Jump to content
Love_to_eat_Thai

Chiang Mai - Love CNX

Recommended Posts

Love_to_eat_Thai

Had a few nights at the Love CNX (formerly Same Same) guesthouse in Chiang Mai.  Located in the old city about 5 minutes walk from the bar area on the east side of the city and about the same from the Saturday night market on the south side of the city.  

Book early to get a room with private bathroom, bed is super comfortable, room cleaned daily, air-con is awesome.  It's not a hotel so there's no night security staff, make of that what you will.  I paid just under 600 baht per night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureShot

I'm going to CM in November, but have absolutely no clue of what area I should be staying in.... looking for lots of nightlife.

any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j_d66
28 minutes ago, jay_613 said:

I'm going to CM in November, but have absolutely no clue of what area I should be staying in.... looking for lots of nightlife.

any suggestions?

There aren't that many bars there but loi kroh road probably has the most.

I normally stay at Ramming Lodge because it is right on Loi Kroh Road and it is a pretty nice place that is guest friendly.  

There are several other bigger hotels in the area but they are not quite as guest friendly.

 

What part of November are you going to be there?  

There is a very good chance I might be in CM as well in November

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureShot
5 minutes ago, j_d66 said:

There aren't that many bars there but loi kroh road probably has the most.

I normally stay at Ramming Lodge because it is right on Loi Kroh Road and it is a pretty nice place that is guest friendly.  

There are several other bigger hotels in the area but they are not quite as guest friendly.

 

What part of November are you going to be there?  

There is a very good chance I might be in CM as well in November

 

 

Nice!  Thanks... now that you mention it, I've heard of Ramming Lodge and forgot all about it.  Maybe i'll check it out.

I'm landing in BKK on Nov 21, but thinking of heading to Phnom Penh for a few days first. Still months away, so I'm sure my plans will change 18 times before then. hah. i'll definitely be in CM at some point that week. :P 

Edited by jay_613

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl

Raming Lodge is my fav place to stay in CM. Free airport transfers, free decent breakfast and attached restaurant has the best burgers and ribs in Thailand I think. Add to that it is next to all the bars and is guest friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureShot
3 minutes ago, Tarl said:

Raming Lodge is my fav place to stay in CM. Free airport transfers, free decent breakfast and attached restaurant has the best burgers and ribs in Thailand I think. Add to that it is next to all the bars and is guest friendly.

nice.

how's the mongering in CM? Are there BG's? or is it more a place to hook up through TF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bonkabit

Loi Khro Road, moat end, about 150m walk from Raming Lodge hotel. about ten bars with BG's.

Loi Khro Road, turn left out off Raming Lodge hotel, walk guess 800m towards the river end of the road. Cross a canal/creek: bar area on your right. Similar to Pattaya bar areas.

There are soapy massage parlours. I have been but years ago and do not remember details. One was near the railway station, called Sayuri, I think. The other was part of Phucome hotel, check web.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureShot
1 minute ago, Bonkabit said:

Loi Khro Road, moat end, about 150m walk from Raming Lodge Hotel. about ten bars with BG's.

Loi Khro Road, turn left out off Raming Lodge Hotel, walk guess 800m towards the river end of the road. Cross a canal/creek: bar area on your right. Similar to Pattaya bar areas.

There are soapy massage parlours. I have been but years ago and do not remember details. One was near the railway station, called Sayuri, I think. The other was part of Phucome Hotel, check web.

awesome info! thanks much.
 

Love_to_eat_Thai - sorry for derailing your thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl
16 minutes ago, jay_613 said:

nice.

how's the mongering in CM? Are there BG's? or is it more a place to hook up through TF?

Is not that bad. Definitely fun to be had in the bars. If you walk out of Raming Lodge and go left there is a beer bar complex about 200 metres, if you turn right when you come out there are bars on the street. Don't expect to find a lot of young stunners though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureShot
6 minutes ago, Tarl said:

Is not that bad. Definitely fun to be had in the bars. If you walk out of Raming Lodge and go left there is a beer bar complex about 200 metres, if you turn right when you come out there are bars on the street. Don't expect to find a lot of young stunners though. 

 

hah. ya, I wasn't expecting the quality and quantity of Patt's.   Mostly there to do something other than BG's. hahah. I hear nothing but good things about CM, so figured it's time I check it out.

Edited by jay_613

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bonkabit
3 minutes ago, jay_613 said:

I hear nothing but good things about CM, so figured it's time I check it out.

Lonely Planet guidebook has excellent info including recommended walks for sightseeing with maps.

Many very good restaurants especially along the inner eastern side of the moat, Thapae Gate area.

Best single trip, tour to Doi Suthep wat (temple). Staggering.

Edited by Bonkabit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureShot
2 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Lonely Planet guidebook has excellent info including recommended walks for sightseeing with maps.

Many very good restaurants especially along the inner eastern side of the moat, Thapae Gate area.

Best single trip, tour to Doi Suthep wat (temple). Staggering.

 

Nice. I was just trying to google where all the nicest temples are.  thanks for the info, much appreciated.  Temples are definitely on the list. And a reputable (non abusive) elephant sanctuary. other than that, I don't know what else to do there.  I did read a bit on lonely planet, but didn't have the time to go through it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j_d66
1 hour ago, jay_613 said:

 

Nice. I was just trying to google where all the nicest temples are.  thanks for the info, much appreciated.  Temples are definitely on the list. And a reputable (non abusive) elephant sanctuary. other than that, I don't know what else to do there.  I did read a bit on lonely planet, but didn't have the time to go through it all.

There are many temples within walking distance of Ramming Lodge.  I normally head across the street from Tha Phae Gate and just venture up those streets and you will find lots of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
j_d66
1 hour ago, Bonkabit said:

Loi Khro Road, moat end, about 150m walk from Raming Lodge Hotel. about ten bars with BG's.

Loi Khro Road, turn left out off Raming Lodge Hotel, walk guess 800m towards the river end of the road. Cross a canal/creek: bar area on your right. Similar to Pattaya bar areas.

There are soapy massage parlours. I have been but years ago and do not remember details. One was near the railway station, called Sayuri, I think. The other was part of Phucome Hotel, check web.

Sayuri is probably the best soapy there and will have the most choice.

Last time I was there in June I stopped by Celebrities late afternoon and they only had three girls working that day none of which I would take 

There are supposed to be a couple other ones farther out but I didnt make the trek last time.

 

I think Chiang Mai is a wonderful change of pace and you will have no trouble finding someone to share your bed.  Some of best nights with girls have been in Chiang Mai but as always I think it helps to have a connection with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tarl

Few ideas

Food

Restaurant attached to Raming Lodge is excellent.

Upmarket and awesome food is @Teak restaurant. Come out of Raming Lodge turn left and it is 100 metres or so on your right.

Best Chiang Mai food: Huen Penh (I eat lunch there most days and have done a dinner there as well a few times): https://www.eatingthaifood.com/northern-thai-food-huen-phen-restaurant-chiang-mai/

Nice restaurant with good bands on the weekend I like to go to: http://www.goodview.co.th/2010/foodandbeverage.php

Things to do

As mentioned Doi Sathep is worth a look.

My favourite is the Royal Garden : http://www.chiangmai.bangkok.com/attractions/royal-flora.htm

The site above has other things to do as well. The Zoo and Night Safari also quite good.

Good massage (massage only)

Directly acroos the road as you exit Raming Lodge. There are 2 massage parlours side by side. My favourite is the one on the left but both are good.

Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kahoy

Thanks for the Raming Lodge recommendation, I'm headed there for a 3 day trip in 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheetos

I dislike Raming Lodge.  It is in a state of disrepair.  Only thing good about it is the breakfast.  I usually stay at Duangtawan hotel, about 3 blocks across the street from the Raming.  It is a basic hotel, ok for a few nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gaz1889
On 24 August 2017 at 15:39, Tarl said:

Few ideas

Food

Restaurant attached to Raming Lodge is excellent.

Upmarket and awesome food is @Teak restaurant. Come out of Raming Lodge turn left and it is 100 metres or so on your right.

Best Chiang Mai food: Huen Penh (I eat lunch there most days and have done a dinner there as well a few times): https://www.eatingthaifood.com/northern-thai-food-huen-phen-restaurant-chiang-mai/

Nice restaurant with good bands on the weekend I like to go to: http://www.goodview.co.th/2010/foodandbeverage.php

Things to do

As mentioned Doi Sathep is worth a look.

My favourite is the Royal Garden : http://www.chiangmai.bangkok.com/attractions/royal-flora.htm

The site above has other things to do as well. The Zoo and Night Safari also quite good.

Good massage (massage only)

Directly acroos the road as you exit Raming Lodge. There are 2 massage parlours side by side. My favourite is the one on the left but both are good.

Hope that helps.

How much should I expect to pay for a taxi from the airport to the city centre? What other transport options are available?

 Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SureShot

I believe the standard price is 150baht each way, if I remember correctly.

You can also use Uber....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Young Coxy
18 hours ago, jay_613 said:

I believe the standard price is 150baht each way, if I remember correctly.

You can also use Uber....

Correct.

The Uber drivers in CM are a bit weary of the airport though due to their on-going issues with the red trucks, tuk tuk's etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.