IGNORED

Anyone stay at the At Mind Serviced Residence recently?

and_d

Just wanted to get your thoughts on the hotel.  I think I like the look of the hotel / rooms and not that expensive either.  I've been having a difficult time selecting a place for my days in Pattaya but I'm leaning towards this hotel unless there is a reason to avoid

Very nice clean hotel close to doi 6 but for me ok empress is in a prime location across from the beach and around the same price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lk empress*

16 hours ago, Morganz187 said:

Very nice clean hotel close to doi 6 but for me ok Empress is in a prime location across from the beach and around the same price range

Just made a reservation for the Empress as I noticed some of the hotels I was looking at were more expensive now given that my trip is a bit closer.

Is the location for At Mind not that great?  Besides the fact that Empress is right on the beach.  I don't particularly like the look of the Empress but I guess that shouldn't be too much of a concern since I'm only there for 6 days...not moving in hah

Good choice very good hotel and they have one of the best buffet breakfasts in Pattaya very close to Walking Street and shopping centres .....guest friendly also

12 hours ago, Morganz187 said:

Good choice very good hotel and they have one of the best buffet breakfasts in Pattaya very close to walking street and shopping centres .....guest friendly also

Good to hear!  I'm quite burnt out at looking at hotels that I'm just going to stick with it.

I stayed at @Mind for a month earlier this year had the one bedroom suite good size and very modern , has a nice ground floor swimming pool and I've really nothing bad to say of the hotel and repeating this year

I stayed quite a few times in @Mind. Overall I found it to be in a good and quiet location, It has modern facilities, including swimming pool and good staff. Breakfast was very good. Only problem I has was that I had on one occasion, high season weekend  to re-locate over a weekend to another hotel. My fault as I should have booked the dates sooner! There are cheaper options but I considered it good value, especially before the GB Pound collapsed, thanks to xenophobic "Little Englanders" harking back to the days of Empire.   

I've stayed many times over the years, but find the rooms a little run down now.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

I stayed at @Mind Residence a few years back....it was sub-standard to say the least! 

I booked a room with a kitchenette, & there were ants everywhere...even after the maids cleaned up the area...still more ants! 

The maid service is slow...i mean very slow! We would come back after a day out shopping (around 5pm) & our room still hadn't been cleaned.

Never went back...go figure!

OP it's a good thing you've booked another hotel!  

Hah I guess this is why I'm having trouble with making a reservation.  But yeah, a bit tired of looking into places to stay so sticking with the Empress

• 1 month later...

I stayed at @Mind Serviced Residences in June 2016.  I don't understand the comment above saying they were run down and worn. The room I was in was brand new, albeit it was the Deluxe apartment, which usually would have been out of my price-range, but in low-season they do discount deals (can't recall where I booked it, something like hotels.com). All new furnishings and fittings, nice decor, tiles etc, decent bathroom with modern fittings, and kitchen and lounge area (tv in lounge and in bedroom). Nice big bed.  I got all that at the time for an amazing 1,350 baht per night!!!

hotel also had nice swimming pool, sauna (which I didn't use). Gym was basic but ok. Breakfast lounge was good.

Only potential problem with this hotel is the location, a problem if you prefer more immediate proximity to bars and restaurants such as in Soi Bukuaw, but major plus is that the location is quiet - and is only a 3-4 minute walk up Soi 4 from Second Road, where there are plenty of bars, restaurants and massage places. Walking distance from Soi-6. 

"Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits." -William Hazlitt

Archived