IGNORED

Here’s How to Get Unlimited In-Flight Wi-Fi for $10 per Month

LTGTR

3 hours ago, LTGTR said:

May appeal to some of you.

Yes this does appeal to me. I just finished reading the link.

I fly with Delta and their charge for a 24 hour Global wifi usage pass is $28 so a round trip would cost $56. So my Delta cost for my 4 trips would be $224 per year if I wanted to spend that much for wifi on the plane, which I don't. Looks they have a contract with Gogo WiFi which Delta uses on their flights.

I have connected to Delta's WiFi on both domestic and international with the Delta app, but without paying that is the only access you have. The speed was good. You can also connect to the Delta Studio to stream the on-

LTGTR, have you tried this yet?

If this does work and better yet, if you could do it as needed on have to do a full year and do on a monthly bases, would even be better.

Thanks for the "link".

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

9 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Yes this does appeal to me. I just finished reading the link.

I fly with Delta and their charge for a 24 hour Global wifi usage pass is $28 so a round trip would cost $56. So my Delta cost for my 4 trips would be $224 per year if I wanted to spend that much for wifi on the plane, which I don't. Looks they have a contract with Gogo WiFi which Delta uses on their flights.

I have connected to Delta's WiFi on both domestic and international with the Delta app, but without paying that is the only access you have. The speed was good. You can also connect to the Delta Studio to stream the on-

LTGTR, have you tried this yet?

If this does work and better yet, if you could do it as needed on have to do a full year and do on a monthly bases, would even be better.

Thanks for the "link".

LeoTex

Not yet. I don't have a trip until early September but it looks promising.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

The only downside I see is that you can only connect one device per plan so you can't switch between your cellphone and laptop which kind of sucks.

9 hours ago, hioctane said:

The only downside I see is that you can only connect one device per plan so you can't switch between your cellphone and laptop which kind of sucks.

For me using wifi that long of a plane ride,  would prefer something a little larger than a cellphone. The screen is just to small to stream a movie or be able to see all the page on a website..

I would ready like to use my laptop, when on the plane and then use my tablet while on the ground in Pattaya, so only given one device, I will opt for my tablet.

I'm going to give it a try in September on Delta and will report back how it went.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

For me using wifi that long of a plane ride,  would prefer something a little larger than a cellphone. The screen is just to small to stream a movie or be able to see all the page on a website..
I would ready like to use my laptop, when on the plane and then use my tablet while on the ground in Pattaya, so only given one device, I will opt for my tablet.
I'm going to give it a try in September on Delta and will report back how it went.
LeoTex 
A lot of the messaging apps are only available on a smartphone app. While I agree about using the laptop, but after I get bored, I like turning off the laptop and messaging girls on the phone. Most of the airline wifi let's you log off and log back on to a different device.

26 minutes ago, hioctane said:
33 minutes ago, LeoTex said:
LeoTex 

A lot of the messaging apps are only available on a smartphone app. While I agree about using the laptop, but after I get bored, I like turning off the laptop and messaging girls on the phone. Most of the airline wifi let's you log off and log back on to a different device.

That's true, I have used smartphone, tablet and laptop on "Gogo WiFi" on Delta on the same flight. I do have the LINE app on my tablet as well as many others. I have Nook reader, but have both the Nook and Kindle app on my tablet. When on the plane wifi, I can buy a e-reader book and download it.

LeoTex

• 3 weeks later...

I just used it on a China Airlines flight. You can "activate" the service on other devices. Once you connect on one, it will deactive on another. I did not end up using it on my tablet much though. The internet was just too slow. It is not the fault of this service though. BTW, it was a bit frustrating to connect initially. I think the method that worked was to connect to the wifi and then you need to select ipass as the connection method. It will ask for some password which you can ignore and you should be good to go.

Archived