IGNORED

Disadvantages of staying at a vt6 condo?

and_d

I'm going to be at the Hilton the first two nights I'm in Pattaya and will move to another location for the remaining days.  It seems like vt6 is a nice option - the room I'm looking at looks nice enough and not that expensive either.  Wondering why this option isn't used by everyone?

Also there is a pool right?  Doesn't seem like something that gets promoted by some of the agents so not sure if it's crap.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VT6 is great....stayed there every trip for 5 years....the only thing not included is room service (except for ladies) [emoji3][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Anyone that knows Pattaya knows VT6

Unless you book for a month or more, you're in violation of the hotel Act and subject to arrest, although unlikely.

Retired

43 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

Unless you book for a month or more, you're in violation of the Hotel Act and subject to arrest, although unlikely.

Oh.  Didn't even occur to me that it would be the case

LOL [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

The pool is huge and not bad at all. There are plenty of chairs around to use. The water has been surprisingly cold when I have used it. No other complaints though.

I'm a big fan of VT6. Laundry is available and there are a few small store fronts on the third level that have some of the little things that you may need.

It sits between Beach Rd and Second Rd and both are easily accessible depending on your destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VT6 is a must on my trips. I do find that BM's who are consistently in Patts longer than the 1 or 2 week millionaires tend to stay there more. Really no disadvantages to staying there. All the TG's know it and it is in a central location as smithzac already stated. It has rooms/budgets for everyone. Your budget spender and your high rollers like myself(humble brag) and those in between.

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

I just booked for 2 weeks in October. Sea view room on a high floor. For the location and view I find it pretty good value

I do not see any disadvantages.

It is next to the Hilton, it has 24 hour taxis and motorbike taxis outside, the staff are friendly. It has a beer bar complex opposite it, etc.

There have been a few threads on VT6, but I am not good at searching to find them, so I will post again photos of the place I rented in VT6 a few months ago.

IMG_20161227_082115.jpg

IMG_20161227_082125.jpg

IMG_20161227_082136.jpg

IMG_20161227_082149.jpg

IMG_20161227_082154.jpg

IMG_20161227_082202.jpg

IMG_20161227_082210.jpg

IMG_20161227_082215.jpg

IMG_20161227_082219.jpg

I stayed there once. Booking was for two rooms 

My first Room was great but it was on the central side. 

You open the door and can hear the noise from the air conditioning units below.

the second room was on the Walking Street side for the last few days. Room was not as nice but was nice to site outside on the balcony .

There are a few negatives

Certain agents are now promoting VT6 to the Arab and Indian Community - unfortunately these groups have no consideration for their neighbours and noise and constant loud talk/shouting between them in communal areas as well as a lot of door slamming is common

A residents committee is now looking into this and recently one particular groups booking was terminated and they were asked to leave - immediately

Another disadvantage if you book on a high floor I think 25 and up - unless there is a water pump installed  you may have water pressure issues

Already mentioned Central Side anywhere near the air con and extraction units of Central there is a lot of noise - most of the owners have installed triple glazing

other than that it has it all

VT6 is great,  just make sure if you're booking online you check out all the pics and make sure it's not mid level facing the Hilton/central festival aircon/carpark.

Last stay I noticed the room had a bathtub with shower inside it,  it didn't worry me until I saw it,  it was awkwardly shaped, Ie thin in the middle and a very high step from the floor to enter/exit.

All good an well until you return to the room with a guy full of piss stumbling around trying to get in and out,  a straight up shower would have been much better.

The room though  did have a washing machine which did save me several thousand baht in laundry fees as well as being quite convenient when lady "finish peliod already" but I still managed to dig a heap of blood out of her,  sheet wash.. No issues. 

13 hours ago, and_d said:

Oh.  Didn't even occur to me that it would be the case

The military junta have been enforcing the rules more and it may only be a matter of time before they get around to enforcing this one.  It would put these agencies out of business, think you'll get your deposit refunded?

Retired

stayed in that room, VT6 is the best place to stay bar none, better than the Hilton in my opinion.

The main disadvantage of VT6 is price or value, compared to other condos nearby.  The OP may well think it's not expensive, but if you compare it to the likes of The Base, The Urban, the Avenue Residence, VT6 looks expensive for what you get.  I looked through Honey and Dancewatchers inventory for my next trip, and couldn't see anything to compare for value with other condos.

2 minutes ago, SirL said:

The main disadvantage of VT6 is price or value, compared to other condos nearby.  The OP may well think it's not expensive, but if you compare it to the likes of The Base, The Urban, the Avenue Residence, VT6 looks expensive for what you get.  I looked through Honey and Dancewatchers inventory for my next trip, and couldn't see anything to compare for value with other condos.

comparing the base to vt6 just on price is a mistake.. the base has no shops and the trip from your condo to get anything is long and tiresome, the base condos are the modern style with tiny rooms and naff fixtures and fittings. VT6 condos are spacious and better insulated. You can have a 48sq/m studio in vt6, the 1 beds in the base are 32sq/m... they feel boxy and uncomfortable.

VT6 is excellent. The only thing that would make it better imo would be a poolside service. It's not that much of a hassle but I just prefer someone bring me food and drink. I'm just lazy though.

Being somewhat in the center between Walking Street and Soi 6 works well for me.

I mostly take the BB to WS and Soi 6 but walk to LK

I also enjoy having Central festival next door.

If i ever decide to jump, VT6 will be first choice too :)

Some how it never appealed to me but after seeing the photos I'll give it a shot. I always preferred a hotel because of the lounge, room service, and inhouse restaurant. What exactly is VT6? Is it a hotel or a serviced apartment?

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

49 minutes ago, raviinc said:

Some how it never appealed to me but after seeing the photos I'll give it a shot. I always preferred a hotel because of the lounge, room service, and inhouse restaurant. What exactly is VT6? Is it a hotel or a serviced apartment?

It's a condominium.  Some owners contract with agencies to rent out the units, it's not a hotel.  I lived there from 2011 to 2013, and it was a great place to live.  Now it sucks.

Retired

It's a condominium.  Some owners contract with agencies to rent out the units, it's not a hotel.  I lived there from 2011 to 2013, and it was a great place to live.  Now it sucks.

After living for two years why would you say it sucks.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Archived