IGNORED

Tequila Reef New Ownership With Large Improvements

8 hours ago, deandog said:

Reading the posts in this thread are somewhat discouraging to me as I have know Tequila Reef and his recently passed away father for about 5 years. While I have been to the Pattaya location only a few times and not at all for a couple years, they always served decent mexican food and the best margaritas. Same with the Angeles City restaurant. I just want to throw a little support TR's way. He and his father are two of the best guys I have met in the mongering community. I hope everyone will cut TR a little slack as he tries to improve the restaurant and overcome a devastating personal loss. I have confidence he will make good on his promises and in the meantime if the food is not up to par yet treat yourself to the best Margs in the city, AC or Pattaya. 

They are two separate things.

Whether there are people you like running a business and they have sympathetic personal stories and the quality of the food served.

Specifically the Mexican food.

It was never good. Nothing personal about the people. 

The reality is that some restaurants do OK serving poor food. Such as ones in nightlife areas that sell a lot of booze. That's fine for a business if it works but for those looking for good Mexican food, better to go elsewhere. 

If there are later reports that the Mexican food actually has gotten better there, well, that would be welcome news. 

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 10:55 AM, QuotaMan said:

A mid-day visit

59657897d4545_CopyofIMG_20170704_124644153_HDR.thumb.jpg.16999607fa626eae72390e518571c4a3.jpg

5965788a66dee_CopyofIMG_20170704_125530743.thumb.jpg.b8e7f10edd9846305636b2d3bbb2ac7a.jpg

5965787d7bc91_CopyofIMG_20170704_130022264.thumb.jpg.ff9c746780ed173e846ee11d7c209549.jpg

59657871d0ea6_CopyofIMG_20170704_130352170.thumb.jpg.08e0a03daa0a84b318fe0443289ec605.jpg

It was mid-day and only one other customer inside.

At the time only one woman on duty, cleaning the floors and taking orders. 

I ordered the chips and salsa and the (according to their menu), “VEGGIE” CALIFORNIA WRAP BURRITO “, Pregnant Flour Tortilla filled with Mexican Rice, Baby Corn, Fajita Vegetables, Mixed Greens and fresh Salsa.

Service was fine, nothing special, take my order, serve it.

Chips were great, warm and tasted fresh out of the fryer. Salsas were ok, a bit too chunky and not that flavorful. My recommendation is to offer unlimited servings of the chips for a higher price (my small portion was 50 baht). Some Mexican restaurants in the U.S. offer unlimited chips as a complimentary item.

The burrito itself was so-so. The lack of beans inside a veggie burrito was odd as well as some of the filling choices (mushrooms?), so I had to special request beans from the waitress, no big deal. I did like that the burrito had no cheese, so kudos for that.

I had to scrape off the sour Cream (didn't know it came on top) as I don't eat dairy products if I can help it. I also didn't like the sauce they used for the inside of the burrito. At the time I couldn't pinpoint what it was about the sauce, other than it was incredibly spicy (which later contributed to a bit of stomach issues). Then I realized that it probably tasted similar to the watery red wet sauce topping they put on some burritos in the U.S. I personally don't think that type of sauce should be used as a filler myself.

I don't know if many people even order a veggie burrito as it seems most people who go to Pattaya are meat eaters as I used to be. But just my opinion that to improve this, they'll need to ditch that red sauce, a lot of the vegetables, and put a lot of refried beans and rice in the burrito. 

Cheers.

I experienced this as well.  As a Tex Mex place a burrito should have a shitload of stuff in it, especially beans and lots of veggies and cheese.

This being said Mexican food is nearly non existent in Japan.  I'll take anything I can get.  Despite the forum making it seem like Tequila Reef is the worst restaurant in Thailand, I will be going back. 

13 hours ago, jerrygarcia said:

I experienced this as well.  As a Tex Mex place a burrito should have a shitload of stuff in it, especially beans and lots of veggies and cheese.

This being said Mexican food is nearly non existent in Japan.  I'll take anything I can get.  Despite the forum making it seem like Tequila Reef is the worst restaurant in Thailand, I will be going back. 

I had a great California burrito at TR a few years ago.

This veggie burrito was a bit of a disappointment and I tried to give tips on why. You are correct, a burrito like this should have a lot more stuff in it.

I just had a huge ass burrito from Chipotle, and it was delicious. If you cut the burrito in half, the majority of the ingredient is the rice with beans. I also had sofritas (tofu meat substitute). It's really simple, if you get those basic ingredients down right, along with the tortilla (and not make it spicy), it would be perfect. Not really hard to do but realize this is Pattaya and not the U.S. so ingredients might be a challenge. I don't think they necessarily need a Mexican chef, just the right ingredients and cooked the right way.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

I would if he had a better location. 

and not open till 1 pm which keeps me away

On 7/13/2017 at 5:36 AM, deandog said:

Reading the posts in this thread are somewhat discouraging to me as I have know Tequila Reef and his recently passed away father for about 5 years. While I have been to the Pattaya location only a few times and not at all for a couple years, they always served decent mexican food and the best margaritas. Same with the Angeles City restaurant. I just want to throw a little support TR's way. He and his father are two of the best guys I have met in the mongering community. I hope everyone will cut TR a little slack as he tries to improve the restaurant and overcome a devastating personal loss. I have confidence he will make good on his promises and in the meantime if the food is not up to par yet treat yourself to the best Margs in the city, AC or Pattaya. 

Personally, I think most of us would like to see Chris and TR be a big success. We are only offering constructive criticism. He has a great location, nice decor, and it would be my go-to mexican restaurant if only the food was better. Chris definitely deserves to be cut some slack, I'm all for it. But he started this thread, stating that there are large improvements, so many people including myself ran down to TR to give it another chance, unfortunately he must have been jumping the gun a little as there was no improvements yet. If he ever comes back to this thread and says that the new improvements are in place, I will give TR another try.     

I have a constructive idea.

It's been a while now since the announcement about the large improvements.

Perhaps we can get some information from the new owner on specific dishes that have been largely improved, and in what way have they been improved. 

If it's true, that will encourage more people to test that out and provide feedback.

Obviously if the improvements haven't really been made for whatever reason, well, don't bother. 

11 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

Perhaps we can get some information from the new owner on specific dishes that have been largely improved, and in what way have they been improved. 

Obviously if the improvements haven't really been made for whatever reason, well, don't bother. 

Considering the silence from the TR owner, you may already have your answer. 

• Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

12 hours ago, likeaking said:

Considering the silence from the TR owner, you may already have your answer. 

I was wondering the same thing.
Why start a thread inviting comments (good, bad or indifferent) and not be round to acknowledge or reply?
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, TR is a must visit for me every trip to AC, not because of Mexican, but other items.

Wish TR well ... and engaged.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to say too much, but I think the owner is having big problems with the landlords, and they are demanding ridiculous amounts of money for him to transfer the lease into his name from his fathers name. As well as a huge increase in the rent. Typical thai, they would rather have a  building that is in massive disrepair standing empty, than give some help to the lease holder. I hope the owner doesn't mind me posting this.I have said before that there is maybe a reason why he isn't posting, and should be given some leeway, to get things right. Maybe he is looking for alternative premises, and then he can have a fresh start and get things right.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hellyes2oo2 said:

I don't want to say too much, but I think the owner is having big problems with the landlords, and they are demanding ridiculous amounts of money for him to transfer the lease into his name from his fathers name. As well as a huge increase in the rent. Typical thai, they would rather have a  building that is in massive disrepair standing empty, than give some help to the lease holder. I hope the owner doesn't mind me posting this.I have said before that there is maybe a reason why he isn't posting, and should be given some leeway, to get things right. Maybe he is looking for alternative premises, and then he can have a fresh start and get things right.

If what your saying is right the guy should look at moving as a great opportunity.

New and much better location, up around Soi Buakhao area or on one of the Soi13s + moving has the huge advantage of ditching all the previous baggage associated with it, often poor food, couldn't care less staff and so on.

If the guys got the money to invest and kit out a new place hes got a better chance of making it a success with a fresh start somewhere else I think.

Good luck to him whatever happens.

If true, that sounds like a rough situation.

Maybe moving would work and maybe it wouldn't.

Part of that locally famous brand even if the food isn't good, is the famous location.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me just say this : 

I was in the AC establishment the other day... the place was busy.... staff were friendly... food was deliscous ...clean... even the farang manager stopped by to ask how everything was... wonderful dining experience....

today I ordered the Huevos Racheros for delivery... everything arrived hot and it had everything included even milk, powdered cream, and sugar for my hot tea!!!

price is right too.... 

Yes not in Pattaya but still relevant...

On 7/31/2017 at 0:39 AM, Kreggerz said:

Staffing problems is the bane of every Pattaya restaurateur. Ever try working with Thai people? Hire them, train them and then they don't show up...or don't want to take orders from a foreigner....or if you do find a good one, their goal is usually to become manager and steal as much as they can... If the TR guy wants it right he has to do everything himself. 

Some people do make it work though. I think  a switched on Thai wife is one of the keys to success.

Edited by jiz

7 hours ago, navidnavid said:

...today I ordered the Huevos Racheros for delivery... everything arrived hot and it had everything included even milk, powdered Cream, and sugar for my hot tea!!!

aa.jpg.1ef3e95fc78da86a09334e3ba69d02f5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your loss.  TR has been one of my favorite restaurants since I started visiting Pattaya in the early 2000's.  It's been a place where I would meet up with BM's and other friends for one of those legendary stiff margaritas before a night out on the town.  And there have been some cute waitresses at TR over the years....anyone remember Ice?  Living in San Diego, just a skip and a hop from the border, I know what excellent Mexican food tastes like and I will say that some of the best Mexican food comes from the street vendors, not the restaurants, IMO.  This is especially true in Baja Mexico.  I would suggest to the owner to spend some time in Baja California, perhaps checking out the vendor scene in Ensenada and Santa Rosalita, and then heading down to Baja California Sur in La Paz and Cabo, and if you're fearless enough then venture into Mexico City.  There's some excellent food in these places.  You can also check out the food truck scene in East L.A. and parts of San Diego.   I think that you will get some fresh ideas that you can bring back to TR.

p.s. Perhaps I'm being a little picky with this but you may want to discourage the cooks from taking their smoking break outside in front of the customers.  It's a bit of a put off to see them spitting and sometimes picking their noses while you're trying to enjoy your meal.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Restaurant owner looks like the infamous Max Clifford..

max.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 01.04.37.png

Edited by Klongwater
Photo added

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

59 minutes ago, jiz said:

Reason 1,001 for never doing business in Thailand. 

My advice is never get involved with the Thais. You  don't want to know  the real Thailand.

Be a tourist. Wear your flip flops, drink the beer, fuck the girls and mind your own business.

I hear what you say, the real Thailand is not for everyone, it is a lifestyle decision.

You cannot conduct any business in Thailand without Thai's, and I know countless foreign businesses who thrive in Thailand as they have the right attitude, and know how to respectfully deal with Thai's. (it's all about face)

A lot of Farangs can't afford to live in Thailand unless they run a business, as their foreign pensions don't cover even the cost of living any more, due to exchange rates.

Maybe refusing to give this guy a release letter was a bit short sighted, but we don't know the full story.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 14:33, tequilareef said:

Tequila Reef Pattaya has been around since April of 2000 and it's original founder and owner my father passed away April 20, 2017 after succumbing to a six-month bout with liver cancer. I have taken over full ownership of the Reef in Pattaya and have personally undergone some much needed dramatic changes to our core menu items. I could not have done this without the help of a 30-year Texan friend of mine who ironically owned his own Mexican restaurant in Chiang Mai known as the Mexican Grill. 

We are constantly working on every aspect of the business including adding some additional items which are coming very soon. That I shall leave a secret for now but rest assured we shall be giving it away in the beginning.  A new menu is also in the works along with promotional material. 

I am now confident enough to post about Tequila Reef Pattaya and I hope those of you who might have had bad experiences in the past give us another try. All your comments good bad or indifferent are welcome so we may better serve you, the valued customer.  We are constantly looking to improve everything making the best possible food for everyone to enjoy. I know that's an impossible task but nonetheless our goal. 

Here are a few photos with much more to come in the future. Remember all Pattaya Addicts members receive a 10% discount. Hope to see you around

20170525_174348.jpg

20170527_171459.jpg

20170527_171433.jpg

20170524_170710.jpg

Sorry for your loss, but good luck in the future.

I will make a point in popping in next trip as I never had a problem in the past.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 22:26, Cerberus said:

Unfortunately I believed the content of this thread regards improvements and took a friend there tonight, I am going to use broad brush strokes as opposed to covering every point. Food by consensus was mediocre at best although one of the party left his after a couple of mouthfuls. Service was poor and that is being generous, ambiance would have been average had it not been for two members of staff carrying on a conversation with two substantial customers about being in their condo tomorrow at vocal level that denied our conversing at normal levels. Was there any saving grace? the margaritas passed the test. 

If you are going to open a thread about improvements I honestly believe you should not do so until said improvements are in place, It will take a lot to convince me to try again, as even the basics are wrong. I wish you luck with this venture but if you are not going to be in attendance yourself perhaps you need to consider a competent manager and some training for the cooks as it was truly the worse meal I have had in a while.

Thanks for coming by and giving us a try and your honest review. Bad reviews and negative comments brings out the best with even more resolve in any good business owner. 

Before I answer specific posts in kind, I would like to preface this post by the simple fact I jumped the gun in posting about "large" improvements. This was due to my excitement of the future as Tequila Reef is in a good location and it has a lot of character along with a sound concept and branded name. And we have already made some giant steps but I knew there would be speedbumps along the way, some more profound or publicized than others. The more apropos title would have been "Tequila Reef New Ownership Many Modifications In The Works. When I originally posted this I was happy to see how far we had come in a relatively short period of time but there are many hurdles and bumps to iron out. 

I've owned my own business for 20 years and helped start 5 other successful businesses since I was 18 years old. This doesn't mean I'm perfect it just means I have experience. I grew up here in Thailand and know very well what is needed to "make the gravy brown", so does my good friend and manager, he's only been here for 31 years. He's from Texas and I'm from California and we are both very passionate about doing the best we can with the tools we have. The process of undertaking such a project is quite daunting but a promise was made and I intend to keep it. 

Any good restaurant is constantly striving for perfection but that can never be achieved in the food business, regardless of how much effort put into it or the money you spend on improvements. We are not looking to please everyone but we are looking to improve everything from the ground up. 

On 7/8/2017 at 15:48, hellyes2oo2 said:

Cerberus. I think you need to cut this guy some slack. He has taken over from his late father, and from what I hear he has a big job on his hands in turning this place around. I have to admit I have never been to the place, but from what i have read in this topic, and also on other threads in different forums, it has been going downhill for a few years now.

It seems to me that he has two big jobs on his hands, firstly, and probably for him, most importantly, getting the food right, i think he said that he had some guy from Chang Mai running the kitchen, but from the first few reviews, that isn't going to well, so maybe he needs to rethink that.Secondly, and just as important i think is getting the front of house sorted. It seems that the service staff are very poor, and have been allowed to get away with that for a long time now.

First impressions are very important, and if the staff are poor, then that is one of the first things that people read in reviews, so even if the food improves, if people have heard that you have to wait 30-40 minutes for food, and staff are on their phones or just stood gossiping, they are not going to go.

I hope he gets it right, because you never like to see anyone fail in business, especially in a foreign country, so good luck to him By the way Cerberus I realise that as a fellow businessman you also hope that he does well, and gets it right..

No slack is needed or asked for but your sediments are appreciated nonetheless. Thanks for that. We are certainly rethinking everything but there are certain priorities which must be fulfilled if you run a real American treaty corporation. Nothing can be achieved if our business is not structured properly and our financial obligations to the Thai government are not met. They have deadlines and I'm happy to say we have completed the endless amounts of paperwork involved in moving forward without fear of being shut down because of lack of due diligence. This is not an excuse, it's just a fact of doing business in Thailand the proper way.

On 7/8/2017 at 15:50, just hanging said:

if you have bad staff, or cook that really doesnt care, you cannot fix them, ever.  You must change them from the voice of experience

This is very true but there are other considerations that must be taken into account before this can be done. Obviously, I cannot reveal the details but let's just say they are complicated and costly. 

On 7/9/2017 at 23:31, Cerberus said:

I thought I already had to be direct, as you say I like to support people running a business and was doing so in this instance by taking friends there because it had been been stated the improvements were in hand. It was truly the worse food I have been given anywhere in Pattaya in the past 14 years, the staff really were not bothered whatsoever, a total lack of interest. I made the post because I felt he needs to know what is happening seeing as he is not present himself. We had to park at some distance  and then walk to the restaurant but I after his recent posts I was looking to give them some support.

I do not think there was a cook, if I had taken this over I would have started from the bottom up and that would have meant firing all the staff as they have already adopted the habits of laziness and disinterest. so you are right.

I certainly need to know what others experience and I can't be in all places at all times. I believe I stated above our intentions and we know where all our problems lie. Stating how you would do things is pointless as you don't know the entire story. I'm sorry about your bad experience and if you wish, you can have a complete refund. 

On 7/10/2017 at 09:38, Cheetos said:

I do not understand why the owner is not active in his own establishment to witness this garbage.  Leads me to believe he does not give a damn.

May I ask if you have ever owned a business before? Does not seeing the owner mean he is not active or does it mean perhaps he's busy doing other things? Honest criticisms I can take without a problem but conjecture is something I don't care to address as I have more important things to worry about. Actions speak louder than words, especially words based on speculation. 

On 7/10/2017 at 18:45, Garzan said:

I think @tequilareef could have shortstopped a lot of the issues here if he would have added "coming soon" to the thread title. Large Improvements Coming Soon. Unfortunately he didn't, so when people gave him the benefit of the doubt, and gave TR another try, and the improvements obviously had not been made yet, his credibility suffers. 

TR has got an awesome location, and it could be outstanding. It just needs those "large improvements" like attentive staff, decent cook, reworked menu, etc to actually happen. There are other restaurants in Pattaya that prove good Mexican food can be done, and I hope, at some point TR manages to do it. I've had many a meal there, and while I would rate it as 'okay', it's a ways from being 'good'. I'd spend a lot more money there if it got closer to 'good'. :-)

Please read above and thanks, we know we have a winning combination but a lot of hard work and time is needed to achieve our ultimate goal. 

On 7/11/2017 at 12:01, hellyes2oo2 said:

Maybe the solution for TR is to interview and get in place a new chef, and new staff, then get rid off all the existing staff. Then close down for a week, train all the new serving staff, upto an acceptable standard, and give the new chef time to get used to his new kitchen, and work out a new menu. Then have a night where he invites some of the people on here who are well aquainted with mexican food, to taste the new food and give their opinions, and depending on the results re-open again. I guess he may have to make a few tweaks, but at least he will have the opinion of the people who are likely to eat there.

Sounds like you might have done this before as this is what was done exactly in the Angeles City operation and that turned out quite well. That said, a lot was also learned from it which shall be applied here in Pattaya.

On 7/11/2017 at 12:02, WhiteThai said:

You guys hit the nail on the head. The ONLY way to get real Mexican food, is to have a good Mexican chef. It's a shame that no one in Pattaya has spent the money to make this happen.

You don't have to be Mexican in origin to make it's native food properly. Same goes for many varieties of food. Why would somebody invest a large sum of money on somebody just because they are Mexican to come to Pattaya. The prices would have to reflect both the initial and reoccurring investment and I'm pretty sure most of you wouldn't stand for that fact alone. We know the price points and we also know what the food is supposed to taste like. 

On 7/29/2017 at 10:55, just hanging said:

and not open till 1 pm which keeps me away

We are open at 11:30 am every day except on Songkran holidays. We are considering adjustments if business dictates such a change. The willingness to make changes, admit any shortcomings and listen to all comments should answer many questions. 

12 hours ago, Highlander said:

I hear what you say, the real Thailand is not for everyone, it is a lifestyle decision.

You cannot conduct any business in Thailand without Thai's, and I know countless foreign businesses who thrive in Thailand as they have the right attitude, and know how to respectfully deal with Thai's. (it's all about face)

A lot of Farangs can't afford to live in Thailand unless they run a business, as their foreign pensions don't cover even the cost of living any more, due to exchange rates.

Maybe refusing to give this guy a release letter was a bit short sighted, but we don't know the full story.

I believe having a business open since 2001 and another in Bangkok since 1985 which we are no longer a part of speaks volumes of having the right attitude. We have shown our staff nothing but respect. And not you do not know the entire story. Do you think the newspaper got it right? Far from it. 

Please read this for those who might not have seen it - 

I hope this answers things up to this point in time and there will certainly be more concrete changes in the very near future. I believe what happened to my friend the other night speaks volumes although many important details cannot be revealed here. 

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

23 minutes ago, tequilareef said:

Thanks for coming by and giving us a try and your honest review. Bad reviews and negative comments brings out the best with even more resolve in any good business owner. 

Before I answer specific posts in kind, I would like to preface this post by the simple fact I jumped the gun in posting about "large" improvements. This was due to my excitement of the future as Tequila Reef is in a good location and it has a lot of character along with a sound concept and branded name. And we have already made some giant steps but I knew there would be speedbumps along the way, some more profound or publicized than others. The more apropos title would have been "Tequila Reef New Ownership Many Modifications In The Works. When I originally posted this I was happy to see how far we had come in a relatively short period of time but there are many hurdles and bumps to iron out. 

I've owned my own business for 20 years and helped start 5 other successful businesses since I was 18 years old. This doesn't mean I'm perfect it just means I have experience. I grew up here in Thailand and know very well what is needed to "make the gravy brown", so does my good friend and manager, he's only been here for 31 years. He's from Texas and I'm from California and we are both very passionate about doing the best we can with the tools we have. The process of undertaking such a project is quite daunting but a promise was made and I intend to keep it. 

Any good restaurant is constantly striving for perfection but that can never be achieved in the food business, regardless of how much effort put into it or the money you spend on improvements. We are not looking to please everyone but we are looking to improve everything from the ground up. 

No slack is needed or asked for but your sediments are appreciated nonetheless. Thanks for that. We are certainly rethinking everything but there are certain priorities which must be fulfilled if you run a real American treaty corporation. Nothing can be achieved if our business is not structured properly and our financial obligations to the Thai government are not met. They have deadlines and I'm happy to say we have completed the endless amounts of paperwork involved in moving forward without fear of being shut down because of lack of due diligence. This is not an excuse, it's just a fact of doing business in Thailand the proper way.

This is very true but there are other considerations that must be taken into account before this can be done. Obviously, I cannot reveal the details but let's just say they are complicated and costly. 

I certainly need to know what others experience and I can't be in all places at all times. I believe I stated above our intentions and we know where all our problems lie. Stating how you would do things is pointless as you don't know the entire story. I'm sorry about your bad experience and if you wish, you can have a complete refund. 

May I ask if you have ever owned a business before? Does not seeing the owner mean he is not active or does it mean perhaps he's busy doing other things? Honest criticisms I can take without a problem but conjecture is something I don't care to address as I have more important things to worry about. Actions speak louder than words, especially words based on speculation. 

Please read above and thanks, we know we have a winning combination but a lot of hard work and time is needed to achieve our ultimate goal. 

Sounds like you might have done this before as this is what was done exactly in the Angeles City operation and that turned out quite well. That said, a lot was also learned from it which shall be applied here in Pattaya.

You don't have to be Mexican in origin to make it's native food properly. Same goes for many varieties of food. Why would somebody invest a large sum of money on somebody just because they are Mexican to come to Pattaya. The prices would have to reflect both the initial and reoccurring investment and I'm pretty sure most of you wouldn't stand for that fact alone. We know the price points and we also know what the food is supposed to taste like. 

We are open at 11:30 am every day except on Songkran holidays. We are considering adjustments if business dictates such a change. The willingness to make changes, admit any shortcomings and listen to all comments should answer many questions. 

I believe having a business open since 2001 and another in Bangkok since 1985 which we are no longer a part of speaks volumes of having the right attitude. We have shown our staff nothing but respect. And not you do not know the entire story. Do you think the newspaper got it right? Far from it. 

Please read this for those who might not have seen it - 

I hope this answers things up to this point in time and there will certainly be more concrete changes in the very near future. I believe what happened to my friend the other night speaks volumes although many important details cannot be revealed here. 

I was talking generically about business in Thailand, not directly about this situation.

The reason for my post, was to reply to a BM who criticised those who choose to open a business in Thailand.

As I said, we don't know the whole story, I have little faith in the accuracy of any media let alone from Thai based media.

• Like 1