itching on day 5 of a 7 day oral penicillin regimen following dental work. Since I was far more interested in finishing the antibiotics as prescribed, I just put up with the discomfort. Had there been breathing problems that would have been a different deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

During one holiday there were four dry days because of Thailand elections.  Also during one or two holidays I have suffered with bad diarrhea which has caused me to stay in by hotel room for a couple of nights

On 06/02/2018 at 04:06, TiTan69 said:

over the last two trips lost 2 iPhones 1 iPad. Passed out in my room woke up in a pool of blood. Missed two flights home and got bottled by a BG.

Sounds like a little bit of bad luck there.

I'd say that wasn't bad luck, probably brought some of it on himself

• 1 month later...
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:43, electoff said:

last trip in june stayed sober amazingly and didn't lose anything lol best trip ever

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:06, Scuba+ said:
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:43, electoff said:

I'd say that wasn't bad luck, probably brought some of it on himself

yes I did m8 too mutt sangsom which ive given up and things are much better

Thinking you're late for your flight rushing from Pattaya when in reality you booked your Koh Samui flight to the day you actually arrived in BKK the week earlier :Oops5: