IGNORED

Central Festival AirAsia van

Explorer8939

I know this van exists, but I can't seem to book it on the Air Asia web site, even though I pick a date when my flight is departing UTP, the web site tells me that I can't leave from Central Festival . Anyone booked this recently?

Edit: this only seems to happen for flights to Kuala Lumpur.

I flew UTP-KL on AA last year and had the same problem.  The Central Festival departures seemed to be mostly for the China flights, and was unavailable for the KL flight. I took a shared ride to UTP with Crane Company, but I don't know if they still offer this service. 

Just go go the outside north side of Central Festival and speak to the vendors there. They do sell tickets there. I asked one of those guys last week since I'm going to Utapao to fly to Phuket with Air Asia on my next trip.  

Remember AirAsia are actually multiple companies...so maybe the KL ticket is with AA Indonesia and the van is with AA Thai or something :)

https://www.airasia.com/la/en/about-us/corporate-profile.page

Often silly things like that seen with large umbrella groups...totally daft but understandable.

go to talk to the Air Asia van driver at the side of Central Festival for the time and day of departure there.  Cost is 250b for one way.  I am leaving to Chiang Mai next Thursday.  Driver told me to be there at 4PM .  Van leaves to Utapao at 4:30PM.  I would never, repeat , never take the Air Asia van, or any van, from Utapao to Central Festival, the return. Too fucking long, wait for them to fill van with passengers before leaving, dealing with that bullshit. Best to hire taxi and pay the 800 b to return back to Central Pattaya immediately instead of waiting, waiting , and more waiting. I did that too many times, i am a fucking slow learner. hehe

Archived