IGNORED

Anyone Stayed at the Garden Beer Bar Guest House

glenjean

I am seriously considering staying at the Garden Beer Bar guesthouse because the location is great for me. What are the rooms like? What’s the management like? Do they run a decent Guesthouse?  I will be training daily at the fitness center that's inside of the Avenue Mall so it’s very close, additionally I would have access to baht buses on Soi Boaukhaw and a short walk to 2nd road through the Avenue Mall for baht buses there also. Soi Diana and the LK Metro area is a very short walk away with all the bars and restaurants available also.

The biggest issue that concerns me is how "QUITE" this area is at late night hours. How "QUITE " is this small short Soi at night? I like to stay in a quite & peaceful area, yet still be close to everything and have easy access to transportation also. I fully realize that there will be some noise and parties and loud music occasionally being this close to many bars and such; however I don't want partying and loud music each and every night after 12 am.  any information that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have stayed here twice before. It is a nice guesthouse. The rooms are very nice in my opinion for want you pay. Noise at night was not an issue for me here because it is a quiet soi. Thats one of the reasons i stayed here. Sometimes they will have a party in the bar downstairs and you will have a little noise from that but apart from that i found it very good. Ask for a room on the top floor if you don't mind walking up 3 flights of stairs. They are the quietest rooms

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

One thing to note. I stayed in june for two weeks and they were renovating a building across the soi from it so there was some noise in the morning some days. I would think that renovation is finished by now though

5 hours ago, pattayahead said:

One thing to note. I stayed in june for two weeks and they were renovating a building across the soi from it so there was some noise in the morning some days. I would think that renovation is finished by now though

Baku guesthouse i would think? Another excellent VFM property worth checking out!

also near by is boomerang and hideaway guest house that have good reviews on this site

Baku guesthouse i would think? Another excellent VFM property worth checking out!

Yes i think it was baku. And i saw some photos of the finished rooms on here. They look very nice

They have a website with pics of the room and facebook page http://www.gardenbeerbar.com/

I stayed there a couple of times a few years ago and thought the rooms very good. Like already said sometimes there is parties and weekends seem to be busier with the owners friends when i was there but it didn't seem to go on really late from what i remember

Belgian owner -nice bloke

I stay there right now.

Baku building behind still in construction.

A bit  noisy sometimes 

Yes Carl is the owner with his wife Mooie....both very nice people. 

The only draw back is the LB bar directly across the soi....at times they do get a little rowdy, so be aware of that. 

If your room is on the top floor, the flight of stairs is a bit of a killer.....well for me it was ok...my ladies?....ummm NO! They would always complain 55555

All in all a good place to stay!

BTW, they don't take Credit Card...only cash! 

I'm not sure about quiet, since you (OP) stressed that. I stopped staying at Boomerang in the front facing rooms, (which are huge and very nice) because of how loud the bar was at Garden Beer Bar. Baby Boom, the LB bar across the way was quiet as a church mouse in comparison. 

For full disclosure though, there was some sort of footie / soccer thing going on, but also, Garden Beer Bar was the loudest source of noise, and it seemed like it was all frigging night long.

I also stayed in the front rooms on the 2nd floor. I would go out on the balcony naked and wave to the LB's across the street. That bar was closed for a couple of days for some reason and the peace and quiet was a pleasant change.

I also remember a fair bit of noise coming from the bar downstairs also.

Maybe Boomerang at the end of the street is better ? The rooms/prices seem similar.

I have stayed in this soi a lot. Beside garden bar on both sides.

noise was only an issue one time for a birthday party.

the rooms facing the beach side of the buildings and not the soi side are very quiet.

18 hours ago, felix the cat said:

The only draw back is the LB bar directly across the soi....at times they do get a little rowdy, so be aware of that. 

No more rowdy than the ladyboys working at the GARDEN Bar as 'WAITRESSES' when they are playing pool!

6 hours ago, twicestung said:

No more rowdy than the Ladyboys working at the GARDEN Bar as 'WAITRESSES' when they are playing pool!

I've stayed at the Garden beer bar around 7 times now.....never have i heard loud rowdy noise's coming from downstairs in the early mornings....only the crash of the pool balls from time to time.  

No more rowdy than the ladyboys working at the GARDEN Bar as 'WAITRESSES' when they are playing pool!

There are no ladyboys working in the bar downstairs now. They weren't there in june anyway

Never stayed at this guesthouse but have stayed in the area and they do have a reputation for late nights in the bar with loud music and loud "pool screams2" of the table type, even at 04.00 (4AM) something most bars will not risk but I think the owner believes as he has a guesthouse above he does not have to follow the current rules. It will be interesting to see where this goes particularly with the Baku guesthouse expansion as they now has 5 shop units opposite as well as the re-development of the old I Rovers apartments. A lot of the attraction of this unnamed Soi is that it is full of good cheap accommodation in a quiet location.

9 hours ago, pattayahead said:

There are no Ladyboys working in the bar downstairs now. They weren't there in june anyway

I was there in the bar in early June & I can assure you there were! Maybe your antenna needs adjusting?

I was there in the bar in early June & I can assure you there were! Maybe your antenna needs adjusting?

I stayed there june 10th to 24th and they definitely didn't have any ladyboys. My friend even asked where they were and one of the ladies working there told him they had left to work elsewhere. Maybe they just left for low season! I can assure you my antenna is well tuned. Lol

Archived