IGNORED

Logistics question for Soi 6, 7, and 8.

Hotlanta

I enjoyed Soi 6, 7, and 8 a lot, and want to book a hotel nearby one or the other. But which is better for logistics of getting around?  If im on Soi 6, I can bahtbus down to 7 and 8, but thatd mean late at night id have to taxi to my hotel each time due to Central road being in the way right?

Then if I stay by Soi 7 and 8 area, id have to take a taxi every time I want to visit Soi 6?

So im wondering if one location is better than the other as far as taxi/baht bussing logistics. Humidity kills me so Id like to avoid walking as much as possible.  (Last time I stayed on Chaiyapoon/LK Metro and the walk to Soi 7 and 8 was annoying so I want to stay closer to my favorite streets this time)

EDIT:  Forgot the baht bus goes past Soi 6, was thinking they turned left on Central.

I'm spending time on Soi 8 right now and always baht bussing back and forth from Soi 6.  I notice the motorbike taxis more on Soi 7 and 8 as they seem to be constantly around.  Compared with the area you stayed in before, there's definitely much less walking involved. The ride to Soi 6 is almost always a long one but it seems like no time to get to Soi 7 and 8.

8 minutes ago, Crushed said:

I'm spending time on Soi 8 right now and always baht bussing back and forth from Soi 6

Are you saying you can baht bus to 6 from soi 8?  Dont most baht busses turn left on Central?  Or are you using 2 baht busses?

Thanks.

Edit:  hmm I guess they do go up past 6 till North road.  In that case logistics would work for either location. 

You got it, Hotlanta. Logistics are easy in either location. 5 minutes and 10 baht.

Personally, I would stay near Soi 7&8 for the wider selection of hotels, bars and restaurants. Soi 6 is 5 minutes away when you get the urge.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

5 hours ago, Hotlanta said:

Are you saying you can baht bus to 6 from soi 8?  Dont most baht busses turn left on Central?  Or are you using 2 baht busses?

Thanks.

Edit:  hmm I guess they do go up past 6 till North road.  In that case logistics would work for either location. 

They sometimes turn into Pattaya Klang from second road on the Soi 8 to Soi 6 trip which does force you take two baht buses but it doesn't happen very often.  

I've never experienced one turning from beach road on the trip from Soi Six

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 15:44, Crushed said:

They sometimes turn into Pattaya Klang from second road on the Soi 8 to Soi 6 trip which does force you take two baht buses but it doesn't happen very often.  

I've never experienced one turning from beach road on the trip from Soi six

if a north bound driver on second rd is intending to turn left at klang ..........central pattaya rd.............he is unlikely to bother stopping at  soi 8 or 7 as they are pretty close. it can happen sometimes if you have picked it up further south but worst way it's 2 buses x 10 bht.

Archived