Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

why is PA website taking ages to load ?

skorp

since weeks now i notice PA website is taking ages to load.   could not be my laptop as all other websites inc a very well known thailand forum is loading quickly.

whats wrong ?  

Same problem here ,, with and without VPN ,,, most time I have to leave and come back after i go to another web site.

It seems like it times out then will not log back in with activity.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

On 7/21/2017 at 0:15 PM, skorp said:

since weeks now i notice PA website is taking ages to load.   could not be my laptop as all other websites inc a very well known thailand forum is loading quickly.

whats wrong ?  

Same with my desktop especially after an Edit.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Uploaded some pics yesterday . Fail after fail and took forever . Often pages don't load at all and give a 'service unavailable' screen after a minute or so . I know the mods do their best but it gets a bit annoying that months after the big update the software (or server) still doesn't seem to work properly . 

About time the owners of PA sorted it out once and for all because it has been slow for ages with absolutely no signs of improvement whatsoever.

At least the old system had its faults but was never as slow as this!

Get the odd time out every now and then.... it has been doing that for quite some time.

I have good fast home connection and it does it for me.Not all the time....but sometimes slow

The software is running as a single-page app, with some heavy js in the pagination and views. Some thing can be fixed in the core, like losing the fade-in/fade-out between pages as it's not well handled. Other things like adding more cores to the server and more concurrent connections might help with actual reliability...but honestly, it's the fault of the software, not the guys who run this. In trying to be all modern and all, it's actually become a bit of a slug. 

Its' your internet...my shit is flying!!

48 minutes ago, Forsythia said:

I would assume there will be a large update down the track. When the mods decide to apply it is a up to them.

It has already happened earlier on this year complete change took weeks. My connection is quick most of the time but 10-20% takes up to a minute it has been reported there is a thread about the problems after the upgrade.

On 22/07/2017 at 7:13 PM, Burkie1203 said:

I find it is fine to load of chrome 

I only use chrome here and compared to before the upgrade, it's completely borked. 

The server is being upgraded today.

20 minutes ago, mbamber said:

The server is being upgraded today.

Moving to a bigger USB stick ay

It's doing better - more ram or more cores? (...or both?)

EDIT: I seem to have spoken too soon

I'd still disable the page transitions.

Always choose usability first, then pretty effects (in websites, and...elsewhere). 

Archived