IGNORED

LK Empress - should I care if I have a city side room in terms of noise?

and_d

Don't really care about what the view is etc. - wondering if I should pay a little more for a pool side room.

I had the pool view room last week, i was 6 floors up ( 3 above the pool ) 

was pleasantly surprised , also had a pretty awesome Seaview as well, 

i personally would pay the extra again , no idea what the noise is like in the other rooms but wasn't an issue for me 

8 hours ago, KiwiScottie said:

I had the pool view room last week, i was 6 floors up ( 3 above the pool ) 

was pleasantly surprised , also had a pretty awesome Seaview as well, 

i personally would pay the extra again , no idea what the noise is like in the other rooms but wasn't an issue for me 

Ok thanks for the comments!  I'll switch

When I stayed there I was in their cheapest room and had a view of Mike Shopping Mall wall, which was ok because there was no road noise. Although the walls were slightly thin, and I heard boom boom from a neighboring room. My friend paid for the pool view and like kiwiscottie got a sea view to. 

On 8/9/2017 at 11:32 AM, mrblueeyes555 said:

When I stayed there I was in their cheapest room and had a view of Mike Shopping Mall wall, which was ok because there was no road noise. Although the walls were slightly thin, and I heard boom boom from a neighboring room. My friend paid for the pool view and like kiwiscottie got a sea view to. 

Thanks for the feedback!

I think the issue with thin walls is common?  I feel like I read that for most of the hotels I've checked ha

On 8/10/2017 at 11:58 PM, and_d said:

Thanks for the feedback!

I think the issue with thin walls is common?  I feel like I read that for most of the hotels I've checked ha

Here are the hotels I have stayed in:

Walking Street Guest House, Hilton, VT6, Bay Breeze, The Base condo, Queen Victoria, Penthouse, Areca, LK Renaissance

Non of them had thin walls but you could definitely hear boom boom through the doors as you were walking by.  Walking Street guest house was  good if you choose a back room with low noise from Walking Street.  Same for Queen Vic.  I thought it would be much louder noise coming from Soi 6 considering I had a balcony room facing the 6.

Said all of that to say while some hotels may have thinner walls, I haven't experienced it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

So I stayed at the Empress - I wouldn't say it's a big problem.  I mean I never heard boom boom from any adjacent room - maybe they heard me?  hah.  There were a few times that it was annoying...

1)  During the day the staff is pretty active and can be heard talking to each other

2)  Someone was playing loud music my last night there - immediately after it started I yelled "you got to be fucking kidding me" and the person lowered the volume lol.  I actually didn't mean to yell it out but worked!

I also stayed in the Empress once. No problem with noise, not from adjacent room, nor from the city.

i however will not return there. In my view poor price-quality ratio, with outdated rooms and bathrooms with hardly any light.

3 minutes ago, jumbos said:

I also stayed in the Empress once. No problem with noise, not from adjacent room, nor from the city.

i however will not return there. In my view poor price-quality ratio, with outdated rooms and bathrooms with hardly any light.

Yes I do not intend to return either.   I stayed at 247 Boutique and the girls I brought back for LT didn't seem to give two shits between the two hotels.

The room decor I thought would bother me but I just didn't care while I was there.  It's not like we live there anyway.  Agree on the bathroom though - I found that both places I stayed at had this lighting issue.  Also the mirror in both were too far - not good for shaving if you need to shave pretty much every day like I do.

The one nice thing though is the pool - I did have a girl with me that I liked at the pool.  I'd probably make sure to have a nice pool at least for my next stay.

I booked LK Empress for my next trip and you guys did not sound favoring it much. Should I cancel it and book 247 Boutique and save the $25 per night ? Did you like 247 Boutique enough to come back ?

1 hour ago, h.harris said:
I booked LK Empress for my next trip and you guys did not sound favoring it much. Should I cancel it and book 247 Boutique and save the $25 per night ? Did you like 247 Boutique enough to come back ?

The hotel was fine overall.  I don't have any major complaints besides laundry being pretty expensive so I would probably try to go somewhere else.  Otherwise, it's in a good location if you want to be close to Walking Street.   Cost wise not so bad too if you want a pool.   The bathroom lighting issue / distance from mirror was also an issue at 247.

As for 247, I'm not saying you should stay there instead.  Some may not like being on Soi Honey and having to walk by massage places every day ahah.   I wasn't much of a fan of it myself.  I would probably try some place new instead of staying at either the next time I go but try to find a place that has laundry near by.

6 hours ago, and_d said:

So I stayed at the Empress - I wouldn't say it's a big problem.  I mean I never heard boom boom from any adjacent room - maybe they heard me?  hah.  There were a few times that it was annoying...

1)  During the day the staff is pretty active and can be heard talking to each other

2)  Someone was playing loud music my last night there - immediately after it started I yelled "you got to be fucking kidding me" and the person lowered the volume lol.  I actually didn't mean to yell it out but worked!

haha it's always good if other people can hear your boom boom, but not when you can here others, although when I did at the Empress it made me go out, as I was planning on having a night off, and I bar fined a girl from Timbar, so done me a favor, as I realized I would have been missing out.

I don't remember noise problems with noise from staff at The Empress, but had noise issues from staff at their sister hotel LK Meteropole when I stayed there. I was amused by the sight of my naked LLT barfine getting up having a rage down the phone at the reception staff, telling them to shut the chambermaids up. I think she was extra angry because I had tipped the chambermaids the day before, and felt this money should have been going her way haha

45 minutes ago, mrblueeyes555 said:

haha it's always good if other people can hear your boom boom, but not when you can here others, although when I did at the Empress it made me go out, as I was planning on having a night off, and I bar fined a girl from Timbar, so done me a favor, as I realized I would have been missing out.

I don't remember noise problems with noise from staff at The Empress, but had noise issues from staff at their sister hotel LK Meteropole when I stayed there. I was amused by the sight of my naked LLT barfine getting up having a rage down the phone at the reception staff, telling them to shut the chambermaids up. I think she was extra angry because I had tipped the chambermaids the day before, and felt this money should have been going her way haha

Hah yeah - I remember it being like 8am and my banging was moving the bed a lot.  I tried to not let that happen as much but after a while did not care lol

I really didn't do much during the day.  Usually LT was with me till early afternoon then I'd head out to Wicked early evening.   Because of this, I usually was around when the staff were cleaning out rooms and could hear them talking.  Also, there seemed to be general work being done to something in the hotel so heard some of that as well but not enough to be completely annoyed by it

• 1 month later...

I stayed in a pool view back in March.  The attached picture is from my room's balcony.  I will say for the price the furnishings were a bit on the frayed side.  As another poster mentioned the laundry service was on the pricey side.  The elevators were a bit rickety too.  The service staff I thought was good and they served a pretty good breakfast.  In my book you cannot beat the location, but to be honest if you know the baht bus routes there are few hotels in Central Patttaya that are not in a good location.  The soi side of the hotel is fairly quit as there is only one very small bar on that said soi.  There was no construction going on when I was there. The biggest downside was really having to see a fat lady sunbathing topless by  the pool whenever I decided to sit out on the balcony.

IMG_0012.JPG

Archived