IGNORED

Late check out, based on late check in allowed?

chikkoo

Hi,

Within 2 months, I am having my second trip to Pattaya but I have some odd timing of arrival and departure, therefore I have this question.

Is there any hotel that will allow me check out late, based on my late check in time? I have stayed in some cities, they do allow this 24 hr check in, check out procedure.

The reason is, I will be arriving Pattaya around 10:30 pm, and after 3-4 days my flight will be at 2:00 am, so I will be leaving pattaya around 9:00pm, I am looking for any hotels that will allow me late check out, considering my late check in.  Other wise what are the standard charges for late check out? 

Thanks.

Late check out is allowed at a lot of hotels subject to availability but normally it is 4-6 hrs. I think you will just have to pay for an extra day.

Just now, mbamber said:

Late check out is allowed at a lot of hotels subject to availability but normally it is 4-6 hrs. I think you will just have to pay for an extra day.

Yup, leaving 9pm, normally you will pay for that night.

they roughly charge half a day often when they offer it .. where its not clear or even if they say no problem/no charge then ive paid for an extra night before to avoid any possible mis-understanding come mid-day on my check-out day  (this has happened to me several times they say ok no problem then ive been turfed out at 12 regardless)

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Spend your last night at the Hard Rock in Kings Club. Last time I had to leave in the evening they gave us a 3pm check out but allowed us to use the club lounge (free drinks and snacks) until we left and use the swimming pool changing rooms (like a leisure centre changing room in UK) for a shower and change of clothes etc.

We booked a swimming pool cabanna for the afternoon (900 baht with 2 soft drinks and 2 beer) so we had somewhere to have an afternoon nap.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

If you are Accor member, you could ask for late check out till 5pm if you stay in Baraquda (subject to availablity). Hilton member stay in Hilton, late check out till 4pm (subject to availabllity too). You said you are going to leave at 9pm. You could leave your luggages at the hotel. Go to Central Festival to watch a movie and have dinner. Go back to the hotel by 9pm.

While you may be able to obtain a late checkout (or pay a half day rate to stay even later), I don't think that your arrival time will have any impact upon it.  The hotel is not going to say "you arrived really late the first night, so we will let you stay late on the last one."

That said, solid input above about trying to get an extended checkout of half day rate.

Also consider renting a short time hotel room for a few hours after you check out of your hotel if you just wanted to sleep until you leave pattaya... would be cheaper I'm sure than a full days rate. Im also nearly sure if the hotel isn't fully booked they may let you pay a half day rate or something.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure you'll be hard pressed to find a hotel grand you those terms but whats you budget?

Do what the rest of us do.....

Check out at 12 noon, leave bags in reception (take laptop/bag with you) and go do some shopping, food, massage, ST then come back for bags and taxi and away you go......

It depends.

I stayed in a hotel for 6 weeks and because of this they granted me a late check out free of charge at 11pm. 

10 minutes ago, Farmer1 said:

Do what the rest of us do.....

Check out at 12 noon, leave bags in reception (take laptop/bag with you) and go do some shopping, food, massage, ST then come back for bags and taxi and away you go......

:YeahThat1: That's what I do!

When I stayed at the Areca Lodge on one or my trips last year I decided to stay one extra day. I had to leave for the airport at 10:00 PM and they charged me a extra 600 baht to stay to 10:00 PM, not bad for a extra 10 hours.

Except for that one time, I just book and pay for pay for that day when I have a late trip to the airport.

I find the 24 hour policy you asked about. My flights alway arrive at midnight and I get to the hotel some time between 1:45 and 2:15 AM, its just easy to pay for the first night.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

12 hours ago, chikkoo said:

I have stayed in some cities, they do allow this 24 hr check in, check out procedure.

Where? Never heard of it before but love the idea.

11 minutes ago, matrix123 said:

Thanks for that. I haven't been out Chinatown way for years and was actually thinking of escaping Sukhumvit area on my next trip, "if" I do manage to that looks like a good option at a decent price too. 24 hours from checkin is a great idea.

Edit: Having re-looked at it, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it looks like the 24 hour thing is just that - a promotion for a 24 hour stay. Have you stayed there by any chance or know if it's actually a 24 hr policy regardless of length of stay? Doesn't look like you can search and book online and as I'm not 100% certain when I'll be able to escape next can't be arsed emailing them to ask just now.

3 hours ago, LeoTex said:

When I stayed at the Areca Lodge on one or my trips last year I decided to stay one extra day. I had to leave for the airport at 10:00 PM and they charged me a extra 600 baht to stay to 10:00 PM, not bad for a extra 10 hours.

Except for that one time, I just book and pay for pay for that day when I have a late trip to the airport.

I find the 24 hour policy you asked about. My flights alway arrive at midnight and I get to the hotel some time between 1:45 and 2:15 AM, its just easy to pay for the first night.

LeoTex

That sounds fair to me, unlike the LKGROUP who charge you half a day, even for 2 hours & the  room is not booked! Greedy B......S!

8 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Thanks for that. I haven't been out Chinatown way for years and was actually thinking of escaping Sukhumvit area on my next trip, "if" I do manage to that looks like a good option at a decent price too. 24 hours from checkin is a great idea.

Edit: Having re-looked at it, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it looks like the 24 hour thing is just that - a promotion for a 24 hour stay. Have you stayed there by any chance or know if it's actually a 24 hr policy regardless of length of stay? Doesn't look like you can search and book online and as I'm not 100% certain when I'll be able to escape next can't be arsed emailing them to ask just now.

I haven't stayed there. Last time I was in Bangkok, I read an article from a Thailand newspaper (in English) about more and more hotels in Thailand offer this 24 hours stays. A couple more hotels offer the same kind of stay:

http://www.chatrium.com/maitriahotel/round-the-clock-%40-maitria-,specialoffers_viewItem_5991-en.html

http://www.uhotelsresorts.com/usukhumvitbangkok/special-offers-en.html

It is really good for the guys want to spend a night in Bangkok and have a late evening/early morning flight.

Thanks again, looks like I have some research to do.

Archived