IGNORED

HIV: Undetectable = Safe

Scumbag

At risk of triggering the same debate again I will post this as I think it is good information. Apparently if the virus is undetectable in a HIV positive person the risk of passing the virus on is 'negligible to non-existent'.

UVL 101: Undetectable = Safe

Being HIV positive and undetectable, also known as having an undetectable viral load (UVL), is a big deal. Why? Because people living with HIV who manage this over time have effectively zero chance of transmitting the virus! And that means Undetectable = Safe. (more)

Note: no I don't frequent gay sites. It came up on my FB so no smart-arse comments...:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

4 minutes ago, Scumbag said:

At risk of triggering the same debate again I will post this as I think it is good information. Apparently if the virus is undetectable in a HIV positive person the risk of passing the virus on is 'negligible to non-existent'.

UVL 101: Undetectable = Safe

Being HIV positive and undetectable, also known as having an undetectable viral load (UVL), is a big deal. Why? Because people living with HIV who manage this over time have effectively zero chance of transmitting the virus! And that means Undetectable = Safe. (more)

Note: no I don't frequent gay sites. It came up on my FB so no smart-arse comments...:P

Gaylord 555

But can a HIV virus which is undetectable become detectable in the future?

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

But can a HIV virus which is undetectable become detectable in the future?

If the infected person were to stop taking their meds,then their viral load would increase,therefore making it detectable.

If the infected person were to stop taking their meds,then their viral load would increase,therefore making it detectable.

That's your longest post ever, well done

I can't wait for all the 'alpha males' to start citing this 'proof'! 

49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

& surprising informative & coherent. 

7 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

& surprising informative & coherent. 

I'm Sober?

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cheers.

2 hours ago, The Storm said:

Yes, "I met her on Soi 6 and could not detect HIV. She was safe."

What percentage of HIV positive Pattaya prostitutes know about the virus and take the meds?

7 hours ago, dnaliaht said:

Bareback thread

Only if some idiot makes it so.

4 hours ago, izzyg said:

What percentage of HIV positive Pattaya prostitutes know about the virus and take the meds?

I certainly wouldn't trust them to do so.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

7 hours ago, The Storm said:

hold on a minute, busy right now

4 hours ago, just hanging said:

busy right now

The evidence suggests otherwise.......

:) 

I have done a lot research  over this issue as I was exposed to hiv via a thai girl  a good number of times before she knew she had it . You can google "the PARTNER study" , this was research done on  discordant couples. No one straight or gay passed the virus to their partner whilst on medication and having an undetectable viral load. The report did not say that there was zero chance of infection though.

When the hiv test is done it's obviously done on blood not body fluids so I don't think anyone could ever say its 100% safe to stop condom use. With the check up test being done every 3-4 month there is also a chance the viral loads could increase if medication wasn't being taken regularly . The girl I know with hiv takes meds every 12 hrs on the dot , doesn't smoke or drink and looks after her health in every way. She has told me there are people at the clinic who do not take care of their health and they don't keep an undetectable viral load and they get sick. The clinic isn't in Pattaya .

Even when they're undetectable it's a complete headfuck trying to be with someone who is hiv+  because it just isn't 100% no matter what you read. When I asked at the clinic in England when i was having my hiv test they said it never can be 100% as too many  factors to consider.

I am sure most would be aware that contracting HIV from someone with HIV+ is not going to happen everytime you have BB sex. It doesn't have a 100% transmission rate.

When a person is HIV+ and there Viral Load levels are very low/undetectable it can still be transmitted but the risk is much lower. As said in previous posts if the HIV+ person stopped taking their meds then the Viral load and CD4 counts will change and create more of a risk of Transmitting.

IMO its similar to getting a BJ from a HIV+ person - Some studies say it cannot be transmitted through Oral sex, But are you willing to risk it???

By the way I am not HIV+ but know a bit about it due to a scare which you will be able to read about in a future post I will write

Come see me at Sweet Bar Soi 6 Facebook 

Sweetbarsoi6.png

On 7/5/2017 at 6:07 AM, docbunsen said:

Even when they're undetectable it's a complete headfuck trying to be with someone who is HIV+  because it just isn't 100% no matter what you read. When I asked at the clinic in England when i was having my HIV test they said it never can be 100% as too many  factors to consider.

I think it's pretty close to 100%....for all practical purposes I consider it 100%. 

You might as well worry about getting killed by a falling meteorite from outer space...lol.

Anyway, there is a small percentage of people on Earth who are naturally immune to HIV....due to a genetic mutation.

A good story to read is this article about Steve Crohn:
http://nymag.com/health/bestdoctors/2014/steve-crohn-aids-2014-6/

He was immune to HIV, but still had a sad life because he had to watch all his gay lovers die one by one.
In the end, he got tired of living anyway, so he committed suicide.

Your chances of being immune to HIV are greater than the chance of catching HIV from a HIV+ person on regular meds...

Be Safe, not Sorry!
Buy Home HIV Test Kits to check yourself or your partner. 

Logo JPEG small.jpg
Order now at www.testhivstatus.com

Convenient, Easy to Use, Reliable, with Total Privacy.
International Shipping.

Also Available: Test Kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B.

I know its huge reduction in risk . I'm not sure if either of you who just posted have been  in this position but I have. Jan17 I'm with the girl in my hotel she's hiv+ and on meds , my head was in bits I can tell you , you can quote all you want it was russian roulette to me at the time.

I know its huge reduction in risk . I'm not sure if either of you who just posted have been  in this position but I have. Jan17 I'm with the girl in my hotel she's hiv+ and on meds , my head was in bits I can tell you , you can quote all you want it was russian roulette to me at the time.

So she told you after?

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So she told you after?

No I knew before . The previous time i saw her I barebacked for over 6 wks then after that she found out she was + . I know the girl quite well .I'm getting at even though the risk is low you still hold back from going near her

I was with a girl who told me she was HIV+ via an SMS after we completed our week stay together. During the week I had multiple condom breaks and was fearing for the worst after the SMS. I was on my way to Patong and got tested at a STD clinic with a finger-prick test.

The result came back positive and the doctor told me to see my doctor as soon as I get home. I thought my life was over and went into a dark place for a while. I ended up going to my Doctor as soon as I got home. The blood test came back Negative. Both myself and the doctor were shocked but none the less I need 6 months of testing to ensure I was not positive.

After the 6 month period I had all Negative results and it was discovered that the finger-prick test is known to have false results.

I guess my moral to this is that you don't want to risk it. With undetectable levels in a person, they still have it inside them and anything could happen. I had a horrible 6 month period thinking I had HIV, don't put yourself in that position

Come see me at Sweet Bar Soi 6 Facebook 

Sweetbarsoi6.png

I had thought during the 'window period' which the time when all but a few modern tests cannot yet detect the virus it is possible to catch even though it is undetectable. With most tests and with modern tests this is typically one month. The 3-6 month window is less relevant with newer tests. Apparently the viral load is very high during that period as the body is first beginning to try to fight the infection and the HIV is fighting back. This is different than months or years later when someone is on meds and truly has an undetectable viral level and is thought to not be contagious. Can anyone confirm?

11 minutes ago, ginseng said:

I had thought during the 'window period' which the time when all but a few modern tests cannot yet detect the virus it is possible to catch even though it is undetectable. With most tests and with modern tests this is typically one month. The 3-6 month window is less relevant with newer tests. Apparently the viral load is very high during that period as the body is first beginning to try to fight the infection and the HIV is fighting back. This is different than months or years later when someone is on meds and truly has an undetectable viral level and is thought to not be contagious. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, this is about people who know they have HIV and are controlling it with medication.

Archived