IGNORED

The Pattaya Club - No access

Pumpuynarak

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is currently a skeleton version of the board running ...

Don't understand why it's even appeared online.

I think the version available was the last time it was backed up so they have lost about 4 months of posts, They also have not upgraded it to the new version yet.

They said they were upgrading it and that was the excuse for it being offline!!!

signaturesml.jpg.764ff137c2c3de0437af6705465cff7f.jpg   

Android APP       iPhone APP

3 minutes ago, peter.storm said:

I think the version available was the last time it was backed up so they have lost about 4 months of posts, They also have not upgraded it to the new version yet.

They said they were upgrading it and that was the excuse for it being offline!!!

Don't they have any boardies who could help them?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, peter.storm said:

Think they only got part of the data restored as of May. I posted almost every month to the underpass construction thread and that thread's last post now is from January. There's also quite a few posts missing from months earlier than that.

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Think they only got part of the data restored as of May. I posted almost every month to the underpass construction thread and that thread's last post now is from January. There's also quite a few posts missing from months earlier than that.

The rumor seemed to be that they had not paid the server guys and it was switched off suddenly. May was probably the last backup downloaded so many posts since then may be lost permanently 

43 minutes ago, peter.storm said:

The rumor seemed to be that they had not paid the server guys and it was switched off suddenly. May was probably the last backup downloaded so many posts since then may be lost permanently 

that was what i heard near the end of july before the great switch off

18 minutes ago, striderman said:

that was what i heard near the end of july before the great switch off

That would explain why i couldn't find any server files on the pattaya club domain and i found them on Secrets domain..

It looks like the IPS old core software is installed without anything else installed which is a good place to be for an upgrade.

1 hour ago, peter.storm said:

Posts are missing from before that date too. Must not have been a full backup that they restored from. Perhaps a corrupted incremental backup was used.

According to a post on the skeleton TPC, the entire forum is being compressed using the GZIP program. Once compressed, it will be moved to a different server. I'm just relaying what I have read. There was no estimate of when the process will be complete.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

20 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

According to a post on the skeleton TPC, the entire forum is being compressed using the GZIP program. Once compressed, it will be moved to a different server. I'm just relaying what I have read. There was no estimate of when the process will be complete.

Evil

Don't think that is quite right mate, I believe Gzip is a compression for the data to flow faster from the database to the user. 

It seems that this version was a backup that was taken in May. If this is used the posts made between May and September will be lost. 

It would appear that a backup was not made prior to the big switch off for some reason!!! 

It may be reindexing the available dbase in preparation for the software upgrade that ben said was coming at great expense!! It only costs $90 for 6 months to have full support from IPB and to have the latest version available for download!! 

Well i can't get access by using www.pattayasecrets.com anymore, anyone else having a problem ?

40 minutes ago, penboy said:

pattayasecrets.com works fine for me just now

Thanks, yes me too now but initially it would'nt let me access it. 

10 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks, yes me too now but initially it would'nt let me access it. 

not much happening post wise

46 minutes ago, hauhinbin said:

not much happening post wise

Yes, but i do wonder how many know of the site name change to enable access.

4 minutes ago, sexy man said:

i accessed it today see dan tech support has left Secrets and says the new guy fucked it up

Yes i too read that. It does seem to be taking an awful long time to sort out the problems. You no doubt have also seen Ben's post.

yes i read bens explanation

it seems you can only access the forum with a desktop im a mate of big john and he cant access it at all with his laptop

any holes a goal

20 minutes ago, sexy man said:

it seems you can only access the forum with a desktop im a mate of big john and he cant access it at all with his laptop

How bizarre......

1 hour ago, sexy man said:

all i have is a laptop. i had some problems and had to get in via google rather than just entering the web address

Archived