IGNORED

China Southern

gungadin

Anyone flown China Southern Heathrow to Bangkok?

If so what was your experience like?

Thanks

I have taken LAX-CAN-BKK many times but I can't speak to your route.

While the service is not up the levels of SQ or CX, business class was almost half the price and is the airline I use for most of my transpac flights now.

In fact I'm on one next week.

If the price is right, I would go for it.

I have .. sometimes you can get some very cheap fares.  Quite a lot of the flights have 2 stops Paris or Amsterdam  and China which isn't great.    The last leg from China to BKK can be chaos (crowds of chinese and delayed flights common) its more like a ryanair flight than a long haul.   The flights themselves are quite ok and the airline treats passengers better than most western airlines.   Once I had a long stop in China (> 6hrs) and they put me up in a very nice hotel for 4 hrs sleep and a shower .. which was a very nice surprise and I believe its their standard policy.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I believe the CZ flights stop in Guangzhou (CAN). I have never had an issue transiting internationally there.

As a general rule, China ATC does get messed up but if your flight is early or late things are usually clear. I have had 6 of the 8:55am CAN-BKK flights and none of them were delayed.

I would avoid Beijing and Shanghai like the plague.

I used it 2 times, once to go in Hong kong, and once to go in Bangkok from Paris. The plane was bit old, but everything were ok, the screen was old, and nothing to watch....but the real problem is it's full of chinese....i'am not racist, but seriously, they don't know what mean RESPECT....

6 hours ago, emenems said:

the real problem is it's full of chinese

They do have their own style or lack therof.

If I was in economy I would be more concerned but having been in China many times, I guess I'm a bit desensitized.

Archived