IGNORED

5, 30 day stamps

NorCalKid

Hey everybody.  I have kinda had a change of plans.  Just kinda decided 2 things.  6 weeks is too long here (always have the most fun first 2-3 weeks.  And 3 months is too long.  My current 3, 6 week trips and 1 4 week trip means a streach of almost 3 months in the US.  Was kinda doing it like this to minimize flights.  But 3 months in the US blows.

Anyway, decided to do 5, 28 day trips instead.  Think this will keep my time in Thailand "fresher" and eliminate any streach of over 7 or 8 weeks working.  

Am I guna have any problems with 5, 30 day entry stamps a year.  Are you FIFO guys having any problems? (I'm currently using 60 day tourist visa)

Still trying to figure out what works best for me.  Guess there are worse problems to have.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, sean coast said:

best ask diane abbott

She says you can do 50 x 30 day stays a year. :D

Yes you are likely to have an issue. There is a maximum of visa exempts (30 days) a calendar year, i think its 3. Get a METV and that will allow you to come in and out, then get an SETV and a visa exempt or two if required.

This from the Thai Embassy London so will count for other countries with the Visa exemption says you can only stay 90 days in every 6 month period.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/faq-visa-to-thailand

This from the Thai Embassy London so will count for other countries with the Visa exemption says you can only stay 90 days in every 6 month period.
http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/faq-visa-to-thailand

That's not correct. With a tourist visa you get 60 days, then can extend for another 30 days, leave then reenter the same day and get another 30 or 60 days depending if you have an METV

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's not correct. With a tourist Visa you get 60 days, then can extend for another 30 days, leave then reenter the same day and get another 30 or 60 days depending if you have an METV

If you read it visa exemption is 30 days but using it you can only do 90 days in a 6 months period so 3 x 30 of 6 x 15 so on.He was asking how many times he can come in using the exemption not getting a Visa. Five 30 day visa exemptions should be OK in a year. 

If you read it visa exemption is 30 days but using it you can only do 90 days in a 6 months period so 3 x 30 of 6 x 15 so on.He was asking how many times he can come in using the exemption not getting a Visa. Five 30 day visa exemptions should be OK in a year. 

That's not what people on the ground are reporting on thaivisa

Post deleted . I doubt the validity of the site i quoted from . apologies

Post deleted . I doubt the validity of the site i quoted from . apologies

Yeah it was cobblers.
I just double checked thaivisa and the visa guru said "At land border crossings they are now limited to 2 per calendar year"

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/987707-visa-exemptions-or-tourist-visa-for-a-6-month-stay-?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah it was cobblers.
I just double checked thaivisa and the Visa guru said "At land border crossings they are now limited to 2 per calendar year"

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/987707-visa-exemptions-or-tourist-visa-for-a-6-month-stay-?

It was the 15 days at land borders too that wasn't right . Apologies gents.

• 3 weeks later...

You shouldnt have any problems.Ive been doing 5-6 trips (using visa excempts) a year for the last 7 years and I havent had any problems at Immigration.

Archived