Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hernia

PoeDogg

So, lucky me, I have just had a inguinal hernia pop up, and only one week before I was to take out an insurance policy.

So, I have been doing some research on hospitals in and around Pattaya to do the surgery.

Here is the info I have so far; will post more as I get it.

Hospital

Procedure

Anastesia 

Stay

Price

Pattaya Intl

Open

General

120-150

Phyathai Sriracha

TEP

150-180

Phyathai Sriracha

Open

80-100

Day 1. 24-July-2017, 12:45PM

Went to Pattaya City Hospital for a consultation.

After registration, a lady said that the surgeon’s only work in the AM, so I could make an appointment and come back the next morning or see a GP today.

I opted to see a GP, just to get some sort of information. The waiting area was packed. Finally got called in to see the G.P.

GP: “What is the problem”?

Me: “I believe I have a hernia”.

GP: “Show me”.

Me: I did, and he pressed it a few times.

GP: “Do you want to have it fixed in Thailand”?

Me: “Yes”. (duhh)

GP: I will schedule you to see a surgeon.

So I went out and waited in the full area for about an hour and finally got my appointment and then to the cashier to pay 500 baht.

Finished at 3:15 PM, so 3.5 hours total.

So far, not very impressed with this hospital. Going to see what the surgeon says in the morning and then over to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

I love animals…..especially with mashed ‘taters & gravy.

• 1 month later...

Any update ?

I HAD A DOUBLE INDIRECT INGENUAL FIXED YEARS AGO. SOME PAIN FOR 2 YEARS,DIDN,T HAVE A BEER FOR 2 YEARS

Had double inguenal hernia fixed years ago in the U.S., laproscopic through the bellybutton, no scar and painless.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

In 2003 I had inguenal hernia just above the left groin. I got an estimate by email from Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital for 50,000 Baht plus time in private room.,

I was advised by a friend to try Queen Sirikit Hospital in Sattahip. Went and got an estimate of 15,000 baht.

Two weeks later i phoned the surgeon at 9.30am and said I would like to have the op. He said when do you want it done . I said as soon as possible. He said can you get here by 12.00 noon and  I was on my way. First day just some tests and shaved. Operated on next day after spinal injection so i was awake.

Got out next day and as there were no taxis like i expected I walked up to the main road and got the bus to Pattaya.

Cost 10,500 Baht (around £150 at that time) including two nights in a private room.

Now they charge double the Thai rate.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived