IGNORED

Expired DTAC sim?

I have a sim that was due to expire in April just passed and I forgot to extend it. I'm in Australia btw. I'm headed to Thailand at the end of this month and was wondering how I can find out if the sim is still valid before I try to add value to it over the internet.

Stick it in your phone and see if it's still live (chances not, mine died around about April as I couldn't top up online - hadn't used this one enough to do so on their website).

If live, *101*9# then call to check balance.

• 11 months later...

Next time you want to keep your Thai SIM alive, you can add 360 days validity online and then you'll be set for a year.   You do need to make a call or sms every 6 months though, to prove you are still alive. 

I went to the DTac shop in Big C Extra Pattaya to enquire about longer duration on a sim, they said can do but calls slightly more expensive. After they changed some details on their computer my sim validity is always 12 months from last top up.

Archived