IGNORED

Tequila Reef New Ownership With Large Improvements

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Thanks for the update, it sounds as if you have your hands full but a simple update keeps everyone informed as to progress, That interest is a good thing and promising for your future.  We had a somewhat mediocre margarita when out the other day and thought of TR :D

As I'm sure you know it's not easy without the proper help but I'm getting that taken care of as well. I shall keep you guys more informed and I hope you do the same. If anybody has a reliable and reasonably priced handyman to fix odds and ends that would be great and I would be forever grateful. I've gone through quite a few and most are not up to speed. Others too expensive. 

We got some great margaritas I know that much and I made sure to tell them to add more Tequila. I was gonna put Queso on the menu but suddenly the main supplier stopped selling it. I got 4 cans so I'll be putting together a nice tall Nacho special and maybe just queso, chips and salsa to make it easy. It's quite frustrating when you know what you need to do to fix everything but finding good help is very difficult as I have had some horrible experiences of late. This just gives me more resolve and quite honestly brings me to the conclusion that I shall need to be there most of the time so I'm moving in that direction. 

Trust me gentleman, this isn't rocket science but I needed to get my affairs in order as I have had some major events happen this year in my life which has complicated things but my full attention is now where it should be. There's truly a lot of options in Pattaya for food but with that said I believe our location is solid and I know the concept is sound but EVERYTHING can be better. One step at a time as one can only do things carefully, one step at a time. I've got help as well to make things as fast as possible. The TLC that has been long overdue is now being put in at full speed as I truly care about this legacy and refuse to give up. You guys just continue to give your honest opinions and I will do the rest.  

Please feel free to PM me at anytime as those that know me know I'm as genuine as they come. So shall be the end result of Tequila Reef.

• Like 2

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

30 minutes ago, tequilareef said:

If anybody has a reliable and reasonably priced handyman to fix odds and ends that would be great and I would be forever grateful. I've gone through quite a few and most are not up to speed. Others too expensive. 

Please feel free to PM me at anytime as those that know me know I'm as genuine as they come. So shall be the end result of Tequila Reef.

PM sent

• Like 1

TR, I'm very happy to hear that your getting things back on track. I hope that your restaurant starts serving the best Mexican food in Pattaya. 

You must be very busy preparing for Christmas, but if you let me know that your food is improved, I would be happy to give TR another try and leave a review here. Your place is walking distance from home, and would go there often if the food was better.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteThai said:

TR, I'm very happy to hear that your getting things back on track. I hope that your restaurant starts serving the best Mexican food in Pattaya. 

You must be very busy preparing for Christmas, but if you let me know that your food is improved, I would be happy to give TR another try and leave a review here. Your place is walking distance from home, and would go there often if the food was better.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm getting a few key components that should solve the problems stated in this thread and I will post some special offerings soon at super low non-profit prices to do some testing. We'd be honored if you guys come by and give your opinions. I'll give away what I can on the house. I shall post those exclusively here for PA members only and forego Facebook. 

I know the work that goes on inside this board and this is one of my ways of giving something back. 

• Like 2

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

23 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

PM sent

PM received and replied too :) Thanks

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

On 12/14/2017 at 22:30, tequilareef said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm getting a few key components that should solve the problems stated in this thread and I will post some special offerings soon at super low non-profit prices to do some testing. We'd be honored if you guys come by and give your opinions. I'll give away what I can on the house. I shall post those exclusively here for PA members only and forego Facebook

I know the work that goes on inside this board and this is one of my ways of giving something back. 

I'll be there with suggestions if you're interested--I have quite a bit of experience with Mexican food in Mexico, the US and now Thailand. I've used the handyman you recently received information on and he's good.

• 1 year later...

Train your staff not to be rude to customers.

I went in yesterday and presented my PATTAYA Addicts Discount Card.

The older waitress in a white Tequila Reef shirt mumbled something about Philippines and I showed her it was a PATTAYA discount card and she snapped at me in broken English "I KNOW HOW TO READ!"

And the meal (East Los Angeles Burrito) was dangerously undercooked.

The Angeles City Tequila Reef is better run, has friendly staff and the food is cooked.

Oh, and at 2:30pm on a Saturday in February on Soi 7 I was the only customer.

Not surprised.

Tequila Reef Angeles City is one of my favorite restaurants in Angeles.  I am there two to three times a week and I never get bored with the food.  I did not know there is a Tequila Reef in Pattaya (still a Pattaya newbie) and I am surprised to read about all these issues.  

TR, wish you the best in getting things in order ASAP.  You know how to do it if you have ever been involved in the AC operation.  I will be in Pattaya soon and looking forward to lots Mexican food at your place.  

I did eventually try this place after hearing about the improvements.

I found it incredibly poor before and I did notice some level of improvement. But overall, not good enough for me to return. 

So these days I'm going to Taco Taco which isn't perfect either, but I think the best in town at the moment.

Edited by Kreggerz

• 3 months later...
On 09/02/2019 at 14:38, GoodMan555 said:

Tequila Reef Angeles City is one of my favorite restaurants in Angeles.  I am there two to three times a week and I never get bored with the food.  I did not know there is a Tequila Reef in Pattaya (still a Pattaya newbie) and I am surprised to read about all these issues.  

TR, wish you the best in getting things in order ASAP.  You know how to do it if you have ever been involved in the AC operation.  I will be in Pattaya soon and looking forward to lots Mexican food at your place.  

Damn I found it disgusting.  Breakfast was edible but the Mexican food I tried and saw was very bad.

• Thanks 1

visited the rest in may , its was empty and the prices are just crazy for pattaya , i love mexican food so i had a try and order fajitas and it was just great

cant say i come back , prices are to high 

• Like 1

Had some not bad meals here but also had the worst meal ever in my life. So keep an open mind.

8 hours ago, holonia said:

visited the rest in may , its was empty and the prices are just crazy for pattaya , i love mexican food so i had a try and order fajitas and it was just great

Maybe that's why it was great..

Just saying.

• Like 2

IYKYK

On 11/06/2019 at 22:58, holonia said:

"Waiter, back in Texas I can get a better burrito at half the price."

"Yes Sir, but when you're done eating it, you will still be in Texas."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/06/2019 at 18:02, jiz said:

"Waiter, back in Texas I can get a better burrito at half the price."

"Yes Sir, but when you're done eating it, you will still be in Texas."

That's not entirely fair. I also find the prices rather high for Pattaya (and incredibly high for the mediocre quality of the food). It's not necessary to compare them to another country.

7 hours ago, OldAsiaHand said:

That's not entirely fair. I also find the prices rather high for Pattaya (and incredibly high for the mediocre quality of the food). It's not necessary to compare them to another country.

Not necessarily comparing to another country as a bit of humor at Texas's expense. You may recall, the best part of Texas is smack dab in the middle, since any direction you go, you're leaving. :-) 555

32 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Not necessarily comparing to another country as a bit of humor at Texas's expense. You may recall, the best part of Texas is smack dab in the middle, since any direction you go, you're leaving. :-) 555

Damn, I loved the time I lived in Texas. Twelve years or so working the oil patch. I loved the money I made. I loved the beautiful women there. So many and so easy to meet on Saturday nights at the clubs. I loved the politics. I loved my pickup truck, lol. I loved the fishing down on the coast. Deer hunting in the Hill Country. The food there is awesome. Barbecue. Mexican. Even the music scene in Austin is good. I still visit relatives and friends in Texas every chance I get. 

I have tried the Tequilla Reef in AC as well as Pattaya.  Gotta say my experience in AC was much better which is surprising since good food in AC is tough to come by on a consistent basis

34935D58-ABC9-4062-AB62-48827FE53DB9.jpg

My burrito in AC was very well done and tasted good.   

344DDEA7-3D18-4AEB-BB2F-89062144447C.jpg

That was Sept 2018

I visited the one in Pattaya May 2019 and was kinda excited to go there with pretty good expecatations

I ordered a premium Margarita and it looked good but the taste was off.  Couldn't really identify what was wrong but they missed something

00411-DF5-42-BF-466-E-968-A-92-A21-B1-E9

Had a combo platter Burrito and enchilada

7718CCF9-8841-46C9-833D-326A589FDB7E.jpg

It was decent but based on the positive reviews I was expecting it to be much better

Maybe they were just having an off night but it all tasted pretty average. 

The rice was inedible and the beans were cold and not consistent.  The beans and rice almost tasted like they had been sitting out for awhile

I will go back hoping that it will be better next time but AC definitely won this time 

Edited by j_d66

Having had businesses that have been roaring successes and some that have been abject failures. Knowing when to close down or change concept is key!

About nine or ten years ago myself and a couple of co-workers had dinner at the one on Soi 7 in Patts. Don't remember if it was good or bad. We had dinner, some beers and left. I do remember there was a lot of Marine Corps memorabilia, patches, plaques and the like on the wall, so I assumed the owner at the time was a retired Marine. 

• 5 months later...

Walked past this place this afternoon, didn’t know they had closed down. No signs or adverts anymore. Had  some of my best ribs and margaritas here. Will miss this place. :sad:

Fred

Was a great place for me up to about 8 years ago, went totally downhill, kept going back regularly in the hope it had improved but unfortunately not. Really hope they can re-live past glories at new location. Eagerly awaiting reports guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm staying down the street on my next visit in January. Will definitely have a few meals at Tequila Reef.

Just learning now about the news about your father. Sorry for your loss. I met him a few years back and we had a very nice conversation. He made me feel welcome. He gave thoughtful responses to questions he may have heard too many times before. He  gave me some good insights into life in Pattaya and opened my eyes on a few things. I wish you all the best.