IGNORED

Stdexpresstest.com Review- for USA Residents

TremontTed

Stdexpresstest.com Review- for USA Residents

So I got back from my first Pattaya trip feeling pretty good minus the “Pattaya Blues” but start to feel some signs of an STD at the two week mark. Standard options for USA resident are go to your primary doctor, walk-in clinic, or my area of the country has a Department of Health that does STD testing.  Planned Parenthood also does STD testing. I did my research, I was looking for something fast that provides the least amount of embarrassment. I decided to go with something new, an online STD tester.

Online Registration

5 minutes to register on their website entering some basic information. Its’ $100 with insurance and $245 without insurance for the 10 panel test. They have one main competitor STDcheck.com that charges $198 for 10 panel, they don’t accept insurance.  I used my insurance and paid stdexpresstest.com $100 but you may want to opt not to keep that information private from your insurance company and pay $245. Next you select a testing facility. When you are done you get a 2 page print out with instructions for the testing facility.  

Testing

Show up at the testing facility, no appointment is necessary. They have generic names like Labcore and Quest Diagnostics usually located in office buildings. Most of the people are probably there for bloodwork for their yearly physical. Check-in in at the front desk with their self-serve tablet, enter name and phone number. Sit down in the waiting room and called in under 5 minutes. Hand the lady my test request paper and no questions asked. She draws the blood and gives me the cup for urine sample. Total time in the place 10 minutes.

Results

I got tested on a Monday and the site advertises results in three business days. I checked online all day Wednesday but no results yet. That night at 12:01am an email came in letting me know the results were ready. I was sleeping and saw the email in the morning. Logged on to the site and checked the results. As expected I got dinged for a positive Chlamydia. That morning after 9am someone from stdexpresstest called me to setup a phone call with their doctor to go over the results and recommend treatment. They advertise that positive results will be able to talk to a doctor within 24 hours of results. The doctor call is included initial $100 cost.

Treatment

As scheduled, their doctor called at 11am the same day. She went over my result and symptoms. She briefly goes over your medical history for other medications or allegories. The treatment she recommends for Chlamydia is Azithromycin (two 500mgs). She said to take both pills at the same time and this should clear up in 7 days for 95% of the people. If it doesn’t I will have to seek local treatment. She also said no sex for 7 days and I should get a clear restest in 3 weeks. After the call she electronically calls in the prescription to my local pharmacy. It’s ready in one hour and cost me $6 dollars with insurance, retail price without insurance was $35. I take the two pills that night and things seem to clear up in two days.

Excellent and informative review. Thank you.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

STD's are becoming antibiotic resistant, and soon there will be nothing to knock it off. It has become so due to sex workers taking antibiotics to "prevent" catching something instead of using "safe" methods.

Gonorrhea is one of them that is almost completely resistant to antibiotics http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-29/australia-facing-a-gonorrhoea-superbug-crisis/7057690

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2016/antibiotics-sexual-infections/en/

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

$100 to save embarrassment, nah, I'll go to the county health department. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

7 hours ago, TremontTed said:

Results

I got tested on a Monday and the site advertises results in three business days.

It's great that you can get your results so fast.

Be Safe, not Sorry!
Buy Home HIV Test Kits to check yourself or your partner. 

Logo JPEG small.jpg
Order now at www.testhivstatus.com

Convenient, Easy to Use, Reliable, with Total Privacy.
International Shipping.

Also Available: Test Kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B.

21 minutes ago, likeaking said:

$100 to save embarrassment, nah, I'll go to the county health department. 

You mean you thought TremontTed's "online" STD testing didn't involve any face-to-face human-to-human interaction? Actually the "online STD tester" mentioned by TremontTed is not 100% online, it looks like it involved physically visiting the test facility. That's what I gathered, correct me if I interpreted anything wrongly.

There are other online STD website testing methods which DO NOT involve you undergoing any face-to-face human-to-human interaction....they are known as "rapid tests", in the form of test kits, which are delivered by a postman to your doorstep (the parcel is labelled discreetly so no one knows you are taking a STD test) and you can put a sample of your blood in the device and it will give you results in 15 minutes (hence the name "rapid test").

Be Safe, not Sorry!

Logo JPEG small.jpg

International Shipping.

1 hour ago, laserlube said:

You mean you thought TremontTed's "online" STD testing didn't involve any face-to-face human-to-human interaction? Actually the "online STD tester" mentioned by TremontTed is not 100% online, it looks like it involved physically visiting the test facility. That's what I gathered, correct me if I interpreted anything wrongly.

There are other online STD website testing methods which DO NOT involve you undergoing any face-to-face human-to-human interaction....they are known as "rapid tests", in the form of test kits, which are delivered by a postman to your doorstep (the parcel is labelled discreetly so no one knows you are taking a STD test) and you can put a sample of your blood in the device and it will give you results in 15 minutes (hence the name "rapid test").

You're right, a home test kit is available. He did have to go to a phlebotomist for the blood draw but they don't talk to you about anything, they just draw your blood. They draw blood for many different physicians, medical groups and insurance companys who require blood for any type of test. When dealing with HIV, I would rather have a lab test it than a DIY kit. That's just me. 

Her's a good article on home HIV test kits.

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/how-effective-home-hiv-testing-kit-0

The 99.9% accurate test relies on your self-taken blood sample being sent to their lab for testing. The rapid test is done completely at home with saliva and is 92% accurate. Ninety two percent isn't good enough for me. How about you?

I wonder how the OP would deal with a positive HIV result considering how embarrassed he is at getting just a blood test.

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

14 hours ago, likeaking said:

The rapid test is done completely at home with saliva and is 92% accurate. Ninety two percent isn't good enough for me. How about you?

When it comes to playing with your life, I will go for 99% rather than 92%.
HIV has no symptoms (before it develops in to AIDS) in many people, so it will be nasty to think you're all well and fine.... but wake up one day 10 years later and learn that you've got AIDS.

14 hours ago, likeaking said:

I wonder how the OP would deal with a positive HIV result considering how embarrassed he is at getting just a blood test.

I think you might be missing the point. 

The big problem with HIV is that lots of people DON'T GET TESTED. Hence there is a need to encourage testing. There are loads of people out there who think they are invincible, or they think all HIV positive people must be sickly, and since they don't exhibit symptoms, they must be fine. Also, there might be the fear/aversion of visiting the doctor. 

Home HIV tests help to overcome all these barriers, because it is sooooo convenient to test yourself at the comfort of home. That really is the whole point of home tests. To reach out to this group of people who will NEVER EVER get tested via other means.

What the patients do after they get their test result is another matter. If the test result is positive, there might be a lot of emotions, like shock, disbelief, resentment, anger, anxiety, grief even, but I trust that in the end, they will come to their senses and visit the doctor for confirmatory testing and treatment. It might be emotional hell for them to go through all this ordeal, but it sure beats having them going around unknowingly screwing more people and spreading HIV.

Even if the test result turns out negative, it is still a huge battle won for the world's fight against HIV. Because, it means the person is developing a habit of testing, and that means, the likelihood of catching the infection, if it occurs in future, is higher. 

Be Safe, not Sorry!

Logo JPEG small.jpg

International Shipping.

5 hours ago, laserlube said:

When it comes to playing with your life, I will go for 99% rather than 92%.
HIV has no symptoms (before it develops in to AIDS) in many people, so it will be nasty to think you're all well and fine.... but wake up one day 10 years later and learn that you've got AIDS.

I think you might be missing the point. 

The big problem with HIV is that lots of people DON'T GET TESTED. Hence there is a need to encourage testing. There are loads of people out there who think they are invincible, or they think all HIV positive people must be sickly, and since they don't exhibit symptoms, they must be fine. Also, there might be the fear/aversion of visiting the doctor. 

Home HIV tests help to overcome all these barriers, because it is sooooo convenient to test yourself at the comfort of home. That really is the whole point of home tests. To reach out to this group of people who will NEVER EVER get tested via other means.

What the patients do after they get their test result is another matter. If the test result is positive, there might be a lot of emotions, like shock, disbelief, resentment, anger, anxiety, grief even, but I trust that in the end, they will come to their senses and visit the doctor for confirmatory testing and treatment. It might be emotional hell for them to go through all this ordeal, but it sure beats having them going around unknowingly screwing more people and spreading HIV.

Even if the test result turns out negative, it is still a huge battle won for the world's fight against HIV. Because, it means the person is developing a habit of testing, and that means, the likelihood of catching the infection, if it occurs in future, is higher. 

A few points I'd like to highlight.

1. You say you would go for the 99% accurate test over the 92% accurate test. Yet you sell both tests. Is providing the 8% fail rate test a service for those afraid of pricking their finger for a dop of blood? 

2. Where do your efficacy firgures come from, independent testing, U.S. FDA approval and/or comparable EU approval?

I've posted my my thoughts on sefl-medicating/testing on the forum before.

1. Check the sources of any study or statement to see if a manufacturer or medication related association funds the study. Otherwise you may rely on the wrong people for "facts".

2. Look for governent approval of medication and treatments. Yes, approval may be slow in coming and it's no guarantee all will work, but do you want to guinea pig or worse yet, waste valuable time on ineffective treatment?

3. Lastly, in the case HIV tests, medications and therapies, you're talking about your life. It should be worth a little more time, effort, discomfort and/or expense.

I have no bone to pick with laserlube and have not researched his products for answers to the above. His products may very well meet all known standards. I just feel people should educate themselves in important health matters and know what to look for when doing so. 

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

4 minutes ago, likeaking said:

A few points I'd like to highlight.

1. You say you would go for the 99% accurate test over the 92% accurate test. Yet you sell both tests. Is providing the 8% fail rate test a service for those afraid of pricking their finger for a dop of blood? 

2. Where do your efficacy firgures come from, independent testing, U.S. FDA approval and/or comparable EU approval?

I've posted my my thoughts on sefl-medicating/testing on the forum before.

1. Check the sources of any study or statement to see if a manufacturer or medication related association funds the study. Otherwise you may rely on the wrong people for "facts".

2. Look for governent approval of medication and treatments. Yes, approval may be slow in coming and it's no guarantee all will work, but do you want to guinea pig or worse yet, waste valuable time on ineffective treatment?

3. Lastly, in the case HIV tests, medications and therapies, you're talking about your life. It should be worth a little more time, effort, discomfort and/or expense.

I have no bone to pick with laserlube and have not researched his products for answers to the above. His products may very well meet all known standards. I just feel people should educate themselves in important health matters and know what to look for when doing so. 

1. Are you referring to the products listed on my website (testhivstatus.com)? Yes we do sell both blood and oral versions of HIV tests. The reason is that people may be averse to finger-pricking, as you said.

2. The figures for the tests' sensitivity and specificity which you see on our website are taken from our factory, which are obtained from clinical trials. They are not FDA approved or EU approved, but our HIV blood tests are approved by USAID (United States Agency for International Development), this is something you can verify for yourself at the USAID website, if you google for the USAID list of approved HIV test kits. Our brand of "iCare" HIV tests are being used by South Africa government (our supplier won the world's largest tender for HIV test kits - over 20 million HIV tests). Again, this is something you can check - either at our supplier website (JAL Innovation), or with the South African government.

South Africa has the biggest HIV epidemic in the world, so that's why our supplier focused on getting approvals to sell in South Africa.

Additionally, all our tests are ISO13485 and GMP certified.

3. By all means. It will be great if everyone did their research. Also, I do acknowledge we have zillions of competitors out there, some of which are FDA approved. As with all consumerism, brands have their pluses and minuses, you just need to figure them out. FDA approval is a huge investment of money and time with low probability of approval, so among the 20-30 brands of HIV tests out there, only a tiny handful are FDA approved. As a result, their tests are usually the most expensive.

I'm actually not allowed to be too directly "sales-like" on this forum, so I'm trying to sound like I'm spilling general info, and trying to sound "educational" rather than focusing on my products. But, you have to appreciate one thing, this pattaya addicts forum consumes huge bandwidth every month, and to keep up with the costs, they have to accept a bit of advertising. That's why recently, almost all instances of "HIV" in the forum have transformed into a link to my website.... guess who recently chipped into the sponsorship...??

Be Safe, not Sorry!

Logo JPEG small.jpg

International Shipping.

Archived