Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tequila Reef New Ownership With Large Improvements

Just now, whitespider said:

Hope all goes well bro. See you soon.

Thanks, mate it's been a tough year but such is life. A lot of effort is being put into making things enjoyable for most. Can't please everyone in the food business.

• Like 1

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

sorry about your dad, food pics look good

• Like 1

Hopefully there will be a Western manager onsite to make sure the menu is executed properly. That was really the only problem in the past. Concept vs. execution.

Will give it another try soon.

• Like 2

Just now, just hanging said:

sorry about your dad, food pics look good

I appreciate the condolences. I've been involved in 5 restaurants in my life they just need some TLC to get back on track. And foreigners need to be present doing just that.

• Like 2

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

1 minute ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

Hopefully there will be a Western manager onsite to make sure the menu is executed properly. That was really the only problem in the past. Concept vs. execution.

Will give it another try soon.

He'll be back in 2 days but I spend as much time as I can inside as well. A Western manager is really important to keep things consistent. My father didn't believe in that concept. I most certainly do.

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

Sorry for your loss man and good luck with TR, the past problems have been the serious inconsistency in the food and the so what attitude of the staff.

But I'm sure you know that.

My only suggestion is have all the prices on the menu include tax and not excluding it to be added on later, doing that just pisses people off..

Good luck.

• Like 3

Condolences on your dad. Will try your place out next trip

All my condolences too, will give it another try next time.

Long time i didn't had a meal there, wish you all the best.

5 hours ago, tequilareef said:

He'll be back in 2 days but I spend as much time as I can inside as well. A Western manager is really important to keep things consistent. My father didn't believe in that concept. I most certainly do.

That's good news, because the inconsistency was what was hurting the place. You go in one day and have a great meal and go back a week later and the food you are served is horrible.

It's the reason I haven't been there for 8 or 9 years.

• Like 2

First, very sorry for the loss of your father.

I have enjoyed my visits to both TRs in Pattaya as well and Angeles City.

Just writing this brings back the memories of having the "tableside Margareta shaken by one of the waitresses in AC". 

Good luck in the future of your business.

LeoTex

• Like 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I only come down for a week, every six months and usually try to stop in. I missed this last time, but will certainly give it my best shot in November. I do hope you'll keep some meatless options, (or easily converted to meatless options.) :-)  The breakfast burrito and leaving the bacon in the kitchen has been almost a staple for me in the past. 

Sad news about your dad, but good luck with the future restaurant.

This will be good for your soul to wrap your mind around something else after the past year you have had`. I will drop in when in town in August was planning my virgin AC trip then but x wife's in Pattaya are just as much a drama as any wife's so the AC trip will have to wait till next time. I am sure you will turn this into a raging success. All the best Chris!

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the condolences. Having a family member die in Thailand is a very life changing experience but eye-opening at the same time. Let's just say there is something to say for the Thai government health care system especially when somebody is only paying $20 a month. I will post about some things that might be helpful to others sometime soon as it's a reality we all must face someday.

Regarding the restaurant, we are still having the monthly buffet every third Friday next month is July 21st. There will also be a special July 4th buffet. We'll change it up this year with a few things. I'll post about that fairly soon. Thanks for all the comments and look forward to several upgrades and additions to the menu. 

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

awesome will be in about a week from now....aloha

• Like 1

they call me mr. botolo always down to represent the 808

Im sorry to  hear about your loss.

Back beginning of July will def stop by and check out the new  reef. 

I stopped into Tequila Reef for lunch last trip and thought it was good.  I got a taco and burrito set special that came with beans and rice. 

Do you guys have your stereotypical American Mex style giant burrito found on college campuses?  The burrito I got just had meat and beans on the inside I think.  I was looking for lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought the food at Tequila Reef in AC was great, so was disappointed when I stopped by TR in Pattaya some time last year, just didn't seem as well prepared. Which was unexpected, it needs to be good in Pattaya to compete with all the great options, not so much in the Philippines :). Had a Filipino girl from AC agree, after sampling food from both. The coffee came with powdered milk sachets instead of fresh milk, which is the kind of thing I expect at hole in the wall Thai places :(.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey, thanks for the update and as others said Sorry to hear about your father. But good news about changes, I used to love american stylemexican food but everytime i Try a restaurant here its usually not nearly as good. But i will make an effort to try you guys out again as its been awhile.  You guys should look about adding a California burrito on the menu.. i see you have east la burrito but not sure what that is.

It is native to Southern California, especially San Diego. The California Burrito consists of carne asada, cheese, sour cream and French fries or potatoes rolled into a flour tortilla.

• Like 1

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

Be sure to keep the Marguritas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sabato said:

I thought the food at Tequila Reef in AC was great, so was disappointed when I stopped by TR in Pattaya some time last year, just didn't seem as well prepared. Which was unexpected, it needs to be good in Pattaya to compete with all the great options, not so much in the Philippines :). Had a Filipino girl from AC agree, after sampling food from both. The coffee came with powdered milk sachets instead of fresh milk, which is the kind of thing I expect at hole in the wall Thai places :(.

Ditto... Love the AC Tequila Reef breakfast's... aka steak & eggs...  PTY branch ...  no hab...

Edited by Saddic

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

I ate there a couple of months ago and it was honestly the worst Mexican I have ever had. Granted, I live in LA and there are so many good places here but Mexican is not that hard.

That being said, I will come back again and patronize your place.

Wish you the best.

• Like 1