IGNORED

Easy way to lose fat

Bartle

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullshit and sheer stupidity. 

It works. I did it, like many others. By depriving your body of carbs you switch over to burning fat. 

Actually, I found a slightly easier way. In the morning stay off anything but proetin - eat a couple of eggs fried in olive oil. You don't get hungry in the way. Don't eat lunch. Eat something Paleo for dinner. Stay off snacks.

1 minute ago, Bartle said:

It works. I did it, like many others. By depriving your body of carbs you switch over to burning fat. 

Actually, I found a slightly easier way. In the morning stay off anything but proetin - eat a couple of eggs fried in olive oil. You don't get hungry in the way. Don't eat lunch. Eat something Paleo for dinner. Stay off snacks.

Huh, you say you did it - but then you talking about eating eggs and paleao for dinner - so you did eat food, while this video is talking about consuming nothing but water for 28 days - not the low carb diet you just described

I did 21 days with no food, just drinking water. Then I went travelling around various places and put on a few kilos - not back to where I was. I tried out the protein thing subsequently. When you are burning fat your pee has a distinctive smell. The "easy way" I found seems to work well for me.

1 hour ago, Bartle said:

I did 21 days with no food, just drinking water. 

You accomplished absolutely nothing other than to further slow your metabolism. Now when the weight comes back -- and it will -- you will become heavier than ever. 

I haven't watched the video and don't intend to, thus my first response. Total bullshit and I could tell that at a glance.

You are either very young or very stupid. 

What do your statements mean except that you don't understand something you won't look into? 

Where did you pluck the idea that the weight will come back heavier than ever? I did this in May. I was fat. Now I am slim. I know a lot of people who did this - we did this at the same time. There are many advantages over and above the weight loss. For a start, it changes your relationship with food. You will notice that you eat out of boredom. That is something I stopped doing after this fast. I didn't have to think about that. It just happened.

Have a look at some of the water fasting forums

http://www.curezone.org/forums/f.asp?f=335

Fasting for such a long period of time can have massive effects on your health. It can weaken the bones too making you more prone to injury. Also fasting in such a way slows the metabolism right down. It's the body's way of saving energy. This can sometimes last way past your diet phase so once you go back to your normal diet your body is more likely to store fat as it will still be in a catabolic phase. Of course a fasting diet might work for some people and yield great results but for most it's dangerous and won't have a great effect in the long run.

Look into Clenbuterol it's a mild stimulant and steroid that's usually used by asthma sufferers. It actively burns fat cells and speeds up the metabolism. Using this along with a calorific defect diet while cutting carbs and fat is actually a safer way than fasting. 

Clen has no real side effects atall abart from loss of appetite and a sort of shakey feeling for the first couple of days. Worked for me I lost a 12lbs of body fat in 5 weeks and kept almost all of my muscle mass.

Fasting in such a way will cause catabolic effects on the muscles and cause muscle to waste away before fat does. As the body prefers to use muscle rather than fat for energy reserves! 

12 hours ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

Fasting for such a long period of time can have massive effects on your health. It can weaken the bones too making you more prone to injury. Also fasting in such a way slows the metabolism right down. It's the body's way of saving energy. This can sometimes last way past your diet phase so once you go back to your normal diet your body is more likely to store fat as it will still be in a catabolic phase. Of course a fasting diet might work for some people and yield great results but for most it's dangerous and won't have a great effect in the long run.

Look into Clenbuterol it's a mild stimulant and steroid that's usually used by asthma sufferers. It actively burns fat cells and speeds up the metabolism. Using this along with a calorific defect diet while cutting carbs and fat is actually a safer way than fasting. 

Clen has no real side effects atall abart from loss of appetite and a sort of shakey feeling for the first couple of days. Worked for me I lost a 12lbs of body fat in 5 weeks and kept almost all of my muscle mass.

Fasting in such a way will cause catabolic effects on the muscles and cause muscle to waste away before fat does. As the body prefers to use muscle rather than fat for energy reserves! 

Well, clen does have one bad side effect and that is on your potassium storage. It's easily handled of course. But many is not beware of it and do not prevent it as well. Apart from that the new clean is out of the shaking hands and increased heart beating. 

It's basic common sense, eat less calories than you take in, to lose weight and fat. Yet, something many people around the world cannot accept as part of losing weight. People would rather look for shortcuts like take a magic pill, or think that just because they did one hour on the elliptical they can stuff themselves rest of day on junk.

This is the reason why I lose weight/fat in Pattaya. I just don't eat as much as I do back home, and I walk darned everywhere in the hot weather. Easy to lose weight that way.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Its kind of unhealthy, i did this back in the days not intentionally but because I was very sick and had no appetite during training for weeks... Finally 6 weeks later when I felt better I blew up so quickly because my metabolism was so  slow from barely eating. anything taken to an extreme is usually unhealthy. Eat more often but less intake each meal is usually better as long as you are working out as well. I have lost 8kilos in about 2 months but I gained muscle mass and feeling better, its a slow process but better than fasting.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

A lot of people, including many health professionals are not up on the latest research on fasting/intermittent fasting (IF).

For those that have access to academic data bases there is quite a few good studies to read. For others who don't I would direct you to Dr Jason Fung, a nefrologist who runs a large diabetes clinic in the US.

Health benefits are overwhelming & the theory around slower metabolism, muscle catobalisation are not applicable when you look at the science & the research.

Now in saying that, in this current day when belief seems to trump science & research, that may not be convincing to many :)

I'll make this as simple as I possibly can. 

Your metabolism either runs fast (like when you were a kid) or it runs slow. The older you get the slower it runs.

A slow metabolism doesn't burn calories like a fast metabolism. A slow metabolism turns those calories into body fat.

Long fasts will do nothing positive (in the long run) when it comes to losing and keeping off body fat. Long fasts simply help to further slow the metabolism. 

Eating several small meals a day will increase the rate at which your metabolism runs. It's like training a muscle. It's for the long haul. 

Despite this being pretty widespread knowledge, there are still (and there are always will be) people coming up with "miracle" ways to lose weight. 

Work on increasing your metabolism and everything else will take care of itself.

8 years of tertiary study in the health sciences & research on this subject would contradict you Brian , but feel free to follow your "belief", I'll choose to go with current research.

Only reason I commented was that the OP obviously was happy with the result & people were shooting him down without any reputable references.

I have given 1 reputable source, easily found.

No skin of my nose what people choose to believe & not interested in getting into a back & forth on this forum or comparing our papers.

10 minutes ago, Shaggydog67 said:

8 years of tertiary study in the health sciences & research on this subject would contradict you Brian , but feel free to follow your "belief", I'll choose to go with current research.

Only reason I commented was that the OP obviously was happy with the result & people were shooting him down without any reputable references.

I have given 1 reputable source, easily found.

No skin of my nose what people choose to believe & not interested in getting into a back & forth on this forum or comparing our papers.

So from your background of tertiary study and current research are you saying you would recommend 21 days with zero food? If you do is that with usual work and exercise routine?

Anybody feel like stuffing a cheeseburger in his mouth to shut him up?

At 40 I walked away from a seriously dysfunctional marriage.  I was 5'7" and 195 lbs and 44" waistline.  I let the wife keep the car and found an apartment a 45 minute walk to the train station for my one hour commute to work. At the work end it was a 15 minute walk to the office.  Repeat in reverse at the end of work.  Walked briskly but not forced fast.  Three months later I was 160 lbs and 36" waistline.  Ate whatever I wanted, but did avoid the fast food drive-ups because I did not have a car.  Definitely did not diet.

Bought an SUV eventually and put it all back on again.

Intermittent fasting is good. Restrict calories to 600 for 2 or 3 days per week. 

I've found this much easier to do than daily calorie restriction, which I don't have the willpower for. And with 600 calories to eat in a day it is surprising that you can eat quite a bit of nutritious, filling, satisfying food. 

I've encountered multiple benefits compared to a standard approach to dieting. 

I don't feel the need for any sort of water fast or even an extended 600 calorie "fast" beyond about 3 days. 

I get the  benefits of fasting without the health risks of this sort of fasting.

fried of mine, late 70's looks 50 and has lots of energy, he does a couple of 10 day fruit/vegetable fasts a year, and once every year of two goes to a place where you basically dont eat for a week, a bit of juice then they add in more juice and some nuts etc, no food, for the next three weeks.   He comes out like a new man, all pain gone, lots of energy etc.   Wish I could do it but damn

Told me its better than being frail and sick and dying.......not so sure but it works for him

I can only speak from experience.  I was in a coma and then laid up with zero appetite for about 2-3 months.  I lost about 30 pounds (14 kilos).  Nothing as dramatic as this photo shows.  Also, most of my weight loss was in muscle not fat.  Seems the body considers fasting a drastic problem and tries to conserve all the fat stores it can for last ditch survival.  Instead it eats the muscle tissue.  

Who knows.  They did "feed me" intravenously so I can only speak to personal experience.  Pretty sure with no research or doctoral study this concept of 28 days fasting isn't very smart.

These videos and photo types i have a theory they switch them i.e. day 1 slim fit, day 28 fat. They get paid for it and its easy to get fat quickly

On 22/08/2017 at 9:29 AM, Tarl said:

So from your background of tertiary study and current research are you saying you would recommend 21 days with zero food? If you do is that with usual work and exercise routine?

Well I definitely would NOT give clinical advice on this or any other forum.

If it is something you are considering it would be wise to consult your doctor & do some research.

There can be issues with hypoglycemia, as well as any medical conditions you may have, so while there are definitely health benefits it is important to be informed.

Archived