IGNORED

Rompho market

8 minutes ago, meno said:

hi

how to get to Rompho market from soi diana?

food all day or just from 5 pm?

thanks

food in morning till about 9 or 10,    food at night maybe from 5 till 11.      baht buss will leave you at the hanoman and you can walk for just take a motorcycle taxi, after you eat 40+ bars to entertain you

There will be places to eat open pretty much all day, I think. Just many more food stalls etc at certain times. 

The daytime market isn't that big but I've picked up a few bits & pieces there.

As jh says, get off the baht bus just after it turns right at the lights at the bottom of the hill. Walk around the corner onto second road and it's quite a short walk to the market on the left hand side.

Edit: in case you don't know how to get to Jomtien, take a baht bus down Soi Buakhao onto Pattaya Tai and get off by the school. Walk around the corner of the school and the Jomtien baht buses line up there. They wait until very full before setting off but it doesn't take long. Just give the driver 10 baht when you get off.

Edited by davidge

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'd say take the baht bus to Soi 5, Jomtien beach road.

Then down that soi to 2nd.

I think the walk down Soi 5 would be shorter than the walk from  the Hanuman statue and also less beggars and wild dogs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kreggerz said:

I think the walk down Soi 5 would be shorter than the walk from  the Hanuman statue and also less beggars and wild dogs.

and longer

1 minute ago, just hanging said:

and longer

I really think the walk down Soi 5 is shorter. But both are not bad. 

At night, I'd say Soi 7 as there are a few pit stops on the way :GoldenSmile1:

Definitely from lights along second road during the day.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Sois 5 or 7 are better than Hanuman statue to Rompho market at night because the sidewalk is so broken up you risk spraining or breaking an ankle along Second Road. It's also nice to check out the talent along the sois.

The morning vendors are there around 6:00 a.m. and the evening carts are serving by 4:00 p.m. Lots of fresh meat, fish and produce in the covered market all day but close around 7-8 p.m. The seamstress under the covered part does excellent work at a fair price though she comes off as unfriendly. Two out of three isn't bad. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

19 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I really think the walk down Soi 5 is shorter. But both are not bad. 

time wise.  by the time the baht buss makes it to soi 5 you are already mostly there

Edited by just hanging

22 hours ago, just hanging said:

food in morning till about 9 or 10,    food at night maybe from 5 till 11.      baht buss will leave you at the hanoman and you can walk for just take a motorcycle taxi, after you eat 40+ bars to entertain you

Yes but how many girls for rent?

2 hours ago, just hanging said:

time wise.  by the time the baht buss makes it to soi 5 you are already mostly there

I was speaking of the walking part only being shorter.

Obviously the ride is a bit longer to get to Soi 5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palaeojeo said:

I have eaten on this market many Times as it's near our office. Super tasty food and a lot of variety. The kebab guy there is super friendly and his kebabs are The best I have eaten on Pattaya area. He can remember your order after you visit him twice :)

• Like 2

On 21/06/2017 at 3:15 PM, Kreggerz said:

But you have to dodge all the ladyboy bars.

Is this the small market that also has a Kiss Foods and then all the bars in the back?

I used to eat there all the time when I stayed in Jomtien. Very good seafood and cheap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle-V said:

Is this the small market that also has a Kiss Foods and then all the bars in the back?

I used to eat there all the time when I stayed in Jomtien. Very good seafood and cheap. 

Everyday when I drive back home from work, I wonder why those lazy people are eating that crap in Kiss, when there is a food market just few meters away. Very hard to understand.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jpmelville said:

Everyday when I drive back home from work, I wonder why those lazy people are eating that crap in Kiss, when there is a food market just few meters away. Very hard to understand.

its weird sometimes the girls want to go to Kiss. Out of habit???

19 hours ago, Uncle-V said:

its weird sometimes the girls want to go to Kiss. Out of habit???

sit down with air conditioning

over at the bars, on the side strip with all the restaurants, about halfway down, a new italian opened, good food and good prices.   Oregano.  they replaced marcos

tried seveal things already, all good.  pesto pizza last night

IMG_3562.jpg

• Like 3

Usually eat there as not far from the condo.

Always good value and foods are tasty too.

then onto the bars at Rompho .....good value for the expats!!

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 3 weeks later...

A mate of mine put me onto the "Jane" Bar in the Rhompo complex. Nothing too special about it except it is consistently the coldest beer I have had in Pattaya and the staff leave you alone.

image.png

On 28/06/2017 at 10:10 AM, just hanging said:

sit down with air conditioning

Kiss is open-air.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Kiss is open-air with airconditioning

16 hours ago, Jebb said:

A mate of mine put me onto the "Jane" Bar in the Rhompo complex. Nothing too special about it except it is consistently the coldest beer I have had in Pattaya and the staff leave you alone.

That must be a block of ice then :)