IGNORED

TM 30 reporting

devee8

Maybe this is not the correct place to pose this question and I would think it has been asked before. The question is - If a customer rents a room off a Condominium owner, Who is responsible to report the person to Immigration TM30 report, Is it

1. The Owner of the Condo who rented the room to him or

2. The juristic/manager of the Condo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The owner of the condo or who ever is responsible for renting it out must register all new rentals and it must be longer than 30 days rentals. The juristic or manger is not responsible for renting out rooms. 

• 6 months later...

Who actually files the form with immigration? The property owner or the visa holder? If the property owner does not have to go, and is Thai, is it necessary to supply a copy of their signed ID card or anything else along with the TM 30?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, ex-pat said:

Who actually files the form with immigration? The property owner or the visa holder? If the property owner does not have to go, and is Thai, is it necessary to supply a copy of their signed ID card or anything else along with the TM 30?

Thanks.

The owner. The entire onus is on the owner regardless of owner's nationality.

If the owner requests the tenant to make the report, then yes the owner has to supply signed copies of ID plus registration book and the TM-30 form. If the report is overdue, the immigration officer will request payment of a fine on the spot. 

There are plenty of other resources out there for up to date info on this.

I rent a condo through a realty agent. Is the agent responsible for filing the TM30? I pay the rent to the agent. TIA

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

4 hours ago, likeaking said:

I rent a condo through a realty agent. Is the agent responsible for filing the TM30? I pay the rent to the agent. TIA

yes but read your contract it might have wordinb to put the responcibility on you.

On 6/16/2017 at 18:51, devee8 said:

Maybe this is not the correct place to pose this question and I would think it has been asked before. The question is - If a customer rents a room off a Condominium owner, Who is responsible to report the person to Immigration TM30 report, Is it

1. The Owner of the Condo who rented the room to him or

2. The juristic/manager of the Condo

On 6/21/2017 at 21:43, nthn said:

The owner of the condo or who ever is responsible for renting it out must register all new rentals and it must be longer than 30 days rentals. The juristic or manger is not responsible for renting out rooms. 

Not to sure about that. the rental has to be a month or more.

You cant rent out for less than a month but people do like airbnb so they dont register as they dont know or if they do there breaking the law.

20 hours ago, ex-pat said:

Thanks.

I know hardly anybody dose it but it is the owner’s responsibility or the house master as the Thais call it. If the renter is a non-Thai and a fine is applicable.I also have seen real-estate contracts putting the responsibility on the renter as you need to reregister after every entry. The contact states how the lessor can expect to keep track of coming and goings of the lessee.

And if you’re not registered (as a renter)and you need to do a visa extension or a ninety day report you may have to pay a fine. So there is a catch 22 there. My mates tenant had the fine when he went to extend and he has that clause in his. So he didn’t register him and now he is worried about being fined.

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/wiki-the-tm-30-form-all-you-need-to-know-about-it-and-why-it-matters-to-you-p172

https://perfecthomes.co.th/tm030-registration-thailand/

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

When did all of this crap start? I left 6 months ago and none of this was required back then. At least not to my knowledge. 

I rented 3 different condos over a period that exceeded a decade and never heard of this stuff before. It gives me another reason to feel glad that I left.

45 minutes ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

When did all of this crap start? I left 6 months ago and none of this was required back then. At least not to my knowledge. 

I rented 3 different condos over a period that exceeded a decade and never heard of this stuff before. It gives me another reason to feel glad that I left.

There is another thread on this that gives a little better detail. Let me see if I can find it:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/320805-make-sure-your-registered-or-you-will-be-fined/?tab=comments#comment-4280106

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

There is another thread on this that gives a little better detail. Let me see if I can find it:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/320805-make-sure-your-registered-or-you-will-be-fined/?tab=comments#comment-4280106

Ok. Thanks. So it is something very recent I guess and it's being handled in typical Thai fashion. "Surprise! Surprise! You owe us money for being ignorant of the law that just went into effect 48 hours ago. Pay me."

I had 3 different landlords in Thailand and the 1st and the 3rd would have been meticulous about getting this handled. The 2nd one, a Chinese/Thai thief, would have probably never done anything about it. The old cunt would have probably just said, "Me too busy. You just pay fine every time."

1 hour ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

Ok. Thanks. So it is something very recent I guess and it's being handled in typical Thai fashion. "Surprise! Surprise! You owe us money for being ignorant of the law that just went into effect 48 hours ago. Pay me."

I am keeping an eye on this as I am in the process of determining if I really want to become a Jomtien based ex-pat. I do have to make a few trips to Immigration, but am confident the persons that I am renting a condo from (Dance Watchers) have filed the TM30.

btw - I used to be married to a Filipina and once upon a time was thinking about making the PI my ex-pat base. I changed my mind. Good luck to you.

And if you own your condo are you your own 'House Master'.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

56 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

yes

6 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

yes but i dont think you will have to fill in a TM30 as your the registerd as an owner.

yes but i dont think you will have to fill in a TM30 as your the registerd as an owner.
Owners of condos still need to do it, a friend had to pay a fine when he was down there

1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

More than 2 years ago. :unsure:

Google TM30 + ThaiVisa give several topics in 2015, like this one from October 2015 :

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862715-tm-30-just-when-is-it-needed/

I never heard a peep about it. Not from anybody, including immigration.

1 minute ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

If you are here on 1-year extension, Jomtien doesn't ask you anything about this TM30  (Nothing official, but my case and idem for many friend on Retirement extension)

If you are a tourist (Tourist visa or Exemption) more than 1 year that the TM30 is mandatory at Jomtien if you want obtain an extension.

10 minutes ago, Pattaya_Brian said:

Maybe you do not read ThaiVisa...    and Pattaya-Addict :rolleyes:

From October 19, 2015 on *this* forum :

If you are here on 1-year extension, Jomtien doesn't ask you anything about this TM30  (Nothing official, but my case and idem for many friend on Retirement extension)
If you are a tourist (Tourist visa or Exemption) more than 1 year that the TM30 is mandatory at Jomtien if you want obtain an extension.
Nah, they haven't been enforcing it until recently. Last couple of years i doubt my landlord reported, didn't even take my passport

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

Nah, they haven't been enforcing it until recently. Last couple of years i doubt my landlord reported, didn't even take my passport

Okay then, that makes more sense.

On 13/01/2018 at 17:44, Oukiva said:

They definitely dont seem to apply the rules the same way for long-stayers.

I own my own condo and have been here on a retirement extension for many years. I've never completed a TM30. I do leave the country quite often, though never for more than one month, and I also travel around the country staying in hotels. No one has ever asked me anything about a TM30 in Jomtien. I was in there recently for a new extension and also for my 90-day reporting and every procedure I have ever done at Jomtien has been using the address of my condo.

When staying in hotels here I always show my Thai driving licence instead of my passport. I've no idea what effect, if any, that has on anything.

there is is running in another section as well

I am arriving shortly for a 38 day stay. I was planning to enter on the visa exemption stamp and extend at Jomtien sometime. I will be staying at a hotel for a week then moving to a condo. Do I need to register within 24 hours of arrival or will the hotel have done it?

2 minutes ago, bullseye said:

I am arriving shortly for a 38 day stay. I was planning to enter on the visa exemption stamp and extend at Jomtien sometime. I will be staying at a hotel for a week then moving to a condo. Do I need to register within 24 hours of arrival or will the hotel have done it?

hotels do it automatically.

The condo owner (not you) should do it again when you move there, but many condo owners don’t.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

33 minutes ago, davidge said:

Hotels do it automatically.

The condo owner (not you) should do it again when you move there, but many condo owners don’t.

But once registered by the hotel if you are still in pattaya why the need to register again just because you move 800 meters up the road?

Archived