IGNORED

Opinions on VT 6 Condo

legalis

Coming back to Pattaya  for my 3rd trip in 2 years. Love the central location on the beach so looking at VT6. Stayed there for my first trip. Looking at this

http://dancewatchers.com/vt6_24-941.html

Can get it for 45000baht + Utilities for the whole month, What are peoples opinions? Anyone stayed in this type of room before? I like the condo style, little bit more privacy. Previously stayed at Avani an it was great, could bypass anyone if you want but cant really justify $100+ per night if i'm staying 30+ days.

Coming back to Pattaya  for my 3rd trip in 2 years. Love the central location on the beach so looking at VT6. Stayed there for my first trip. Looking at this

Can get it for 45000baht + Utilities for the whole month, What are peoples opinions? Anyone stayed in this type of room before? I like the condo style, little bit more privacy. Previously stayed at Avani an it was great, could bypass anyone if you want but cant really justify $100+ per night if i'm staying 30+ days.
I stayed in a room similar on one of my trips and loved it. Especially the mirrors right beside the bed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, legalis said:

Can get it for 45000baht + Utilities for the whole month, What are peoples opinions? Anyone stayed in this type of room before? I like the condo style, little bit more privacy. Previously stayed at Avani and an it was great, could bypass anyone if you want but cant really justify $100+ per night if i'm staying 30+ days.

Use the search function. Loads of threads on view talay 6.

i stayed in view talay before- one room on central side, other room on Walking Street  

the room on Walking Street was a bit older but I preferred it, as I could sit out on the balcony reading for a few hours + nice view  and quiet ( noisy on the other side) 

This looks like a good room but it's on on the central festival side. If you open the doors, there will be noise from air conditioning units below ( may not be an issue for  you) 

How did you get this place for B45000 a month, looks to be a bargain at that price!

This is an ideal location at VT6 . It is on the cooler side of the building and high enough so Central Festival fans are not loud and  has the view of the water .  

I managed to get it by bargaining.  It hasn't rented for a while, and I pointed this out, and offered 45k which I said I felt was a fair price. Dancewatchers agreed. I have to pay $1000 baht for exit clean and water and electricity, but I just booked it :) I don't think the noise is there at lvl 24.

1 hour ago, legalis said:

I managed to get it by bargaining.  It hasn't rented for a while, and I pointed this out, and offered 45k which I said I felt was a fair price. Dancewatchers agreed. I have to pay $1000 baht for exit clean and water and electricity, but I just booked it :) I don't think the noise is there at lvl 24.

Well done, more of us should adopt a bargaining position, might force some of the greedy owners to realize that a lesser sum is better than an empty unit!:Clap8:

10 minutes ago, twicestung said:

Well done, more of us should adopt a bargaining position, might force some of the greedy owners to realize that a lesser sum is better than an empty unit!:Clap8:

This is western thinking.  Here in Thailand sound business decision is often trumped by Thai logic.  I know of many units that are sitting empty (some for well over a year) and yet owners are unwilling to rent at a fair price, fair price being what similar units in the building are rented or have rented in the past.  I asked about the rationale behind the unrealistic rent expectation and the explanation I was given is that if the owner rents at a discounted amount, they will lose out in case someone rents at the full asking price in the future.  So they keep waiting and waiting for that clueless renter to show up.

Yes, many threads here on VT6, do search and get familiar with some important FYI things there.  Short answer is Yes, 45K for that 96Sqm is a great price.

VT6 is a great location and building IMO.  There will always be better and certainly worse.  

I have stayed there in 48sqm and also 96 through various companies.  I would not pay big amounts more for a 96 over a 48, but again, the price you got is just a bit higher than the 48s anyway.

Caution, many overlook how much it can cost to run a/c, especially in a bigger unit like that.  Water is not an issue, but elec can add up.  Rooms cool of quickly upon turning a/c on, sop don't leave it running when you are out-unless you have a big wallet.  DW will take you to and show you meter-take a photo for your own reference anyway. I found that in a 96 running just one a/c unit was enough for my taste.  

DW is a quality outfit to rent from.  PM me if you want more specifics on anything else.

Enjoy your whole month, Bro.  

13 hours ago, legalis said:

I stayed on the 25th floor. Like I said before,  It's only an issue if you like sitting out on the balcony . That's the room I stayed in on central side

http://dancewatchers.com/view_talay_6_pattaya_25-987.html

A working girl I was with recently said she'd been in rooms on every floor.......!!! But she doesn't like the building, she says very few customers walk her out of the building and because the corridors are so empty she was always scared leaving.

so please walk your girls out!

33 minutes ago, Pinoydave said:

A Working Girl I was with recently said she'd been in rooms on every floor.......!!! But she doesn't like the building, she says very few customers walk her out of the building and because the corridors are so empty she was always scared leaving.

so please walk your girls out!

You joke, yes? I ask because every stunning girl I have barfined the previous night miraculously transforms into a fugly by the following morning, and nobody wants to been seen 'out and about' with one of them.

Stayed in a couple units in VT6, one was OK but felt a bit ripped off when my deposit was not forthcoming on departure day. The other unit was so poorly maintained that the toilet seat was not attached to the commode and when I requested it be fixed was greeted with smirks. Same unit had a nice balcony with view and   very worn table and chairs; first time I sat in the chair the composition material was so rotted that it collapsed---and, no, I do not weigh in at 250 lbs! Generally the room was big with a good view but maintenance left a lot to be desired. Bit of a crapshoot when renting there---lots of traffic and maintenance depends on who you are renting from. 

2 hours ago, blix99 said:

Stayed in a couple units in VT6, one was OK but felt a bit ripped off when my deposit was not forthcoming on departure day. The other unit was so poorly maintained that the toilet seat was not attached to the commode and when I requested it be fixed was greeted with smirks. Same unit had a nice balcony with view and   very worn table and chairs; first time I sat in the chair the composition material was so rotted that it collapsed---and, no, I do not weigh in at 250 lbs! Generally the room was big with a good view but maintenance left a lot to be desired. Bit of a crapshoot when renting there---lots of traffic and maintenance depends on who you are renting from. 

Sharing who you rented from during this experience will be a great help for fellow mongers

1 hour ago, socrates said:

Is this (45k per month) before the taxes they add on or after?

Op said it is thru DW, all the time I rented from them, there was never a tax add-on, the price given was an all inclusive, but a good idea to double check this with them, Op. 

Also, in past when I rented from DW, the deposit was used at the end (day of or 1 prior to departure) and deducted from the utility and water cost.  Most times they end up giving me back a few hundred baht and always show me the meter calculation.

Price includes tax. Only extra's are 1000baht exit clean, and water and electricity. I chose not to have a maid service, the unit comes with multiple towels and sheets, and I'm not paying 8k for a maid 2x a week. DW did say they didn't expect my offer to be accepted because if Thai pride lol, but I put in a convincing argument.

16 hours ago, legalis said:

Price includes tax. Only extra's are 1000baht exit clean, and water and electricity. I chose not to have a maid service, the unit comes with multiple towels and sheets, and I'm not paying 8k for a maid 2x a week. DW did say they didn't expect my offer to be accepted because if Thai pride lol, but I put in a convincing argument.

16 hours ago, legalis said:

I E-mailed for a Nov/Dec quote on same room, no reply as ye, also for 1 month.

Stay with Honeys-

excellent service, always ask and get extra towels, maid service/ cleaning on demand, many condos have a washing machine, or honeys laundry service also downstairs- no issues- always perfect.

7 hours ago, twicestung said:

I E-mailed for a Nov/Dec quote on same room, no reply as ye, also for 1 month.

If its anything like my interaction, they will ask you to supply an offer.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:09 PM, George810 said:

Sharing who you rented from during this experience will be a great help for fellow mongers

Op said it is thru DW, all the time I rented from them, there was never a tax add-on, the price given was an all inclusive, but a good idea to double check this with them, Op. 

Also, in past when I rented from DW, the deposit was used at the end (day of or 1 prior to departure) and deducted from the utility and water cost.  Most times they end up giving me back a few hundred baht and always show me the meter calculation.

Deposit was with DW---could have been inadvertent or a misunderstanding. Second was from Honey and can not find any excuses for the poor condition of the place---badly needed maintenance attention.

On 10/08/2017 at 1:31 PM, socrates said:

Is this (45k per month) before the taxes they add on or after?

Think we've had this discussion somewhere else, but here goes. I have rented from DW'ers at least 10 times now and as recently as 4 weeks ago. Last time was for 22 days and my bill was 34,350

The bill was 22 nights X 1500 ( the room rate ) = 33,000

Add their 1000 baht restoration fee = 34,000

So I can only assume the 350 is this tax ?

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Absolute bargain for that condo OP, well done mate.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived