IGNORED

New wheels arrived

Kim Jong Il

Not new as such, but new to me. Just got to get the registration done and ready to ride.

P1030724.JPG

Just been and got the new registration done....another £22 gone!

Bad news was the insurance. Had to start a new policy with zero no claims discount....£65 for the year!

Looks in good nick, how many kms has it done?

They were never known for their good handling or comfort at speed but I bet perfect for Thailand :D

You don't see many big bikes in Thailand, I only had a CBR250 when I did my Mae Hong Son Loop trip with my TGF (hanging on the back, mainly screaming or praying).

Nothing like in the UK where even my VFR1000 can seem slow when you get the big boys out playing!

Have fun and ride safe...

On 25/07/2017 at 17:43, Kim Jong Il said:

Not new as such, but new to me. Just got to get the registration done and ready to ride.

P1030724.JPG

Not a motorbike person myself prefer the safety of 4 wheels but looks very nice.

Had a motorbike when I was kid one of those Yamaha Enduro things had to go back after a week just didn't have hand foot or eye co-ordination to ride it safely and never had one since. Hired a Scooter in Samet and the GF had to take me on the back. I had a little go on it but was wobbling like a drunken sailor.

48 minutes ago, article22 said:

Looks in good nick, how many kms has it done?

They were never known for their good handling or comfort at speed but I bet perfect for Thailand :D

You don't see many big bikes in Thailand, I only had a CBR250 when I did my Mae Hong Son Loop trip with my TGF (hanging on the back, mainly screaming or praying).

Nothing like in the UK where even my VFR1000 can seem slow when you get the big boys out playing!

Have fun and ride safe...

I always fancied one of these or an XJR1300.

Its in pretty good nick for a 2005 bike. Its done 58k kms but by all accounts its not a lot for these. Went straight through its MOT today. I will put a small screen on it to knock off the wind. I haven't ridden for years on the roads so this will be a bit of an adventure. The main thing is was pretty cheap so if I do drop it its not the end of the world.....though I certainly don't want to drop it!

I will only be a very fair weather driver doddering around at 70 or 80 kliks so it will do for me performance wise.

If I want to get a bit adventurous I have a few superbikes in the garage, but I don't think so at my age!

Just noticed you live in Poland I spent a lot of time there for work I was living in the Czech Republic it was in Poland if I remember right in a place called Zabzre that I had my first experience in one of the so called Nightclubs who would of thought that I would have ended up in the Pattaya all those years ago. 

Lifes a funny old game.

^^^^^^^

Zabzre, yes, near Gliwice, about 75 minutes from where I am.

Worked in Czech republic a few times, good place good times.

2 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

I always fancied one of these or an XJR1300.

Its in pretty good nick for a 2005 bike. Its done 58k kms but by all accounts its not a lot for these. Went straight through its MOT today. I will put a small screen on it to knock off the wind. I haven't ridden for years on the roads so this will be a bit of an adventure. The main thing is was pretty cheap so if I do drop it its not the end of the world.....though I certainly don't want to drop it!

I will only be a very fair weather driver doddering around at 70 or 80 kliks so it will do for me performance wise.

If I want to get a bit adventurous I have a few superbikes in the garage, but I don't think so at my age!

Those XJRs were fun, I remember getting lapped by one at Cadwell Park ridden by James Whitham :) He will always be a legend!

Definitely a great chill out cruiser type of bike, with a screen it will be pretty comfortable I bet.

Dropping it would not be fun though as they are *heavy*!

Not ridden in EE, was driven around Moldova and the roads were terrible, hopefully Poland is a lot lot lot better?

Enjoy...

Polish roads are pretty okay once you get out of the built up town areas.

Motorways are excellent as all new and paid for by the EU (UK).

Just took the old girl out for her first ride.

Not very far, only about 5 kms. It felt quite big and heavy but once its moving it was okay and surprisingly comfortable, but it did all feel a bit new after not riding for 37 years. Anyway, I've survived.

Guess it is, after all, like riding a bike.

Nice ride - enjoy.

Archived