IGNORED

alternative resort type hotels to areca

tobeornottobe

areca ticks all boxes and I suppose showering in the bath should be something a guy in his 30s should be able to get over but if theres another option the same with a walk in shower Id prefer to take it, Page 10 and one of the sea me spring hotels is the other alternative, they perhaps are in an even better location and have the shower but I would prefer the resort type setting of the areca, does what im looking for exist? adelphi perhaps

Adelphi although a fine hotel is nothing like Areca.Adelphi is a compact medium sized hotel,definitely one of the better ones in its category!

Good size walk in shower too!

I think the closest thing to areca was probably the marriott but since transitioning to the avani it no longer allows guests so its off the list, its also much more expensive 

I am genuinely curious about the bathtub phobia thing ... I want to understand it because it's very "American" to have the shower head over the tub, and it's tough for me to find negatives about it - but this isn't the first time I've heard it (couple times from Europeans and once from an Aussie) ... if you can talk about it here, great, but truly not trying to threadjack, so PM is fine too.

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

My own thoughts on this is like my home the tub/shower combo is fine for one person. But in Pattaya or AC or wherever showing with a lady the bigger shower is better

I stayed in Page 10 hotel two years ago. Good size walk in shower. Rooms were decent enough, and there is a pretty good beer garden (or was then) across the street. On that note, if you get a lower floor room facing Soi 10, you will hear all of the noise. It really wasnt that bad for me, but to each their own.

May have to take a look at your options though, as I am headed back for a short trip this month.

Happy Hunting.

On 02/09/2017 at 02:24, mustluvbuns said:

I am genuinely curious about the bathtub phobia thing ... I want to understand it because it's very "American" to have the shower head over the tub, and it's tough for me to find negatives about it - but this isn't the first time I've heard it (couple times from Europeans and once from an Aussie) ... if you can talk about it here, great, but truly not trying to threadjack, so PM is fine too.

It's just easier I do like Areca have booked in November but would prefer a walk In shower. Used to have a shower over the bath because of space in my last home but now have a walk in a lot nicer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2017 at 00:42, tobeornottobe said:

I think the closest thing to areca was probably the Marriott but since transitioning to the Avani it no longer allows guests so its off the list, its also much more expensive 

I emailed them they said there was no joiner fee 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

On 9/18/2017 at 13:26, Stillearly said:

I read somewhere else here that since they transitioned to avani they don't allow any guests.  How true that us I don't know 

14 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I read somewhere else here that since they transitioned to Avani they don't allow any guests.  How true that us I don't know 

I think you are correct , ) I thought I had an email but they are the one place I forgot to check ...)  I am currently corresponding with the manager...

On 18/09/2017 at 13:26, Stillearly said:

If they book in with you no but if you meet someone and invite them to your room 1000 baht must be out by noon and cannot use hotel's facilities.

Avani is not girl-friendly, by any stretch of the traditional definition ... 

AVANI Pattaya.pdf

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

On 9/20/2017 at 13:44, Stillearly said:

I think you are correct , ) I thought I had an email but they are the one place I forgot to check ...)  I am currently corresponding with the manager...

I put this on the other Avani thread , after a lot of email tennis , the manager agreed I will not be charged the 1000 Baht fee for any guests during my stay , just have to leave their cards at reception as most hotels do. 

But I won't be looking to stay there again 

Archived