IGNORED

Easy rider

gazza1

Just got my pig back from the mechanic I have missed her.

Had a poofy sissy bar and folding rack made for the back it's a bit 70's easy rider my fault left it up to the mechanic so I have a Thai temple style one.

Also had new exhausts fitted straight pipes removing the huge baffle box from underneath so it runs really smooth and strong now.

New rear Dunlop fitted also so we are ready to hit the road.

All that work was a very reasonable 14,400 baht.

If you need a mechanic (reliable)PM me for the number,he's just taken the Blade away to fit a new clutch so he is capable.

20170723_071400.jpg

20170723_071347.jpg

20170723_071340.jpg

20170723_071328.jpg

Gazza1, Like the Easy Rider look myself.  I have a Custom Softail back in the states, and would like to find someone to make me a sissy bar like that.  I do ride a lot when home, and typically do 1000 to 1500 mile trips.  That bar would help a lot.  Going to start looking for one similar.  Yours looks great, would happily settle in on that if I can get one in Cebu. The seat looks similar to mine, an Ultimate seat, and feels like a recliner even at 75 mph...

I will be moving to the Philippines soon and since they have abusive import duties on bikes, I will need to look for one there.  That is a Yamaha you ride?  Is it a Road Star or a Vulcan?  My 07 FXSTC custom has the old school 21" skinny front tire.  I am really looking at a mod to get it to a bit larger diameter tire, but keeping the 21" tall system.  I may be looking at a Road star in Cebu, Philippines, or even a Vulcan if I can find one at a decent price there.  Looks like you have a good mechanic there, be sure to keep in touch regularly with that guy.  They tend to be pretty independent and often just pick up and go somewhere else without telling anyone.  Good ones are really hard to find....

On 23/07/2017 at 4:54 PM, LongPlay said:

Gazza1, Like the Easy Rider look myself.  I have a Custom Softail back in the states, and would like to find someone to make me a sissy bar like that.  I do ride a lot when home, and typically do 1000 to 1500 mile trips.  That bar would help a lot.  Going to start looking for one similar.  Yours looks great, would happily settle in on that if I can get one in Cebu. The seat looks similar to mine, an Ultimate seat, and feels like a recliner even at 75 mph...

I will be moving to the Philippines soon and since they have abusive import duties on bikes, I will need to look for one there.  That is a Yamaha you ride?  Is it a Road Star or a Vulcan?  My 07 FXSTC custom has the old school 21" skinny front tire.  I am really looking at a mod to get it to a bit larger diameter tire, but keeping the 21" tall system.  I may be looking at a Road star in Cebu, Philippines, or even a Vulcan if I can find one at a decent price there.  Looks like you have a good mechanic there, be sure to keep in Touch regularly with that guy.  They tend to be pretty independent and often just pick up and go somewhere else without telling anyone.  Good ones are really hard to find....

It's actually a Suzuki Intruder 1500cc,had it about 8 years sold it twice when I had the bike shop but bought it back so it's actually free now,it's a lump of a bike loads of torque but it's no racer but very comfortable to ride a long distance.

I had a Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 cc for 6 months in the shop funny sold that one twice also,it was a monster great handling and amazing power and reved like a sport bike,did a couple of trips to Chiang Mai with a bird and Phuket,wish I had kept it to be honest and the bird.

Riding here is great the weather can be hot but when you are out of town the roads are less chocka and you stay cool plus when it rains it's warm rain and you dry off pretty quick,away from Pattaya and Bangkok It's not often you get stopped by the police and if you do it's usually for a chat about the bike more than demands for money.

Cheers

Cool!!  I actually have an Intruder 800 at home in the states also.  Love it.  And yeah, the Suzuki motors breathe well and can rev  almost with the crotch rockets.

I am right at 6' and so the 800 makes me look like a monkey fucking a football!

The Harley I ride now is over a foot longer and fits me better.  Wish I could find a happy medium in the Intruder line.  That 1500 engine is a real beast.  would like an Easy Rider modded bike based on that 1500 system.  But for me it needs about 4 to 6 degrees more rake to fill out the needs.  The 07 Custom does have that.  But at 750 pounds ready to ride it is difficult in parking lots and tight quarters.  I think it would be difficult in my place in the Philippines to have a  Harley for that reason mostly.

I am looking for Intruders there, but I do not see a single one.  I did find a few Yamahas and some of the Kawi's.  Going to do a little search effort more around the Manila area as it is more populated and possibly I could get an intruder there?  

Hang in there with that beast!!  It looks like you know the area well enough to get a bit of outside riding areas...  Good luck with those BIB folks...

• 2 weeks later...

Gazza did your bike shop make money ? or was it more of a hassle than it was worth ? .I love that bike by the way . 

Archived