IGNORED

The Pattaya Club - No access

Pumpuynarak

4 hours ago, imitebee said:

That would be a good idea, but would presumably cost money (to buy that domain owner out)....and as dear Ben is trying to do everything on the cheap, it won't happen!

I've read for months that the upgrade there is only a week or so away... obviously pumpunarak and striderman, with their expert computing skills, have proved to be too expensive, and Ben really is now employing monkeys, as the whole process is taking longer than painting the forth bridge!

I was not aware that he did not own the domain.
One should never let anyone buy a domain for a business in a domain-owner's name other than the business itself (or the business owner).

About the "monkeys" that is probably true when it coms to IT, but the moderators over there are 100% stand up guys who always seem to have a finger on the pulse.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/8/2017 at 01:05, MrDK said:

I was not aware that he did not own the domain.
One should never let anyone buy a domain for a business in a domain-owner's name other than the business itself (or the business owner).

About the "monkeys" that is probably true when it coms to IT, but the moderators over there are 100% stand up guys who always seem to have a finger on the pulse.

Fully agree: the moderators there are great guys, but they aren't doing the upgrade....and, imo, are only passing on what they are fed by Ben. Whether I believe what Ben says is open for debate!

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, striderman said:

it's partly back

Which part? I can only access the guesthouse booking page!

13 minutes ago, twicestung said:

Which part? I can only access the guesthouse booking page!

try secretsasia.com

6 minutes ago, striderman said:

try secretsasia.com

Yes correct Strider but there's no content due to the upgrade work still being carried out.

Just now, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes correct Strider but there's no content due to the upgrade work still being carried out.

i did say partly

26 minutes ago, striderman said:

try secretsasia.com

One would wonder what the domain name will be next month. :)
Three domain names in the span of a couple of months.
Not one email alert ... what a way to retain customers
What id quite ironic is that if you address PattayaSecrets you get a message that ThePattayaClub is "currently" unavailable.
Wrong domain and one should expect "currently" to mean "forever"

2 hours ago, striderman said:

try secretsasia.com

Thanks for the link. My guess that is the domain they set up to point to the server hosting the upgraded forum software and we're catching the switch over in the early hours of going live. If tech support is on the ball, and once they come up for air on the work they've been doing behind the scenes to switch everything over, they'll probably switch the other domain names to point to the new server.

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Thanks for the link. My guess that is the domain they set up to point to the server hosting the upgraded forum software and we're catching the switch over in the early hours of going live. If tech support is on the ball, and once they come up for air on the work they've been doing behind the scenes to switch everything over, they'll probably switch the other domain names to point to the new server.

on_the_ball.jpg 
Funny :) ... great moderators, but tech support ... not so much.

TPC domain was lost for one reason or another (still registered till 29-jun-2018 and last bill paid 27-feb-2016), Being on the ball would hardly be the reason, hence three months of data not having been backed up was lost.
PS was a quick fall back so not to release SA too soon, which IMO would have been a better choice.
Top of the heap goofed ... twice.

Archived