IGNORED

I Need SIM Card Information

Sexyfarangman

I will arrive in Pattaya in several days and need SIM card information. My understanding is that the 7-11s no longer sell them because checking the passport is too much of a hassle. Where can I go to get a SIM card in Pattaya?

Tukcom electronics mall. 

Location is in South Pattaya Road, about 400m east of intersection Beach Road and Walking Street. Almost opposite the south end of Soi Buakhao.

See tourist map of check Google Maps.

Phones are on first floor up, just take the escalator.

Just now, Bonkabit said:

Tukcom electronics mall. 

Location is in South Pattaya Road, about 400m east of intersection Beach Road and Walking Street. Almost opposite the south end of Soi Buakhao.

See tourist map or check Google Maps.

14 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Tukcom electronics mall. 

See tourist map of check Google Maps.

OK, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go all the way to Tukcom, but it figures that is the place to go. 

Many places, you can do it at the airport, just ask a Thai person and they will direct you.

Many other places can do it for you.

For me, I just give my phone to a girl in the bar and ask her to sort it, then give her a tip.

1 minute ago, GorGuy said:

Many places, you can do it at the airport, just ask a Thai person and they will direct you.

Many other places can do it for you.

For me, I just give my phone to a girl in the bar and ask her to sort it, then give her a tip.

Do you give her your passport too?

4 hours ago, QUIM_SLAYER said:

Why not just get a tourist sim at the airport?

I've never seen anyplace in the airport where I could get a SIM card.

7 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

Are you joking?

After bag collection, exit arrivals out to the public area and you will see many kiosks. Have a walk and look for the phone stands. True, dtac etc they're all there. 

Easy!

Floor 2 I think

2 minutes ago, Ronald McDonald said:

After bag collection, exit arrivals out to the public area and you will see many kiosks. Have a walk and look for the phone stands. True, dtac etc they're all there. 

Easy!

OK, I'll ask someone when I step out of baggage pick-up. I'll have a driver there to pick me up so I might just ask him.

5 hours ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I will arrive in Pattaya in several days and need SIM card information. My understanding is that the 7-11s no longer sell them because checking the passport is too much of a hassle. Where can I go to get a SIM card in Pattaya?

I use AIS on the basement level in Central Festival (they are right on the BR side of the mall)  - fantastic in store service and the phone and Internet service around town is great and very, very cheap.

6 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Floor 2 I think

Great. I can get a DTAC as soon as I step out of baggage. Thanks for that video.

8 minutes ago, The Storm said:

I use AIS on the basement level in Central Festival (they are right on the BR side of the mall)  - fantastic in store service and the phone and Internet service around town is great and very, very cheap.

I've never seen that one, and I've spent a lot of time in CF. I'll look for it next time I go to the food court. It's a lot easier than going to Tukcom.

5 minutes ago, The Storm said:

I`ve found AIS the best personally,I used true move one trip and couldnt text my mate back home whos on vodafone,some petty issues with the two companies or something.

Straight back to AIS the trip after,never looked back!

25 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

As you come out of Baggage/customs just before you leave loads of Kiosks. Done it twice found the one with no people waiting took less than 5 min both times they fit & test the Sim all ready to go.

1 minute ago, mbamber said:

As you come out of Baggage/customs just before you leave loads of Kiosks. Done it twice found the one with no people waiting took less than 5 min both times they fit & test the Sim all ready to go.

I'll look for it as soon as I exit the baggage area.

3 minutes ago, Sexyfarangman said:

I've never seen that one, and I've spent a lot of time in CF. I'll look for it next time I go to the food court. It's a lot easier than going to Tukcom.

If the food court is on your left walk to the far side of mall and you will see the exit, to the immediate right of the exit is the AIS store. 

Dtac is also in CF.  I forget which floor(3-6) It's on the leftside as you ride up the escalator.

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2017 at 2:01 PM, GorGuy said:

No, she can use her ID card.

Good Drills.

Always better to stay under the Radar 555.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived