IGNORED

TM 30 reporting

devee8

3 minutes ago, bullseye said:

But once registered by the hotel if you are still in pattaya why the need to register again just because you move 800 meters up the road?

Because those are the Thai laws. Every foreigner must be registered at the address they are residing. Every time you move the new address should be registered.

You’d be unlucky if you had a problem, even if the condo owner didn’t register you.

However, you will need proof of address when you get your extension so will need something to show the condo where you are staying.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bullseye said:

I am arriving shortly for a 38 day stay. I was planning to enter on the visa exemption stamp and extend at Jomtien sometime. I will be staying at a hotel for a week then moving to a condo. Do I need to register within 24 hours of arrival or will the hotel have done it?

just for the better cost and less hassel get a single entry 60 day visa at home. SETV

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

9 minutes ago, talung66 said:

just for the better cost and less hassel get a single entry 60 day visa at home. SETV

Good advice.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, bullseye said:

But once registered by the hotel if you are still in pattaya why the need to register again just because you move 800 meters up the road?

Because  immigration wishes to know where you are staying not only what city or province you are staying in.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Went to Imi for reentry. 24h reporting is compulsory aka very highly recommended or take the consequences later.

Better soon then later.

I am arriving shortly for a 38 day stay. I was planning to enter on the visa exemption stamp and extend at Jomtien sometime. I will be staying at a hotel for a week then moving to a condo. Do I need to register within 24 hours of arrival or will the hotel have done it?
Depends on the hotel, small ones may not, best to check

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 04:46, JAI DEE MAK said:

Because  immigration wishes to know where you are staying not only what city or province you are staying in.

JDM

What about a visit to a friend/relative's house, either Thai or falang for a few days up in Issan?

18 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

What about a visit to a friend/relative's house, either Thai or falang for a few days up in Issan?

Technically they should register you, but being Thailand ...

My personal experience:

I had no idea about this registration thing, but the people in charge to renew my visa after 90 days told me about it during my first week here, pretty glad and you'll see why:

I put them in contact with the condo agent so they can deal with that by themselves, the condo agent told me everything was set. 2 months plus later the people in charge of renewing my visa ask me "Where is the paper?", "WTF? The agent told me everything was set", "No, she never brought the paper, told us she has it and will bring it but now doesn't answer the phone".

I contact her and what was the agent excuse? "Oh, they told me there is no hurry". No hurry is 3-4 days you dipshit, not 3-4 months or until you remember. Finally was just a shitty paper (like 25% of a DIN-A4) with the address of the condo, some signature and some ink seal, just bureaucracy paperwork that nobody will care to check.

Thai mentality.

6 hours ago, cutecutepillow said:

Thai mentality

Who gets a fine, you or her, why would the bitch care?

On 16/01/2018 at 08:33, soi16 said:

Went to Imi for reentry. 24h reporting is compulsory aka very highly recommended or take the consequences later.

Better soon then later.

Quoting my self. 

Today after lunch.

IMG_20180122_133206.thumb.jpg.56670bec694a9cebb7a30ca1ac2df5b0.jpg

Sorry, now I need to speak loud.

WENT FOR 24H REPORTING..MS IMI AT 90 DAYS DESK...NO NEED TO DO THAT, BECAUSE LONG TIME VISA. ONLY IF YOU CHANGE ADDRESS. SO WHO THE F**K KNOW ANYTHING ANYMORE? OUT OF IMI AFTER 40MIN WIHTOUT ANY NOTES ON THE PASSPORT.

• 4 months later...

I own a condo and stay in it for my short vacations of under 30 days.  Being that I enter on a visa exempt 30-day stamp each time, I have never bothered to do a TM30 because I have no need to deal with Immigration to any extent.

This time when I come in a few weeks I think that I want to try and obtain a Thai drivers license.  Of course for the license I will need a residence certificate.  And probably for the residence certificate they will look for the TM30 having been completed.

So, never having done this... My question is will a front and back copy of my condo chanote suffice for my registering myself for a TM30 as my own house master, or will they request/look for something else?

If an agent has on occasion done some rental of my condo when I am out of the Country will this make a difference in any way during my TM30 process?

• 1 month later...

As I just come back from a short trip to my country, and as I had something to do at Jomtien today, I decided it was a good opportunity to register my first TM30. I live in my own condo for 10 years and my first try for a TM30 in 2016 had been refused because of my Retirement status.

At the reception, the lovely lady who took my files and passport first look at my Visa and immediately asked me "Why do you want make that? You moved?"... She then clearly insisted on the point that - at Jomtien Immigration - if you are on a Retirement Extension and still at the same address, you don't have to make TM30 reports...

I then insisted a little, mentioning that (I read that) a few guys on Retirement Extension have already be fined at Jomtien, and then the second lady at the reception intervened: "if they got a fined, it's that something changed in their situation". "Retirement + Same Address => No TM30"

There was no Immigration farang volunteer around so that I could ask for the exact official rule about that... so take my today experience for what it is worth...

As I just come back from a short trip to my country, and as I had something to do at Jomtien today, I decided it was a good opportunity to register my first TM30. I live in my own condo for 10 years and my first try for a TM30 in 2016 had been refused because of my Retirement status.

At the reception, the lovely lady who took my files and passport first look at my Visa and immediately asked me "Why do you want make that? You moved?"... She then clearly insisted on the point that - at Jomtien Immigration - if you are on a Retirement Extension and still at the same address, you don't have to make TM30 reports...

I then insisted a little, mentioning that (I read that) a few guys on Retirement Extension have already be fined at Jomtien, and then the second lady at the reception intervened: "if they got a fined, it's that something changed in their situation". "Retirement + Same Address => No TM30"

There was no Immigration farang volunteer around so that I could ask for the exact official rule about that... so take my today experience for what it is worth...
Did you ask if you could see that in black and white?

5 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Did you ask if you could see that in black and white?

Yes, of course, and also asked them to put some stamp and/or signature on my form to prove that I tried to make this TM30 reporting, but I got nothing more than the words of these 2 ladies...  :(

14 hours ago, Oukiva said:

I've had my retirement extension since 2006 and have lived in my own condo since 2009.  When I came back from a 2 week trip from the states in April I heard the same BS that I needed to do the TM30.  I went to Jomtien and talked to both the lady at the front desk and also the falang volunteer and both stated that I didn't need the TM30.  However as the falang looked at my passport he noticed that when I received the entry stamp at BKK the immigration official used the same date for length of stay that one receives when they don't have a visa (30 days) instead of the date of expiration of my retirement extension so I had to get that corrected.

18 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I've had my retirement extension since 2006 and have lived in my own condo since 2009.  When I came back from a 2 week trip from the states in April I heard the same BS that I needed to do the TM30.  I went to Jomtien and talked to both the lady at the front desk and also the falang volunteer and both stated that I didn't need the TM30.  ......

My understanding, and things seem quite fluid on this topic, is that if you own your own condo you do not need to do a TM 30 registration. However, if you have guests, you need to register them. This would only apply to someone who has a need to visit immigration.

My understanding, and things seem quite fluid on this topic, is that if you own your own condo you do not need to do a TM 30 registration. However, if you have guests, you need to register them. This would only apply to someone who has a need to visit immigration.
Last year a friend of mine who owns a condo had to do a TM30 registration at Jomtien, i think he had to pay a small fine. That was his first time doing it

was in Jomtien Immigration a few months ago, registering a change of address on behalf of the owner of the property we were renting at the time. The chap aherad of us was doing the same thing, but had been in the property for over 6 months and the owner had not submitted the TM30.  The Immigation Officer insisted that although the owner was repsonsible, the tenant was now in Immigration and had to pay the 6,000 Baht fine and then get it back from the owner.  The IO would not budge and they were still at it when we left. I would guess that the tenant lost that argument!  Just a heads up.  Don't do the job for the owner, get them to do it themselves.  I'm told that they can do it online, so no excuse for not doing it.

I regularly stay at a guesthouse which is managed by the travel agent office on the ground floor. While the king in last time, I asked if they would report my stay to Immigration, she gave me a blank look. I then mentioned TM30 declaration, she had no idea what I was talking about.

Next year I will need a Residence Certificate to renew my Thai driving license, have to consider staying at different place.

• 4 months later...
On 18/01/2018 at 20:04, usexpat46 said:

You're expected to register at nearest Imm. Office within a couple days to avoid a fine when seeking extension.

My last ext. we slipped the officer 300 baht to overlook the fine.

I live at my wifes home 6 months a year.

On 15/01/2018 at 03:31, KittenKong said:

They definitely dont seem to apply the rules the same way for long-stayers.

I own my own condo and have been here on a retirement extension for many years. I've never completed a TM30. I do leave the country quite often, though never for more than one month, and I also travel around the country staying in hotels. No one has ever asked me anything about a TM30 in Jomtien. I was in there recently for a new extension and also for my 90-day reporting and every procedure I have ever done at Jomtien has been using the address of my condo.

When staying in hotels here I always show my Thai driving licence instead of my passport. I've no idea what effect, if any, that has on anything.

Your passport details are on your Thai driving licence.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 24/11/2018 at 10:57, JAI DEE MAK said:

Your passport details are on your Thai driving licence.

JDM

Not always.   I have my ID card number in my driving license.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 20/11/2018 at 04:44, PattayaFanatic said:

You're expected to register at nearest Imm. Office within a couple days to avoid a fine when seeking extension.

My last ext. we slipped the officer 300 baht to overlook the fine.

I live at my wifes home 6 months a year.

It is up to the home owner to register at immigration and for you to register when you go home again.

Couple of weeks ago I went for 90 days and asked what happens if a friend has too much to drink and sleeps for a couple of hours before going home.   Immigration officer said that I had to register him being there!!!!   

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 minutes ago, udontony said:

It is up to the home owner to register at immigration and for you to register when you go home again.

Couple of weeks ago I went for 90 days and asked what happens if a friend has too much to drink and sleeps for a couple of hours before going home.   Immigration officer said that I had to register him being there!!!!   

Tell them to prove friend stayed 2 hours.

With that logic movie theater better inform immigration your presence

Soon the electronic ackle bracelets will be mandatory for all foreign visitors.

Archived