Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

talung66

Grocery specials and CC priced deals

talung66

If interest is shown over the next 6 months i will endeavour to add weekly specials and good buys for basic groceries for those that live here. for the central pattaya area.And cover supermarkets/Tops/villa mart/big C/max valu/foodland/and tesco lotus. i don't drive so no makro or big tesco.

My first post i will cover rice and eggs two of the basics. this week you can get a 5kg bag of rice from tops central festival for 79 baht.that 15.8 baht a kilo that comes in at around 1 baht per serve.(I am a chef costing based on 200 grams cooked) or a better quality rice from tesco for 100 baht and 2 other brands for 82 baht.

Eggs the best deal of the week i have seen is in villa mart buy one get one free 69 baht.

Looking for other BM to add deals for all basics from kitchen/laundry/food etc.

i phone 104.JPG

i phone 105.JPG

i phone 108.JPG

Edited by talung66

Colin back in Pattaya

Makro do 30 size 2 eggs for around 90-110 baht (it varies from week to week)

WalterA

Good idea but it will take a lot of energy and time to keep this going!

talung66
7 hours ago, Colin in Nakhon Sawan said:

Makro do 30 size 2 eggs for around 90-110 baht (it varies from week to week)

cheers makro is too far for my walk did it a few times.Just went to big C central 30 eggs mixed size for 84 baht 

3 hours ago, WalterA said:

Good idea but it will take a lot of energy and time to keep this going!

I'll give it a go i like walking there.hope others can ad stuff

Edited by talung66

talung66

Just went to max valu 89 baht for a whole barramundi looked good and cooked thai (ready made meals)food was bieng discounted by 50% at 7pm and reduced in big C in all departments.

NorCalKid

I find great deals on fruit when out on the bike.  Yep, 10b watermelon and pineapple.  It's just kind of when you see them buy.  Can never find if you go looking. 

34862734076_ab75846f15_z.jpg20170525_140300 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

34515897010_22da107bf5_z.jpg20170524_151030 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

WalterA

I think discounts have to be measured by time and travel expense. Does it make sense to go somewhere to save 20 Baht if the Baht bus fare or your petrol is just as much or more? If you are buying in bulk it might be worthwhile.

i get more excited by discontinued lines or close to use by date shit. Often the discount on these sort of items is massive. At Big C Extra you often find a table full of such stuff.

tweedle-dee

its threads like this that basically keeps a lot of us hanging on here ...so ! a veggy good thread. *rated* and here is my contribution, quail eggs here with sauce dip 10 bht .DSC04029.thumb.JPG.a30faf8a98d57f74cab2ea8f4d464a4a.JPG

WalterA

If you come across discount pussy, information would also be appreciated! Lol!

talung66
3 hours ago, WalterA said:

i get more excited by discontinued lines or close to use by date shit. Often the discount on these sort of items is massive. At Big C Extra you often find a table full of such stuff.

Yes that my thing to it happens at about 7pm in most supermarkets for end of day stuff ( bread/cakes/cut fruit/cooked food/salads etc.) and 1pm in tops for fresh meat and dairy and 8pm cooked food.and 2for 1 sandwiches a great buy..tesco seem to be the best at 4pm got 4 pack of yogurt for 16 bhat and a 3 pack of greek yogurt  for 19

talung66

Just got back from tops if you go aroung 1pm many specials on fresh meats. Today i got about 1.5kg of chicken assorted cuts for an average price of under 70 baht per kilo

006.JPG

expatdude

70 baht per kilo for chicken thighs, legs and breasts is about the regular price at Big C Extra, Makro, many other places. Thai markets are also good for some things.

talung66
2 hours ago, expatdude said:

70 baht per kilo for chicken thighs, legs and breasts is about the regular price at Big C Extra, Makro, many other places. Thai markets are also good for some things.

Not so sure may be for bone in ill pop over and look soon.any how just got chicken tenderloin fillet and breast fillets total weight 825 gm for 45.5 bhat under 50 baht a kilo.no bone weight.

i phone 002.JPG

talung66

villa mart has 30 tray of number 4 eggs for 75 baht

004.JPG

rhodie

Keep it going mate. Just may take off.

waco
17 hours ago, tweedle-dee said:

its threads like this that basically keeps a lot of us hanging on here ...so ! a veggy good thread. *rated* and here is my contribution, quail eggs here with sauce dip 10 bht .DSC04029.thumb.JPG.a30faf8a98d57f74cab2ea8f4d464a4a.JPG

Spicy sauce ??

I've never tried them in Thailand

expatdude

The discounted chicken is fine if you want to cook it soon and don't mind it not being the freshest chicken on the block. 70 baht per kilo for fresh, bone in chicken thighs without having to hunt is a good deal, especially considering a substantial meal requires perhaps a quarter kilo. I'm all for frugality, but sometimes the savings isn't worth the effort.

Of course, if your bliss comes from finding bargains, have fun.

Here's a couple tips. Siambury's on the darkside has Emborg 'mature cheddar' for 275 a kilo, and many other cheeses at substantial savings. Much lower than you can get even at Makro. They also have 250 grams of Emborg butter for 49 baht, a very very low price--not sure how they can do that.

I'd consider picking some up for anyone who doesn't travel to the darkside, it's pretty far out there--past the top of the hill on Kao Talo.

tweedle-dee
2 hours ago, waco said:

Spicy sauce ??

I've never tried them in Thailand

I actually gave it a thought on having some one go round the bars selling them.

QuotaMan

Good thread, who gave it a one star?

Great information even for those on a brief holiday as it can get old (and expensive) with the fast food and restaurants.

vivid2

And yet another great deal from Villa. Just look at the savings.

6e5b88396c0751326c5f01a4bf85ad59.jpg

Jebb
On 23/06/2017 at 4:24 PM, talung66 said:

If interest is shown over the next 6 months i will endeavour to add weekly specials and good buys for basic groceries for those that live here. for the central pattaya area.And cover supermarkets/Tops/villa mart/big C/max valu/foodland/and tesco lotus. i don't drive so no makro or big tesco.

My first post i will cover rice and eggs two of the basics. this week you can get a 5kg bag of rice from tops central festival for 79 baht.that 15.8 baht a kilo that comes in at around 1 baht per serve.(I am a chef costing based on 200 grams cooked) or a better quality rice from tesco for 100 baht and 2 other brands for 82 baht.

Eggs the best deal of the week i have seen is in villa mart buy one get one free 69 baht.

Looking for other BM to add deals for all basics from kitchen/laundry/food etc.

i phone 104.JPG

i phone 105.JPG

i phone 108.JPG

Fantastic thread mate. Thanks for taking the time. I will be there soon and will follow. :Good_Post:

gentleenforcer

Great thread mate! When I am in Pattaya I like to get all the specials from Big C but cannot read the catalogues! Pictures of the goods help somewhat but it would be good to see it in English.

talung66
6 hours ago, vivid said:

And yet another great deal from Villa. Just look at the savings.

6e5b88396c0751326c5f01a4bf85ad59.jpg

i haver had worse back home here are a few

i phone 098.JPG

i phone 088.JPG

talung66
10 hours ago, expatdude said:

The discounted chicken is fine if you want to cook it soon and don't mind it not being the freshest chicken on the block. 70 baht per kilo for fresh, bone in chicken thighs without having to hunt is a good deal, especially considering a substantial meal requires perhaps a quarter kilo. I'm all for frugality, but sometimes the savings isn't worth the effort.

Of course, if your Bliss comes from finding bargains, have fun.

Here's a couple tips. Siambury's on the darkside has Emborg 'mature cheddar' for 275 a kilo, and many other cheeses at substantial savings. Much lower than you can get even at Makro. They also have 250 grams of Emborg butter for 49 baht, a very very low price--not sure how they can do that.

I'd consider picking some up for anyone who doesn't travel to the darkside, it's pretty far out there--past the top of the hill on Kao Talo.

cheers yes i have fun getting deals.i am a chef buy trade and know all there is to know about product freshness and  use by and expiry dates.i have a freezer.i didn't realise how expensive thing were in the real world i use to get every thing free.

18 hours ago, rhodie said:

Keep it going mate. Just may take off.

cheers

6 hours ago, Jebb said:

Fantastic thread mate. Thanks for taking the time. I will be there soon and will follow. :Good_Post:

exelent

2 hours ago, gentleenforcer said:

Great thread mate! When I am in Pattaya I like to get all the specials from Big C but cannot read the catalogues! Pictures of the goods help somewhat but it would be good to see it in English.

ok ill get my TGf to translate 

The other day I needed a special docket with a bart code to get a deal and she found one in the bin out the frount of 7/11 to save 10 baht on washing powder we needed

specials seem to come out on a wednesday for a 2 week catalog. 

rhodie
10 hours ago, expatdude said:

Of course, if your Bliss comes from finding bargains, have fun.

That cheese looks good.