IGNORED

Thai Sim card

which is the best Thai simcard with internet and calls, all inclusive for a month?

and any shops in pattaya centrale?

Thank you

All three main providers (True, AIS, DTAC) have shops in Central Festival Pattaya.

They all offer various combinations of internet and call credit, depending on what you need. There is no one 'best' solution, unless you are more specific with the data/phone service you expect to use. :Dunno:

For example: 

If it is for a month and you fly in to Bangkok just go to one of the counters with a free attendant takes minutes all sorted and on you way simple !

19 hours ago, Sick Water Buffalo said:

All three main providers (True, AIS, DTAC) have shops in Central Festival Pattaya.

They all offer various combinations of internet and call credit, depending on what you need. There is no one 'best' solution, unless you are more specific with the data/phone service you expect to use. :Dunno:

For example: 

How reliable is the mobile data or is hotel wifi the best bet?

If you're coming from the USA, if you have or can get T-Mobile, they cover 140 counties, including Thailand with:

Unlimited 2G data roaming

20C per minute phone calls, using your home number.

This is fantastic, in my opinion. Works great. I didn't meed to get a Thai sim card last time.

I used the data coverage successfully, to navigate my car to/from Pattaya and Huahin.

Also used in up in Udon and Ubon.

2 hours ago, Burkie1203 said:

How reliable is the mobile data or is hotel wifi the best bet?

I never have any problem with DTAC 3G/4G in Pattaya.

Accommodations internet/wifi reliability will depend on the individual property, of course. If you're going to be doing data intensive things like streaming/downloading or doing remote work while on holiday, then you should want a broadband connection. My condo has a 40 down/10 up DSL connection from 3BB. Otherwise for just light web browsing/email, any old wifi will probably do?

No need to purchase a package for calls.

Internet depends on your needs, which you haven't stated.

The Tourist packages, beyond the 49 baht/50 baht SIM, offer relatively poor value.

Thanks for the info Greyman,
So say I only need 1GB data unlimited local text and very few local calls what would you suggest?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Tidiver said:

So say I only need 1GB data unlimited local text and very few local calls what would you suggest?

If local expiry is not an issue it is between AIS and DTAC
AIS for best local calls and text DTAC for Internet, however 1GB is a relatively low demand so probably AIS

http://www.boomboomme.com/thailand/newbie/mobile.htm

I have a factory unlocked phone from years back (iphone 4) and still use the same DTac SIM every trip.  Works fine for me and never had any issues, but the 3 major all seem comparable and competitive.  I only visit 1-2 months per year though. 

14 hours ago, Tidiver said:

Over what period? How do you use your data? If you don't need max speed data, that opens further possibilities.

But a simple example would be 49 baht for the Truemove H Tourist SIM at the airport and then add a data package of 500MB upwards per week.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/international_service/visit_thailand/en

There are no unlimited SMS bundles and who uses SMS these days anyway? :) It's all WhatsApp, SnapChat, Instagram....

Data bundles such as;

TI.JPG

TI1.JPG

DTAC also have a 49 baht Tourist SIM sold at the airport.

To that you can add;

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/4g-non-stop.html

TI3.JPG

or if you are a heavy user of Facebook:

TI4.JPG

Heavier users might stick on a 8GB weekly package;

There are so many options to suit.

TI2.JPG

Thanks for the update. I usually get the 1 month plan. Your right Thailand is all about using whatsup and Thai Friendly. I spend most of my time in PH and the girls text 24/7

Archived