Fatcat654

Vietnam e-visa

Fatcat654

Has anyone used the new e-visa program for a 30 day visa?

In February 2017, Vietnam launched a pilot e-visa program for citizens of 40 countries, including the United States.  The program uses an online application process to issue 30-day, one-entry visas for $25, payable via bank transfer.  E-visa holders may enter and exit Vietnam through 28 designated international border gates, including all international airports.  The pilot program will continue through January 31, 2019 subject to review and extension.  The Vietnamese e-visa instructions and application are available online. The correct Vietnamese government websites for e-visas are https://www.immigration.gov.vn/ and https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn

kgbagent

Heard it works

Fatcat654

Awesome, thanks

pangitman

Just used this last week. Very easy to do online. $25 USA dollars. Processed in 3 days. I arrive tomorrow in HCM. Hopefully all goes smoothly

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Fatcat654

Good to hear thanks, just waiting for approval now.

pangitman

Landed in HCM yesterday. Showed my Evisa approval printout while checking my bag at Swampy. Then again while going through immigration in HCM airport on arrival. All very easy. Definitely a very simple and easy process to complete online for $25

yugot

As an American did you still need to buy the 1-year multi-entry visa when you arrived?

pangitman

No. This Evisa is for a single entry for 30 days.

Tidiver

Pangitman,
Last year I did the visa on arrival. You apply on a website for a fee, think it was $6 dollars they email you a letter to present to imigration and pay your $25 dollars at the airport. Later in the year it changed to 1 year visa only for Americans.
Sounds like the Evisa has changed again? Can you provide the site you used.
Thanks for the updated info.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Tidiver

Sorry just re-read this thread. The link provided in the beginning provides that link.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Explorer8939

I got through immigration with no problem with my EVisa.

dnaliaht

Used it last year and it was a breeze. Immigration didn’t even ask to see the printout I had. A lot of people recommend doing the visa on arrival letter, but there’s really no point when the evisa is so much quicker. 

makavelli

Hi everyone,

Just looked on embassy of Vietnam website and it states  "Until 30 June 2018, visa is not required for British, French, German, Italian and Spanish citizens with passport having at least six-month validity travelling to Vietnam for up to 15 days for all purposes".

So what happens after this date? Will you then need a visa to enter Vietnam after this date?

Any info much appreciated

kgbagent
Hi everyone,

Just looked on embassy of Vietnam website and it states  "Until 30 June 2018, visa is not required for British, French, German, Italian and Spanish citizens with passport having at least six-month validity travelling to Vietnam for up to 15 days for all purposes".

So what happens after this date? Will you then need a visa to enter Vietnam after this date?

Any info much appreciated

Brexit ?

No I'm joking. I believe it was a one year trial.

Surprised the country’s chosen as only the French have any connection historically with Vietnam. The easing of costs for the USA is long overdue but most surprising it the omission of Australia which has a strong Vietnamese population, took a large number of refugees, and is a major expat Viet and tourist destination. I think that there is as many as twelve return direct flights between Australia and Vietnam daily.

Amother anomaly is the price of a visa in oz and America homeland is over $100 yet a visa from cambodia Vietnam Embassy for an Australian passport is less than half!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

footix

15 day visa free for a few countries is now well into it's 2nd year. I used it in November last year. They didn't announce it was being extended last year until quite late in the day. If the e-visa process works and is quick you can wait until shortly before you want to travel anyway. 

makavelli

I emailed the embassy yesterday and the price list they sent me for postal service was pretty expensive:

Normal service £55 - Express service £72

Then an extra £8 for passport to be returned and they even charge you a £3 handling fee even if you include your own pre-paid envelope!

I am not planning on going to late July so I think its prob best waiting till after June 2018 to see if they extend the current free 15 day visa.

Cheers

Althai

This post saved me and a buddy $75 each. We thought we had found the embassy site for visa applications but it was a third party with a very convincing site. We both sent in our info and cc numbers, and the very next day i found this post. Needless to say we canceled our cards and canceled the visa app through their site. The link in this post worked perfectly, and we got our visas for our March trip in less than 24 hours. MUCH APPRECIATED!