Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

talung66

Grocery specials and CC priced deals

talung66
2 hours ago, Roving Rover said:

In the past two or three years have started buying all fruit at stickered price in Big C rather than those fruit barrow market sellers on Soi Buakhao, where bags of pineapple (or melon) seem to have doubled in price from 10 to 20 Baht.  

I was thinking it was due to seasonal prices but now is the time for most thai fruit except grapes.that are always over 100 per kilo everywhere i have paid 50 to 70 before.

talung66

One for your TGF there are 2 shops on soi buakow  one in frount of soi 15 and the other closer to the market end that sells clothes for 60 baht a item.My tgf loves the place the styles change all the time and are fake name brands.

i phone 001.JPG

biggles

My GF says that if you dont stop spreading the word about the 60 baht shops she will put out a contract on you. !!  hahaha

talung66

A new fortnight has started today and due to the state of origin only went to tops. And from now on i will be adding a treat for the special buy of the fortnight every fortnight as tops change there pasty specials and it's always a 2 for 1 deal. for a sweet 1 and a savoury 1. This time it's custard danish and a frankfurter bun

004.JPG

talung66

Forgot to grab the catalogue for the fortnight but these 2 items were a must by for me as i needed the mouth wash and the TGF goes through crackers for the cheese i have brought from back home like no tomorrow.

005.JPG

006.JPG

talung66

Been busy with friend this fortnight And haven't been everywhere but locally in the central area nothing that takes my fancy for the weekly specials.

The tops pastry specials are basically the same but the sweet pastry had chocolate instead of custard

talung66

Must have missed something the pastry special did change eventually it's a taro pie (strudel) and an almond twist.

If anyone still viewing thread and lives here missing the good stuff from home due to the high prices it pays of to go every day you never know what there is yesterday i got a whole french salami that sell for 479 for 90 baht.there were other there in the 700 range going for 180.

IMG_0270.JPG

Edited by talung66

Petesie

Great thread for the thrifty here...love it! :)

talung66

Better Add this as it may well be my last from reading signs in Thai as the TGF is off the czechia for work for 2 years.

Major cineplex at the avenue is my choise for going to the movies as you guessed it is the cheapest.So the deal there ATM is 90 baht for a movie in the cheap seats on mondays and wednesdays and 110 baht in the good ones.

And for those over 60 on tuesdays 60 baht(not 100% sure if they will honour farangs)

jbennett

40 baht palm oil is great for whacking off.:D

ertert

Great thread keep it going cheers!

talung66

Sunglasses if you going to by fake any how go to tukom there is a stall on the ground floor that sell them for 39 bhat.

jpmelville

My favourite set of mixed breakfast sausages(1000g) married with 500g of chili bologna as BOGOF for 143bht all in. Love you Makro!

These sausages are much better as those plain chicken sausages.

Downside of getting that bologna is that I had to buy the bread also. :)

IMG_20170808_131332.jpg

talung66

Thought this info need a thread on its own van service to BKK for 92 bhat and other services and hope fully others will add more.

Edited by talung66

talung66

Not much around that interests me this week so i thought i would just add where i go for a massage it's on chalermprakiat 19 the soi just before the bend on soi buakow around the corner from the fruit and veg market. about 5 shops down .There are 2  I go to the first one always busy. 

Both shop have thai massage /foot massage massage for 100 baht 

talung66

This weeks pastry specials are (snail) raisin danish and cheese hotdog bun

IMG_0291.JPG

talung66

Nothing much that gets me in for the specials every where this week.Besides black rice a good brand for 70 baht a kg that is normally 135 baht there is also a 4 grain variety. found it at  tops central festival. I normally get a cheaper brands for 85 to 100 baht.

black rice is my rice of choise do some research it's heaps better for you so i bought a heap.

IMG_0293.JPG

talung66

Been on a salad kick for lunch so at 8pm at tops tukcom pattaya tai they make up a boxed mixture of there leftovers from the day at 30 baht per box.totally pot luck what's in it this one has pumpkin/beetroot/lettuce/ham/crabstick/potato/carrot/king mushroom/potato/ great for lunch.

Also at 8pm they turn ther cooked meals into double packs so essentially buy 1 get 1

IMG_0294.JPG

jbennett
On 8/15/2017 at 9:40 AM, talung66 said:

Not much around that interests me this week so i thought i would just add where i go for a massage it's on chalermprakiat 19 the soi just before the bend on soi buakow around the corner from the fruit and veg market. about 5 shops down .There are 2  I go to the first one always busy. 

Both shop have thai massage /foot massage massage for 100 baht 

Do they do naughty massages?:)

ertert
30 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Been on a salad kick for lunch so at 8pm at tops tukcom pattaya tai they make up a boxed mixture of there leftovers from the day at 30 baht per box.totally pot luck what's in it this one has pumpkin/beetroot/lettuce/ham/crabstick/potato/carrot/king mushroom/potato/ great for lunch.

Also at 8pm they turn ther cooked meals into double packs so essentially buy 1 get 1

Do they still do the Banana cake from the bakery? So good and great value.

talung66
8 hours ago, jbennett said:

Do they do naughty massages?:)

NO

7 hours ago, ertert said:

Do they still do the Banana cake from the bakery? So good and great value.

yes but i have been going to big C after 8pm and getting a large muffin loaf bar for 54 bhat the chocolate one.

gambler
11 hours ago, talung66 said:

black rice is my rice of choise do some research it's heaps better for you so i bought a heap.

It's nutritionally better than white rice but the downside is the higher arsenic content.   :unsure:

jbennett
1 hour ago, talung66 said:

NO

image.jpeg.652381cf7b7c995505322811de374554.jpeg

Farmer1
17 hours ago, gambler said:

It's nutritionally better than white rice but the downside is the higher arsenic content.   :unsure:

From BBC website

Now, some ways of cooking rice reduce arsenic levels more than others. We carried out some tests with Prof Meharg and found the best technique is to soak the rice overnight before cooking it in a 5:1 water-to-rice ratio.

That cuts arsenic levels by 80%, compared to the common approach of using two parts water to one part rice and letting all the water soak in. Using lots of water - the 5:1 ratio - without pre-soaking also reduced arsenic levels, but not by as much as the pre-soaking levels.

gambler